Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
In light of the new movie being made, I've decided to start reading the books. They're very good, but I'm only on chapter 4 of the first. Then, when I'm done, I have 6 more books to read.

The Chronicles of Narnia
  • The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
    --How Asian, the noble lion, freed Narnia from the spell of the White Witch.
  • Prince Caspian
    --How good Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts conquered the Telmarines.
  • The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader"
    --How King Caspian sailed through the magic waters to the End of the World.
  • The Silver Chair
    --How captive Prince Rilian escaped from the Emerald Witch's underground kingdom.
  • The Horse and His Boy
    --How a talking horse and a boy prince saved Narnia from invasion.
  • The Magician's Nephew
    --How Asian created Narnia and gave the gift of speech to its animals.
  • The Last Battle
    --How evil came to Narnia and Asian led his people to the glorious new paradise.

So, talk about what you think of the books and the upcoming movie.

Last Edit: Aug 24, 2005 22:02:18 GMT by Lucifer

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
I'm sure this goes in the Media Board.. But anyway, I never heard of the series but it sounds cool. I'll have to check up on it. XD

Last Edit: Aug 24, 2005 22:29:50 GMT by Nicola

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hmm...I thought I posted it in the media board. Oh well, you should definitely read the books if you can find them. Very good, they are. But, they are quite old(1950) so it may be hard to find them. Especially since there's 7. I got lucky. My dad found saw a lady who was throwing out a whole box of books and took them and we got mostly crap, but some good.

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
Dude! IT WILL PWN TLOTR!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Of course it will. If a movie has a lion that leads an army, it's already better than LOTR.

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
lucifer said:
Of course it will. If a movie has a lion that leads an army, it's already better than LOTR.

Yup. The preveiws looked so cool.

tenkabuto

tenkabuto Avatar

January 1970
The books are babyish. The movie will probably be no better. Frankly, as long as it makes lil harry potter fans all mad and pissy since supposedly this is the only thing pwning HP, I like it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I havn't read the books since 4th grade, but by then, I'd read them all 7 times at least.

SAdly, they changed the order from the order of how they progress in the story, to the order in which they were written.

Anyway, there's a movie of the first book (Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe). ITs animted though, but heck, a movie of the series could be cool.

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
cddude229 said:
I havn't read the books since 4th grade, but by then, I'd read them all 7 times at least.

SAdly, they changed the order from the order of how they progress in the story, to the order in which they were written.

Anyway, there's a movie of the first book (Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe). ITs animted though, but heck, a movie of the series could be cool.

I haven't read any of the books. I probaly wouldn't read them anyway. I am a little more into movies then to books. :-*

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Most people are, but honestly, the books are worth reading.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
iecstacy said:
The books are babyish. The movie will probably be no better. Frankly, as long as it makes lil harry potter fans all mad and pissy since supposedly this is the only thing pwning HP, I like it.

No, they're not babyish. Much more adult than HP considering it's old, they speak like adults and don't act like little kids.

newBookmarkLockedFalling