Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Well it was turning into a debate in the graphics board, so we decided it would make a good debate topic. :P

Do you prefer photoshop or paint shop pro? Why?

Is it more about the program or the designer?

Is one better than the other?

Is this a pointless debate?

is stinky insane?

debate!
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I prefer Photoshop. I've only used PSP once, and I didn't like it very much. Sure it was foreign to me, but I just didn't like the lack of features (This was PSP 6 or so :P). I've been using Photoshop since v7 (CS3 = v10) and have never had a complaint about it.

As a designer, I really hope the program doesn't have a lot to do with it :P. You'd be amazed at some of the art people do using MSPaint. However, as I said in the other thread, why not have your cake and eat it too? By that I mean, use the better program ;)

Although I haven't really used PSP, I've used another Corel-owned (I swear it's still owned by Ulead but it's on Corel's site; whatever) program called PhotoImpact. It doesn't compare to Photosohp in ANY ways.

Is stinky insane.... Hmm. The conversations I could show you ;)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Photoshop. Been using it since clear back at Version 4 on Macintosh 7 or 8.

Familiar with it, massive amounts of plugins, and other things available.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
paint shop pro X2, definitely. I've been using PSP since v5, and now it's in v12. So that just goes to show how long I have been. :P I'm only mediocre at what I use it for, and there's plenty of people that use PSP for some of the greatest designs I've ever seen. anything you do in photoshop can be done in psp. it just takes a lot more patience and talent. paint shop pro is actually easier to use, the tools are self-explanatory, and it's just all around simpler. plus, it's cheaper than photoshop any day.

designer, all the way.

that'll change with the person. anyone that's use to using psp will say that, same with photoshop. personally, i just love psp. it's easier, and i just find that i like it a lot better. i have more freedom to roam without having to use a bunch of tutorials. i used photoshop for my digital photography class for nearly two years, and i hated it. i always refused to do the photoshop lessons that were part of the grade. it was horrible for me.

in a way, 'cause it boils down to the designers opinion and comfort zone.

is stinky insane?
moreso than you'll ever know.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007

Photoshop, and I really don't know since I have never ever seen or use PSP but I', just comfortable with PS and more professional things and such and work and u know etc... use PS... =/

It's both...

U can say so...

Kind of cuz everyone has his own opinion about which he prefers...

is stinky insane?

Hell yes :P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I'm going to keep this very simple -.-

Paint Shop Pro (X2). Because it's what I personally am used to, I feel comfortable with it.

Simply, the designer. The more you know about your program, the more you can take advantage. Plus on top of that, you need to be creative (for any program), you need to know what the heck you're doing design-wise (lighting, colours etc).

Although everyone else will say "yes, photoshop", you know my answer is a simple "no". Sure, PS has more features than PSP, and it has many more professional users, but it's because it was obviously marketed better, and because people started to take to Photoshop, there are millions of magazines, video cd's, and so on, for it. Thus, enabling people to become "pro" in no time.

To be completely honest, yes. It's all a matter of opinion, no matter what anyone says. I prefer tea, to coffee, many prefer coffee to tea... it's just preference!!!

is stinky insane?
With topics like this popping up all the time.. yes. :P!!

newBookmarkLockedFalling