Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
www.sz-ex.com/chris/snake/snake_v3.html

So, I decided it was time for me to get off my ass and do something medium-high level JS again.... and I figured what could be better than finishing my snake game... so I did. Except, I started from scratch instead of finishing. :P This is open source for those who want to learn from it.

Should work properly in Opera 9.5, Firefox 3, and Internet Explorer 7. I haven't tested any other browsers. :) Let me know if you find any bugs, etc. Have fun.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Always manage to keep me entertained. :P

I'll be honest, the controls are a lot more responsive than i'd have expected. Though, considering the simplicity of the game, i'd have anticipated a more linear approach; your source seems rather adaptable to change. Was it your plan from the start to open source it or do you just like the attention? :P

Last Edit: Jul 22, 2008 5:39:50 GMT by Aaron

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
Always manage to keep me entertained. :P

I'll be honest, the controls are a lot more responsive than i'd have expected. Though, considering the simplicity of the game, i'd have anticipated a more linear approach; your source seems rather adaptable to change. Was it your plan from the start to open source it or do you just like the attention? :P

I did plan to open source it... but the reason it's adaptable to change is probably from what I learned in AP Computer Science. That's also how I got the idea of the linked list to figure out how to move them. (Which is also why it runs so fast... the only snake body that moves is the very last one as it becomes the first one. :))

And thanks. :D

Last Edit: Jul 22, 2008 12:33:01 GMT by Chris

superkid

superkid Avatar
=]

June 2008
haha,

I don't think the snake should eat itself. B*st*rd,

That's funny

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Chris Avatar
(Which is also why it runs so fast... the only snake body that moves is the very last one as it becomes the first one. :))

I can't imagine doing it any other way. :P Completely eliminates the need to pivot the snake "manually."

I really do like it when people don't over-think these things. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
Chris Avatar
(Which is also why it runs so fast... the only snake body that moves is the very last one as it becomes the first one. :))

I can't imagine doing it any other way. :P Completely eliminates the need to pivot the snake "manually."

I really do like it when people don't over-think these things. :P

Yeah... well, originally I was moving every single piece. Then I kinda slapped myself in the head with a "Duh." :P

stoner
Chris , great job! This gme is pretty fun , but I keep on running into a fence! :D

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
37 apples ftw!

Good game chris :).

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Chris you've outdone yourself. :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Chris you've outdone yourself. :P

Somehow I doubt that. :P I think getting the highest score possible on a test over a year long course without taking the course and studying for 6 days tops this.

newBookmarkLockedFalling