Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Welcome to the second installment of our weekly updates to the members. Let's get started...

Battle of the Boards
Recently, one of our affiliate forums, Slightly Insane, ran a competition called "Battle of the Boards." It began about 7 or 8 weeks ago, back in June. I threw SZ into the mix, hoping to come out with a decent showing. What came of the mess is a victory for the Studio. I'd like to thank everyone who voted for the Studio during the battle. :) Anyways, congrats again to SZ.

Compressed Coding
It's been a while since the last optimization for SZ's coding. Since the last optimization was more or less an entire recode, I didn't recompress the coding right away, just because of all the bugs that were bound to be there. (And there were quite a few.) Yesterday, I went through and recompress and GZip'd the coding once again and reuploaded it. Most of the SZ forum should now load even faster for everyone. :) Below is a list of the changes from the original to compressed to gzip size for each version.

v0: 15.8 -> 15.2 -> 6.35
v1: 27.3 -> 26.0 -> 10.0
v2m: 52.4 -> 48.7 -> 19.0
v2l: 15.5 -> 14.7 -> 6.73

Obviously a major change if your browser supports gzip. (Most do now.) So, if you haven't noticed a speed up already, you should hopefully soon.

SZ's Birthday
SZ's 3rd birthday is coming up soon. The terrible twos are over and SZ will begin it's treck into the fourth year. Go Studio Zero!

60k Posts
Though it mostly went unnoticed until Ben posted the next day.... SZ recently rolled over 60k posts. Our next landmark will be 75k and then 100k. Can we do either by Christmas? That's our real challenge. Let's hope. :)

Starbucks Skin Development
The skin development is getting back into production with Slip's recent return. He was busy for most of July, so it's only now that we can finally get something going. :) This should hopefully be finished by mid-September at latest.

Interview of the Week
Fredy recently unveiled another weekly activity for the CC: Interview of the Week. A selected member (or staff member) will answer almost any of your questions that you ask. I'd suggest contributing with any questions you have since this week is v3's lead designer, Josh. :)

Special Caption Contest
This week's caption contest, number 30, is a special week. All prizes are doubled and you're allowed more entries than usual, etc. I'd suggest you all enter if you get a chance. :)

Kinda a small update this week unfortunately. There should be a much larger update in two weeks though. :)

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
z0mg v3 in two weeks! :P

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
@ BOTB: For winning, SZ has a 14-Day Advertisement at the top of the page on SI :) Just tell me what to put up (image or link) and when--it can be anytime in the future (maybe when the Starbucks skin releases?)

Oh!... and there should be +7 ad-free credits for Studio Zero, my extra added treat :D

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar
@ BOTB: For winning, SZ has a 14-Day Advertisement at the top of the page on SI :) Just tell me what to put up (image or link) and when--it can be anytime in the future (maybe when the Starbucks skin releases?)

Oh!... and there should be +7 ad-free credits for Studio Zero, my extra added treat :D

Ownage >=D

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
yayz. :D

I don't really know what else to say. I'm really tired. lol :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Thanks Smangii. :) We'll get to that soon hopefully. But yeah, when the Starbucks skin is done would be a good time.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Hmm coffee...just hope we don't get sued when we put the Starbucks skin XDDD
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
We put up a disclaimer and it's more or less publicity for them. :P So I don't see the issue.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
We put up a disclaimer and it's more or less publicity for them. :P So I don't see the issue.

There's always the excuse of two damn bored kids...plus a Dentist in training 8-)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
if they get mad, we'll release a McDonalds skin instead. :P
k

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
if they get mad, we'll release a McDonalds skin instead. :P

Or Mountain Dew....Do the Dew! ;D

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
but McDonalds colors are so much fun to play with! Red and yellow! rofl XD
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
And Dew colors are closer to Starbucks. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol. Damn you stupid drink that makes people sterile. rofl :P
k

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
And Dew colors are closer to Starbucks. :P

Not really. Just do the whole forum in Dew yellow and add Homestar in the formula ;D

newBookmarkLockedFalling