Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So I took a five hour energy because I have to get a fair amount of work done tonight. For about five minutes I felt alright (probably placebo), after that I felt incredibly exhausted and it seemed like I crashed without even getting any energy.

Anyone else have experiences with this product?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
A buddy of mine took 2 during finals a couple years ago because he didn't get much sleep.

He was practically convulsing from it. He couldn't stop shaking and couldn't focus on anything.

newfieldgrafix
If you wanna stay up all night, I'll trade you, my insomnia for your night time sleep.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 16, 2009 5:36:50 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
If you wanna stay up all night, I'll trade you, my insomnia for your night time sleep.
The secret to curing continuous insomnia is waking up earlier consistently (not just one night). But hell, I'd trade.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Fuck that shit. Not only did I shake and feel nauseated, but that stuff is nasty.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Kay Avatar
Fuck that shit. Not only did I shake and feel nauseated, but that stuff is nasty.

Why would you have one? You're addicted to Mountain Dew. That in itself is like an energy drink. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I stick to Monster. :P Lots and lots of Monster.

One of my football teammates would drink one before every football game and he never had any issues, but he might have also developed some form of immunity.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
I generally don't do energy drinks, unless it's the crystal light energy packets. LEt's just say, that that's kind of the only energy drink I'm allowed to have, if I have an actual energy drink (not that the crystal light energy packets aren't energy drinks, they are, but..., yeah..., when I say energy drink, I mean the ones that are more well known.), I'm really, really, really hyper, so my friends decided to ban me from all energy drinks. Not that I realy listen to that....

virus™

virus™ Avatar
Are you ready??

Virus Infected
[img src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_right.gif" width=108 height=12 src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_middle.gif"]

October 2009
forget 5 hour energy, its all about red bull. drink a few cans of that and you should be alright :D

virus detected 90% Harmful

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar

One of my football teammates would drink one before every football game and he never had any issues, but he might have also developed some form of immunity.

See Chris? This is why we're friends. You know what's important in life, what's right. In this case, that's Monster.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I've never had an energy drink before. :P I've never had a need for one. If I need to, I can pull an all nighter without any help (other than getting up every half hour or so and splashing some cold water on my face to keep me awake and feeling fresh). Water is more than enough for me to drink. :P

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Aryna Avatar
I generally don't do energy drinks, unless it's the crystal light energy packets. LEt's just say, that that's kind of the only energy drink I'm allowed to have, if I have an actual energy drink (not that the crystal light energy packets aren't energy drinks, they are, but..., yeah..., when I say energy drink, I mean the ones that are more well known.), I'm really, really, really hyper, so my friends decided to ban me from all energy drinks. Not that I realy listen to that....

So you cant have soda either?

*Facepalm* Um, let's see, coke ISN't and ENERGY DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't really listen to them, I only listen to them when I'm around them, since they don't really care if I'm incredibly hyper when they're not around. *Facepalm again and again and again and again and again and again*

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

See Chris? This is why we're friends. You know what's important in life, what's right. In this case, that's Monster.

There's one in my backpack right now so I don't fall asleep in calc recitation later. :P In fact, I always carry one with me. My frat is sponsored by Monster... we take pictures and promote it, they send us 30 crates of Monster a month.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

There's one in my backpack right now so I don't fall asleep in calc recitation later. :P In fact, I always carry one with me. My frat is sponsored by Monster... we take pictures and promote it, they send us 30 crates of Monster a month.

There was a frat around where I live with the same sponsorship. I scored a bunch of free Monster from them.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

There was a frat around where I live with the same sponsorship. I scored a bunch of free Monster from them.

I think it's pretty common. A few more around here are sponsored by Red bull and other energy drinks.

newBookmarkLockedFalling