Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
What would be a great resource to read that you coders recommend for somebody who would like to begin proboards coding?

Miss Lady Lillac

Miss Lady Lillac Avatar

December 2008
I was wondering the same thing. I mean I know little snippets of html and understand the very basics but I would really like to expand my knowledge.

Also how did you guys get started coding?

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Same here! :D
I have a website when I was a little kid that I make with HTML. It was fun :P
That's how I learned that...

Unfortunately, it's not too much help here :(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
My pattern of learning (language wise) went like this: HTML -> CSS -> JS -> PHP -> More JS -> MySQL -> More PHP -> Java. XML and XSL were in the middle somewhere.

You should be able to throw together a basic layout with HTML and CSS first. Not a full PB imitation page or anything, but a basic table layout and maybe a basic div layout (maybe.) After that, we need to know if you plan to do JavaScript for PB or more generally. If for PB... I'd look at some tutorials here that are dedicated at coding for PB. My intro to PB and Scorp's cat splitter ones should do wonders. After that, maybe look at some simple codes like my older codes and use them as a learning method.

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Chris Avatar
My pattern of learning (language wise) went like this: HTML -> CSS -> JS -> PHP -> More JS -> MySQL -> More PHP -> Java. XML and XSL were in the middle somewhere.

You should be able to throw together a basic layout with HTML and CSS first. Not a full PB imitation page or anything, but a basic table layout and maybe a basic div layout (maybe.) After that, we need to know if you plan to do JavaScript for PB or more generally. If for PB... I'd look at some tutorials here that are dedicated at coding for PB. My intro to PB and Scorp's cat splitter ones should do wonders. After that, maybe look at some simple codes like my older codes and use them as a learning method.

That's awesome Chris! I appreciate you typing that out, I will deffinately look into it! Thanks mate :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
If you have any questions on stuff, this board would be the place to ask. :)

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Awesome! :) Within this thread or create a new one?

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Who has time for this stuff anymore? :P Just download FrontPage and Dreamweaver and you'll be set. Oh, and honestly, don't waste your time on CSS. You'll never really need it. Just use tables and font elements to get everything done; save yourself the grief.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Obviously you don't appreciate the fact you need to understand what you're doing, Aaron. :P

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Aaron Avatar
Who has time for this stuff anymore? :P Just download FrontPage and Dreamweaver and you'll be set. Oh, and honestly, don't waste your time on CSS. You'll never really need it. Just use tables and font elements to get everything done; save yourself the grief.

... You're not a developer, are you? :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Benjamin Avatar
Aaron Avatar

... You're not a developer, are you? :P

No, I cut and paste most of what I do. Never really bothered to get the hang of any of it. xp

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
rofl nice aaron..

ah remember the days when tables and iframes etc were all the craze lol.

now i hack them up with a big rusty axe if i see any lmao.

tables can be useful but i'd much prefer a div layout anyday its much more easier to control.

I'm not gonna be much help on the proboards side but if you wish to go the other way as in server side programming (php, ruby on rails, django etc) i could possibly help there...

omg chris i just realised i've nearly hit my 8 year mark as a php programmer XD

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Aaron Avatar
Oh, and honestly, don't waste your time on CSS.
I am shocked and appalled. CSS is my favorite thing to write on websites. >:(
#intj (Mastermind)^

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
I'm not serious. :P

(¯`•DregondRahl•._)

(¯`•DregondRahl•._) Avatar
Remanifesting-Eternal

Dedicated Member

September 2006
pfftt screw you coders! im a freakin Designer! Design FTW!

newBookmarkLockedFalling