Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Haha, I love this show.

Personally for me I think it's one of the best I've ever come across - it's original, not HSM and not corny. The show manages to incorporate great, intriguing storylines that I hung onto like a leech and the songs, despite being lip-synched (apparently) are amazingly well chosen and performed, and the cast is great at acting and singing.

The characters are well developed and the setting is actually really realistic.

Jane Lynch does a fantastic job.

The finale aired for us Aussies last night (damn slow 'fast-tracking') and it was so satisfyingly awesome, I watched it again this morning >.<

Anyone else have the same enthusiasm for this show as I do?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Nope.

But I know some people who do. Personally, it just seems kind of boring to me. Not the kind of show I'd wanna watch.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I've never even heard of it =/ What's it about?
[/size]
Signature coming~

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glee_(TV_series)

There you are. Wikipedia solves everything.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Yeah, I was actually thinking about that when I posted XD but then I was like "Oh well, too lazy to delete and someone'll just yell at me, link me to something, or explain it outright so whatever." Thanks :)
[/size]
Signature coming~

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I hate it, because they ruined Don't Stop Believing. You don't fuck withe the classics!

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
What?! They most certainly didn't ruin it O.O the old version was not a classic, sure it was the band's signature song, but it wasn't a classic. It only ever peaked at #62 in the UK when it was first released and the only reason it's gained recognition now was because Glee covered it and performed it amazingly >.<

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar
the only reason it's gained recognition now was because Glee covered it and performed it amazingly >.<

Bull. Shit.

Edit: Also, I like how you picked the UK charts for an American band. Not only was it least successful in the UK as opposed to AMERICA, but it was in the top 10 in 1981 when it was released.

Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009 2:18:47 GMT by Lucifer

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Quinine Avatar
What?! They most certainly didn't ruin it O.O the old version was not a classic, sure it was the band's signature song, but it wasn't a classic. It only ever peaked at #62 in the UK when it was first released and the only reason it's gained recognition now was because Glee covered it and performed it amazingly >.<

I can't even believe how dumb this is. Not only is Journey's version a classic, it's better, and Glee ruined it.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Practically no-one had heard of Don't Stop Believin' until Glee covered it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar

Everyone I know knows that song. Like...everyone. Before Glee even existed.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Lucifer Avatar
Quinine Avatar

Shit, really?

Everyone I know IRL both in Australia and in the UK thought that Glee made it O.O

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
That's...... sad..

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Shit, really?

Everyone I know IRL both in Australia and in the UK thought that Glee made it O.O

Two reasons, most likely.

1. Australia and UK are both not America. Nowadays, geographical boundaries mean less than they did in 1981 when the song came out.

2. You're 15. No offense or anything, but it's just an age thing. People my age seem to be more into hard rock/classic rock than kids your age (around here, anyway). Not that we're that far apart in age, but really, it seems like I'm tagged on the very end of a generation that listens to that type of music. Plus, my parents were my age (well, a little older) when that song came out, so guess what kind of music I (and most others my age) grew up listening to because of their parents?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I suspect that the age divide between me and my parents is irregular.

newBookmarkLockedFalling