Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 5, 2009 12:14:26 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Quinine Avatar
Anyway, finally, does anyone get annoyed when they see a certain admin running forums? Because I remember browsing through various design forums a while back and seeing the same admin running at least three. Also some design forums just don't work well with certain people under them. What makes a design forum win or fail for you?

Actually, I think certain Admins get known for their ways, and there's always a group of people who like whatever rules, whichever Admins run by. I'm pretty easy going, I can just about go by any descent Admin. I don't like the irratic newbie ones though.

What? You mean the ones that panic when they see a lack of activity and so they email all and threaten to delete accounts if people don't get on and start posting, soon. Yeah..., if that's what you mean, then I'm totally guilty of that....

combo

combo Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Lucifer Avatar
I know Combo has posted a bit. I just wish he would more. He's such a tease.

You love a good tease ;)

Oh and Ps: Thom's in training (or could already be in) the military now, so he's rarely on the computer in any form

Last Edit: Nov 5, 2009 22:20:42 GMT by combo
"I'd decapitate him, then shit down his neck"

newfieldgrafix
Aryna Avatar

What? You mean the ones that panic when they see a lack of activity and so they email all and threaten to delete accounts if people don't get on and start posting, soon. Yeah..., if that's what you mean, then I'm totally guilty of that....

Yeah, I hate that. I usually reply: "I'll save you the bother... Since you'er a busy Admin and all..."

I usually get banned before. It amuses me me that some guy thinks that he's one up one me because I AM BANNED! Epic fail.

lurk moar

lurk moar Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
combo Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

You love a good tease ;)

bitchass

i dont ever wanna grow up!

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
combo Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

You love a good tease ;)

Oh and Ps: Thom's in training (or could already be in) the military now, so he's rarely on the computer in any form

Oh, hi there, stranger. -tackles-

combo

combo Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
elpeef, shut it, Mutton.

Kay i'm getting old and my bones are brittle :(...heeeey
"I'd decapitate him, then shit down his neck"

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'm older than you, jerk. So no saying you're old.

Last Edit: Nov 6, 2009 1:52:44 GMT by Kay

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I think we can all establish that I'm the oldest. Ya know, as long as we discount actual age, wisdom, and maturity.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Huh? My age (times -1) means I'm much older than you! IMPOSTER!

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 5, 2009 22:22:02 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Aryna Avatar

Yeah, I hate that. I usually reply: "I'll save you the bother... Since you'er a busy Admin and all..."

I usually get banned before. It amuses me me that some guy thinks that he's one up one me because I AM BANNED! Epic fail.

I generally only start panicking when it's been a month without any activity whatsoever, and then I generally give it a week before I email everyone letting them know that there's a lack of activity, and then when it gets to three months I'll give the warning, back up everything I want from the site, and then just delete the whole site. BEcause, honestly, I figure if it's been three months without any activity whatsoever, then there's nothing you can really do about it, any intervention has probably already been tried, and it's too late for it. It's sad but, whatever..., plus, deleting the entire forum is a whole lot easier than deleting every single member. And then you wonder why I start panicking when I see a lack of activity, my first forum was an aboslute FAILURE[/i][/u]. (It's the one that I had to delete, because it's soo much easier to delete the forum than delete each individual member.)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quinine Avatar
Anyway, finally, does anyone get annoyed when they see a certain admin running forums? Because I remember browsing through various design forums a while back and seeing the same admin running at least three. Also some design forums just don't work well with certain people under them. What makes a design forum win or fail for you?

:P I'm guilty of that. I remember back when I was staff at like 6 design forums at once. That was back when I had time though... yeah, I can barely handle two as is right now.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
#intj (Mastermind)^

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I was never a huge fan of Dx5 to be honest (no real reason), but they always had very clean, sexy skins.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Dx5 may have had a decent design community, I really don't know. But the main attraction (the skins database) was really just a lot of trash. Not being mean or anything; it was just like every other skins database. Just larger. =\ And all the Dx5 "versions" looked the same. I think it was some guy named Blade that designed them? That was actually one of the big arguments in the backroom before they shut down. =p

lurk moar

lurk moar Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
that dx5 skin looks a lot like elite designs lmfao

newBookmarkLockedFalling