Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
A few months ago, facebook announced that they were going to be developing a "lite" version of their platform for users with slower connections.

I happen to have an extremely fast connection, however, I'm tired of Facebook's shitty AJAX calls, error messages, and all that other shit.

In my opinion, Facebook Lite, though still in beta, is MUCH better than the normal site.

One of my favorite features of FB Lite is that birthdays appear in the TOP of your news feed, rather than in a place where you can't see them.

The only reason I'd ever switch back to the full site is to play mafia wars. And that's only because I haven't discovered a link to the applications in FB Lite yet.

lite.facebook.com/
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I tried it. It certainly does run way faster. I might have to start using this.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'm giving 'er a go because it is very fast and a lot cleaner (albeit, a bit uglier).

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Benjamin Avatar
I happen to have an extremely fast connection, however, I'm tired of Facebook's shitty AJAX calls, error messages, and all that other shit.

In my opinion, Facebook Lite, though still in beta, is MUCH better than the normal site.

And Lite's any better... how?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006

Benjamin Avatar

still in beta

beta

:P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I love this. It's exactly what I want from Facebook.

By the way, just made this simple little script. All it does is remove the right sidebar, so all you have is the main feed, no ads, nothing else.

@-moz-document domain("lite.facebook.com") {
.LSplitPage_Right {display:none!important;}
}

I applied it using Stylish in Fx, but you should be able to use the Safari style sheet (check the prefs) and I believe Chrome and Opera also have ways to do this.

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
But you still made it seems as if there are no error messages, even in beta. And that one came up as soon as I clicked the link you posted for the first time. :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Kay Avatar
But you still made it seems as if there are no error messages, even in beta. And that one came up as soon as I clicked the link you posted for the first time. :P

Happened to me too, but guess what. Beta means it's new and in progress. No doubt it will have problems.

Do you try to be a complete jackoff or are you really just that far gone?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I don't think he tries. And I am being perfectly honest here.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Quinine Avatar
I don't think he tries. And I am being perfectly honest here.

Yeah, agreed.

xmsteel Avatar
Happened to me too, but guess what. Beta means it's new and in progress. No doubt it will have problems.

Kay knows what beta means. She, unlike most of the population of the world, is not an idiot.

Stop being a fucking douche bag. I'm tired of giving you warnings. Next time is a ban.
Lucifer Avatar

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Uhh, yeah. At 20 years old (far older than you), I think I know what beta means. After all, I've been a beta tester.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Kay Avatar
Uhh, yeah. At 20 years old (far older than you), I think I know what beta means. After all, I've been a beta tester.

I wouldn't consider 4 years far older than me, but alright. Your post just sounded like you expected it to run great. ???

When you have the maturity of a 5 year old, 4 years is alot.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Kay Avatar

I wouldn't consider 4 years far older than me, but alright. Your post just sounded like you expected it to run great. ???

She's 25% older than you. That's quite a bit.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

She's 25% older than you. That's quite a bit.
Not to mention how much happens in those final years that doesn't happen the entire rest of the time.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
Not to mention how much happens in those final years that doesn't happen the entire rest of the time.

20 is considered your final years? Lol.
Stop with the assholish stuff. Sure you could read it that way, but I think that everyone, including you, knew that I meant the years up to 20 that you don't have before then.

Why do you constantly do bullshit like this? I really don't understand it. You know what I meant, you know what everyone means but you pick it apart anyways.

I seriously think that you're just trying to troll everyone. Well congrats, good job, you win. Now move on because everyone is tired of this crap.

newBookmarkLockedFalling