Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
www.htmliseasy.com/javascript/index.html

I've tried to learn js before, but boy did this tutorial make it a lot easier to remember it all. The exercises are really bothersome but are so helpful it's worth it.

stoner
I am trying it right now. I don't even know about Javascript , but I can still understand it! It is so easy!

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
If you don't know of something, in this case Javascript as you said, how can you understand it?

I didn't know you could understand something you didn't know of. For example I understand how Aliens communicate, but I don't know if the exist.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
You don't have to get stabbed in the face to know it'd hurt. ;) I don't see how it's not possible for Nathaniel to understand the daunting world of x=5?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
You don't have to get stabbed in the face to know it'd hurt. ;) I don't see how it's not possible for Nathaniel to understand the daunting world of x=5?

If he can tell me what document.createContextualFragment does and how it works, then by all means, I'll admit he understands Javascript even if he doesn't know about it.

---

It does look like a good tutorial. At a quick glance I didn't see anything I didn't already know, but it is "basic tutorial" as he said. (And there are a crap load of basics to JS.)

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Chris Avatar
Aaron Avatar

If he can tell me what document.createContextualFragment does and how it works, then by all means, I'll admit he understands Javascript even if he doesn't know about it.

---

It does look like a good tutorial. At a quick glance I didn't see anything I didn't already know, but it is "basic tutorial" as he said. (And there are a crap load of basics to JS.)

Now, now. You know that's not relevant to my point. ;)

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Why are there no advanced JavaScript tutorials these days?
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
'cause maybe people are shying away from what they'd consider to be "advanced?"

Or maybe 'cause you won't get up off your ass and write one? >:(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
He wrote an AJAX one... though that's not really advanced anymore. :P What's "advanced" to you Moose?

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Chris Avatar
He wrote an AJAX one... though that's not really advanced anymore. :P What's "advanced" to you Moose?

Probably Getters and Setters and drag and drop

I think it would be nice if someone wrote a good tutorial on that stuff or maybe some stuff like offsetParent, offsetLeft, offsetRight, etc.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Moose Avatar
Chris Avatar

Probably Getters and Setters and drag and drop

I think it would be nice if someone wrote a good tutorial on that stuff or maybe some stuff like offsetParent, offsetLeft, offsetRight, etc.

Getters and setters are a bit more advanced, but not all that complicated. As for drag and drop... 50% of the aspects aren't. Some are though. And the offset stuff is rather basic man. :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
I think I got some short drag/drop and function recursion tuts over at g101. :P

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
A few more notes about the tutorial is I found it a great way to understand javascript, it teaches the basic function of the language, but it has flaws. For example the author for some reason decided to exclude declaring variables, which seems odd to me. I'm going over (from the start, even the stuff I already know) Thau's basic tutorial:

www.webmonkey.com/tutorial/JavaScript_Tutorial

For a more... efficient view on JS, then I plan to go over his advanced tutorial:

www.webmonkey.com/tutorial/Advanced_JavaScript_Tutorial

CHRIS :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
My God, someone else actually suggested a webmonkey tutorial. I'm...so...happy. :D

Last Edit: Aug 2, 2008 11:29:36 GMT by Aaron

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That is NOT advanced by my definition. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling