Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I've realized that most my friends have very strong views on either computer. Some absolutely hate Macs and will only use Windows, and for others it's the other way around. So, which do you prefer? And why?

I hate Macs personally, and the last time I worked with one it almost went out the freakin' window. I only work with Windows. However I've been informed that Mac is far superior, and am now debating on whether or not to switch over and try Macs again (I'm soon going to be saving up for a Laptop, and while originally I was going with a Toshiba Satellite, I might go for a Mac now). Feel free to try and change my mind :P
[/size]
Signature coming~

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I find Macs a lot more intuitive than PCs. I don't hate either; in fact, I embrace both - I have windows installed on my Mac.

I just prefer the way Macs work a lot more.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
Windows all the way. I don't dislike Macs, just that I'm a gamer...

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Macs all the way. :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Benjamin Avatar
I find Macs a lot more intuitive than PCs. I don't hate either; in fact, I embrace both - I have windows installed on my Mac.

I just prefer the way Macs work a lot more.

This.

Though I rage more at windows than macs, mainly because I prefer the unix way of things. (Not that I don't rage at macs sometimes)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Dec 19, 2009 18:49:28 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

^ This. I also tend to find it easier to do my programming with tools on Windows. :P

You forgot Linsucks btw.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar

^ This. I also tend to find it easier to do my programming with tools on Windows. :P

You forgot Linsucks btw.
Don't you dare refer to linux that way.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
Chris Avatar

You forgot Linsucks btw.

Chris likes Linux, he was just going with the flow. :P

I'm an OS X user. Have been for the last two years and, at this moment in time, would never even dream of going back. The window management system fits my workflow better, the dock is much better than the taskbar, programs like Adium and Mail blow their Windows competitors out of the water, and iTunes doesn't suck.

And, for the most part, things just work the way you want them to. Or at least the way I want them to.

Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009 23:11:11 GMT by Josh

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar

You forgot Linsucks btw.

xD Yeah I was thinking about that when I posted it. I just didn't want to delete the post and add it in, though >__> Besides, I'm not familiar with Linux, so I wouldn't think of getting it, and this poll was basically for me to scope out people's feelings on Macs vs. Windows :P

xmsteel Avatar
I like both. And could you please explain why you "hate macs" so much?

Could you please explain why you like both? :P
[/size]

Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 1:14:13 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
Chris Avatar

You forgot Linsucks btw.

I have Linux installed on two machines and will be setting it up on a third so I can run a server while at MIT. :P Come on Eric, you know better than that. I was just being fair.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't like Macs. At all. I grew up with Windows, and my brother works at Microsoft. So I get software discounted/free. I'll always stick with Windows. <3

itunes does too suck. neener.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Kay Avatar

On Windows, yes. On OS X? Hell no. There is a reason that there are no real competitors to it on OS X: It's pretty much perfect.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Kay Avatar
I don't like Macs. At all. I grew up with Windows, and my brother works at Microsoft. So I get software discounted/free. I'll always stick with Windows. <3

This, all the way.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Anything. I want to switch to Linux because Vista is so terribad, but I grew up with Windows and generally enjoy Macs. They all have their pros and cons.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Anything. I want to switch to Linux because Vista is so terribad, but I grew up with Windows and generally enjoy Macs. They all have their pros and cons.

Are you using Vista SP2? It's at least a lot more bearable. :P

I'm currently downloading Windows 7 Enterprise to give it a try. (MIT gives us free OS's. <3 Including OS 10.6, XP, Vista, and 7. :P)

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling