Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

7.dust

7.dust Avatar

Official Member

November 2008
Hmm, well here is just a little suggestion from me. I think this forum is great and could be very successful, but I noticed something pretty crucial that's missing...staff activity.

I think new forums COUNT on staff to do plenty of replying....a lot of the boards are "led" by people I have never seen post in them. I'm not saying they aren't qualified I'm just saying maybe they could start posting in there board more often?

It would make A LOT of activity I think

"Leave, but don't leave me. Look around, choose your own ground, for long you live and high you fly and smiles you give and tears you cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I was kind of not really talking about this in the staff board, I guess it's not just me. I agree, though what boards in particular are catching your eye?

Last Edit: Nov 16, 2008 23:12:55 GMT by Ess Ohh

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
I know I didn't start this thread, but I was thinking these boards:

FX Exchange. Two threads in a week, with only 6 posts. :-/

Coder's Hangout - Especially the sub-boards. Just really inactive.

Yup, there are probably more, but those two are very important, seeing as that is where the designer's and coder's are "supposed" to be able to go to talk about programming and design.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
As far as coders' hangout is concerned... I'm officially a part-time admin currently and Dreggie was brought on board mainly for code requests and code support... so there's technically no staff for that board. :P I'll see what I can do, but yeah, not a whole lot to be done.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I think i might have replied to like one thread in the personal showcase since i started leading it. Believe me, i love the work everyone creates.. it's just that school/life kind of take priority over the internet.

But yeah.. activity in general is down. it's nothing like what it was a looong time ago. and might never be. but thats life, i guess
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Benjamin Avatar
I think i might have replied to like one thread in the personal showcase since i started leading it. Believe me, i love the work everyone creates.. it's just that school/life kind of take priority over the internet.

But yeah.. activity in general is down. it's nothing like what it was a looong time ago. and might never be. but thats life, i guess

Wait.. you have a life? Shocker :o

7.dust

7.dust Avatar

Official Member

November 2008
Meh, but I think if you are the moderator of a board you should have enough time to dedicate to that board and making sure it remains the best it can...

FX Exchange and Personal Showcase are the ones that caught my eye

"Leave, but don't leave me. Look around, choose your own ground, for long you live and high you fly and smiles you give and tears you cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
But things change. At the time of getting the staff position, that staff member may have been able to dedicate enough time, but then suddenly life gets crazy - true story. :o

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I'm generally pretty active on weekdays, but I dedicate my weekends to M7 for cleaning the weekly Bleach release. Because of that, it doesn't look like I do much between Thursday night and Sunday evening. I'll do some marathon posting/replying throughout the week, though.
wat

newBookmarkLockedFalling