Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
SZ doesn't really count anymore. And PBS hardly ever did.

So hmm... =p

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I really don't care too much about design communities anymore. I wouldn't really like to see a new one, because I just don't have time anymore. I've moved on from design communities, on to bigger and better things. I really don't consider SZ a design community, although I never check those boards anyways.

Though, I certainly have design forums to thank for the work and such that I have today. I've started up two companies since my leave of absence from design communities, and so far both have been fairly successful.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I started out when I was 11. But that was on Charmed fan sites and such. I found SSD shortly after it opened. Joined, but I was simply a lurker up until '05 when I decided to really join in with everything. Crazy_J was actually the one who introduced me to Chris and Joe. In fact, I believe the first words Chris ever heard from me was, "Who the hell is CD?" :D

Yeahhh. Great times back then. I was a member at the original ZD, and then when it moved forum providers (biggest mistake ever), and then it just wasn't the same when it was switched back. Speaking of which, I miss Nick and Thom. And where the fuck has Morgoth been? Jesus eff, I haven't heard from him in forever. Ooh, getting off topic. I do agree with SI seeming detached. I tend to forget about them, even though I love their colorful skin. I do have an account there, but that was only because Stinky made me register and vote in some contest.

The old days were great. But most of us from that time area have grown up and moved on. There's the few of us that still reside here, and elsewhere. But not as many.

Last Edit: Oct 31, 2009 18:42:27 GMT by Kay

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I really do want to see a good graphics forum. It'd be nice. It'd be even cooler to start one, but I lack the design and coding skill to make a skin.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Kay Avatar
Speaking of which, I miss Nick and Thom. And where the fuck has Morgoth been?

OMG ME TOO! :'(

Why won't they come back? :(

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Combo definitely posted here just a few days ago.

And Thom and Morgoth I never got to know (outside their lesser qualities whenever drama arose).

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I miss Morgy. :( And Oliver.

But Combo posts around here every now and again. Just gotta look out for him.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Y'know, weirdly, this topic started when I saw Chris's article on how to gain achievements, the one on getting 5-page-long threads, and I saw that the ZD petition was one of the example 5-page threads, and I kinda thought how much I missed design boards.

So yeah. Sadness.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I know Combo has posted a bit. I just wish he would more. He's such a tease.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Designing communities on ProBoards are steadily dying, in part to PBS and in part to the originals losing interest. When was the last time Peter posted on a PB design forum? WebWorldX/James? I think it's been quite a while. :P I mean, sure they both pop in at PBS from time to time, but that's not really the design forum.

I do miss some of the old communities: Solidsnake, Zanmato, F5, and a few others. They were usually fun, though sometimes I didn't like them.

Luci: I came from Hatake Forum, not SoCal. :P Nice try though.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
WebWorldX/James?

I forgot he even existed.

Oh dats right. Though I do believe you were fairly regular at SoCal before SZ was made, am I right?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
This thread needs more mention of Hatake Forum ;)

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
xD SO

In my mind, the ultimate design board would be on PB software, but not looking like a PB at all.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar
WebWorldX/James?

I forgot he even existed.

Oh dats right. Though I do believe you were fairly regular at SoCal before SZ was made, am I right?

Uhh... I can't even remember anymore. I believe they were pretty much equal on the time line.

Ess Ohh Avatar
This thread needs more mention of Hatake Forum ;)

Yeah buddddyyyyy. :P Caps lock is cruise control for awesome, right?

Quinine Avatar
xD SO

In my mind, the ultimate design board would be on PB software, but not looking like a PB at all.

so, kinda like v2, but with more overhaul? And I guarantee once PBv5 finally gets here that that'll be the case.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Chris Avatar

Quinine Avatar
xD SO

so, kinda like v2, but with more overhaul? And I guarantee once PBv5 finally gets here that that'll be the case.

yeah. hence why I <3 module so much :DD

newBookmarkLockedFalling