Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811056p1.html

$50 taken off both models, if for some odd reason people still want to buy the core system. Me being cheap and all, I'll wait 'til the premium's at $300, probably. Or if I get an HDTV, whichever comes first. Wait, I don't have time for any of that... Well, anyway, there's a price drop, for the Elite, too, though that's only down $30.

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
well thats good. that might help increase sales some.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
oh and hi. its been a bit since i've posted here.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Do they have a choice? Their sales were worse than the ps2

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
crazyj said:

Everyone's sales were worse than the PS2. That puppy shipped like 120 million consoles over the course of almost seven years. Right now the 360 is "winning" in terms of the amount of units shipped (not sold, that's different), although the Wii is catching up pretty quickly.

Last Edit: Aug 8, 2007 22:36:40 GMT by Ess Ohh

silverwings

silverwings Avatar

Official Member

April 2007
Wii...ick. I am glad to see a drop in prices. Make Christmas shopping cheaper.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Fun. Once I'm done paying off some money I borrowed for my iPod I'll probably save up for one, specially because of Halo 3.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
shadowyone said:
crazyj said:

Everyone's sales were worse than the PS2. That puppy shipped like 120 million consoles over the course of almost seven years. Right now the 360 is "winning" in terms of the amount of units shipped (not sold, that's different), although the Wii is catching up pretty quickly.

i meant monthly sales D:

Gray

Gray Avatar

April 2013
Did they lower it because of the Halo 3 Console?

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
gray929 said:

I don't think so. Really, they haven't had a price drop in ages, and as SO has said, the Wii is catching up in terms of shipping (behind by approximately 2 million). This is probably just a marketing strategy to keep up their pace against PS3 and the Wii.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i was wondering when they were going to drop the price for the 360

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
aznx said:
gray929 said:

I don't think so. Really, they haven't had a price drop in ages, and as SO has said, the Wii is catching up in terms of shipping (behind by approximately 2 million). This is probably just a marketing strategy to keep up their pace against PS3 and the Wii.

They may need to drop it a bit more then. $50 really isn't much when you look at it. $75 would have been better suited.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
They dropped their prices in Australia, now the core of the xbox 360 costs the same as the wii. Source: www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=496

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
That's like $285, though Wikipedia's giving me some weird with tax/not with tax estimates, so I'm not sure.

But yeah, it's pretty much just a marketing strat. They probably didn't lower it too much right now since it's still selling well and they're still in the lead as far as shipping goes (profit is a different story). With the Wii selling and the PS3 getting a price drop (until they stop making 60 gig ones) they probably felt they should at least do something.

Last gen I remember the first price drops going from $300 to $200 for Xbox and PS2, and $200 to $150 for GCN, I think.

newBookmarkLockedFalling