Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Tim

Tim Avatar

Official Member

January 2007
Anyone played it? The graphical style is awesome. It's like the entire game is hand painted, and the gameplay is great to boot! I'd definitely recommend it.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I've wanted this since it came out for the most part, but I barely have any time anymore, and even if I did I'd want to catch up on old games or used/cheap games. Even though it released for $40.

Still on my imaginary list. Kind of surprising that it won GotY at IGN, though.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I want it, but I'd have to get the PS2 version and really, what's the point? It looks beautiful, though.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lucifer said:
I want it, but I'd have to get the PS2 version and really, what's the point? It looks beautiful, though.

Um, so you can play it? It's a PS2 exclusive.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
shadowyone said:
lucifer said:

Didn't it come out for the DS originally? I was under the impression that much of the gameplay utilized the stylus.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
You must be thinking of a different game. Though an Okami sequel could make good use of the stylus.

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
lucifer said:
shadowyone said:

Didn't it come out for the DS originally? I was under the impression that much of the gameplay utilized the stylus.

i thought so too.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
It's only for PS2. I rented it. Awesome game. It deserved the graphics award it won.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
shadowyone said:
You must be thinking of a different game. Though an Okami sequel could make good use of the stylus.

I was positive that it did, though...I see now that all the information online is about the PS2 version, but I was damned sure. I remember the wolf and everything and I was like "I want a DS just for that game".

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
i really do remember it. i saw it on X-Play. maybe the DS version is a Japan release only.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
No, Okami was its own separate creation. Link turns into a wolf in Twilight Princess, but that's Wii/GCN, unless there's something in Phantom Hourglass (which'll be on DS) I haven't heard about.

Maybe X-Play didn't know what they were talking about. I wouldn't exactly put them at the top of trustworthy places. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of a DS game like that.

Last Edit: Feb 5, 2007 4:00:19 GMT by Ess Ohh

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Okami is only for PS2. X-Play must have been showing something else. Maybe The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Well I'm bumping this 'cause I bought it the same time as Sonic Rush a while ago. I must say it is like Zelda on the PS2, so that's pretty good. I'm around four hours in, and luckily things are picking up after the slow beginning. So far so good, but I have to play more to find out if it's really as awesome as I've heard.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i haven't heard much about this game. What is this game about?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
It's an adventure where you play as this wolf deity and have to go save the land from this horrible monstrosity that was sealed away a thousand years ago blah blah etc. etc. your average folklore cliche. At least so far. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it gets more complicated.

The biggest distinction in the game is probably the brush techniques, though. If you paint a certain pattern onto the world you can change it (fix it, slice things like enemies, make the sun rise, stuff like that).

Of course, I think I'm only around four hours in, but that's the basic gist of it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling