Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
So, as most of you DON'T know, I have been since Monday treated for H1N1. Basically, I was lucky because I had an appointment on the day I wasn't feeling so hot because I was having ear problems. Because of this, I didn't experience the true H1N1, but I still had it. :P

But even if I didn't get lucky, I don't think it is as bad as the media claimed. Yes, it is extremely contagious, but I read a lot on online articles how the regular influenza is more likely to be deadly then this. And people (because of the media) are getting paranoid. My doctor told me this year he has been seeing three times more people who generally "healthy".

Who has gotten this? Your thoughts? Are you paranoid, or annoyed on the hype from the media?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I haven't gotten it, but I think it is just blown out of proportion. Really, the common flu has killed more people than Swine since the "outbreak". What's the big deal?

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Josh Avatar
I haven't gotten it, but I think it is just blown out of proportion. Really, the common flu has killed more people than Swine since the "outbreak". What's the big deal?

The big thing that concerns them is the contagious part about it. I do see where they are coming from a tiny bit. If everyone got it, it would be hard to control it. :P But that ain't likely. :P

I forgot to mention, I did some fundraising before going to the doctor (door - to door, about 50 homes). And I had school before that. So I'm sure the 100+ people I was around are having fun :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Wow, jackass. You're responsible for an outbreak of Swine. How does that make you feel? :P

Last Edit: Oct 15, 2009 3:01:49 GMT by Josh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Okay, since apparently this is news to everyone:

The swine flu is NO MORE deadly than the current flu. The reason for the hysteria was that it was a NEW strain of the flu (kinda like getting a new car: it still does the same fucking thing, it's just in a different package) and it was possibly more contagious (okay, so more people are driving this piece of shit car). THAT'S IT.

The only people dying are the extremely young, elderly, and those who don't have access to proper medical care. "The media blew this out of proportion." No SHIT?!

It's not a big deal, folks. If you're healthy enough and financially stable enough to post on this forum, chances are you've got nothing to worry about. Unless we've got a 90 year old Mexican I'm unaware of lurking in the shadows.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar

The swine flu is NO MORE deadly than the current flu. The reason for the hysteria was that it was a NEW strain of the flu (kinda like getting a new car: it still does the same fucking thing, it's just in a different package) and it was possibly more contagious (okay, so more people are driving this piece of shit car). THAT'S IT.

The only people dying are the extremely young, elderly, and those who don't have access to proper medical care. "The media blew this out of proportion." No SHIT?!

It's not a big deal, folks. If you're healthy enough and financially stable enough to post on this forum, chances are you've got nothing to worry about. Unless we've got a 90 year old Mexican I'm unaware of lurking in the shadows.

I've been trying to hide Chris's secret identity, Lucifer. Way to fucking ruin it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I've been trying to hide Chris's secret identity, Lucifer. Way to fucking ruin it.

Mierda! Yo tengo que regresar a Mexico inmediatamente.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

Yeah, because we can ALL read French.

Ass.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Ass.

Basically..

"Shit! I have to go back to Mexico immediately."

Also, Chris, why do you have the 'Yo' there? It seems pointless to me since tener is conjugated :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Benjamin Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Ass.

Basically..

"Shit! I have to go back to Mexico immediately."

Also, Chris, why do you have the 'Yo' there? It seems pointless to me since tener is conjugated :P

Wow. You totally ruined that. ><

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Ass.

...I translated it with the Spanish I knew perfectly fine.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Ass.

'Twas a joke. I figured you would've caught that. :P

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Jim Avatar

I was hoping it'd provoke some sort of insult actually in French. Or Spanish. Or some other language just for the hell of it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I was hoping it'd provoke some sort of insult actually in French. Or Spanish. Or some other language just for the hell of it.

I'm not good with either language. I took a year of Spanish and said, "Fuck that."

newfieldgrafix
I have been officially diagnosed with Influenza A, Virus subtype H1N1. But that's just the common flu right?

I'm so confident that this swine flu is a load of media crap, I'll forgo the usual course of antivirals etc.

newBookmarkLockedFalling