Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Minion Fire-san

Minion Fire-san Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2007
I was wondering if any of yall knew of a good site to externally host on. I've considered Ripway, but I've heard that Ripway doesn't do so well with JS. At first I had my codes hosted on Wimg, but it went down once and I had to find a new host in a hurry to get my site back up--sorry, but I need something more stable. Up until yesterday I had them hosted on Hot Link Files--for some reason the site decided to delete all my files, so again the site isn't stable enough for me. I know I'm not going to get a great site to host off of for free and that I'll have to pay for a good one, but I don't see the point in paying for a code hosting site now when PBv5 will be coming out sooner or later and all those codes I would be paying to have hosted would be obsolete.

The reason behind needing to host codes is that I have seven skins up. Personally, I'd love to narrow it down to three or so, but every time I try the members tell me no, they like the variety of skins and the ability to choose between them. But then they go and complain about the load time so I gotta find some way to deal with it. x-x This is the fifth or sixth time I've gone on a massive hunt for a code hosting site and for some reason I just can't find one; took me a seven hours to find Hot Link Files.

I've gotten four hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. Any help would be very, very, very much appriciated.

Edit;; I guess I should add that I'd perfer a site that I can make an account on to store all the files in one location. Not a big deal if that's not an option.

Last Edit: Mar 5, 2009 8:24:29 GMT by Minion Fire-san

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
wImg hasn't been down since November. And when it went down in November, it was rectified within 24 hours... Many people have and do use wImg for hosting JS files.

It was recommended not long ago in another thread in this exact board.... :-/

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Yeah, use wImg, 'tis reliable. Alternatively, i could always host them for you :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'll be honest, wImg is your best bet for a free one. I haven't found a better one. (I also haven't looked nearly as hard however.)

Minion Fire-san

Minion Fire-san Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2007
WImg it is then. Thanks yall.

newBookmarkLockedFalling