Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Lucifer Avatar
They all have their pros and cons.

Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar

Could you please explain why you like both? :P
[/blockquote][/size][/quote]

So obviously, you have no reason for hating macs?

I like both because neither suck.[/quote]

No, I was being sarcastic. Geeze, dude, it was just a joke ::) And if what you said is true obviously you no real reason as to what you said either :P

I just hate Macs because they annoy me. I was using an older version and that may be why too- it was a laptop provided by the school. Where I was living (in Maine) all schools are provided with free Mac Laptops, but they were older types. Nothing worked the way I wanted it to, and I wasn't given enough time to work everything out and figure the system out. I think my hate of them is due to a lack of experience than out of actually "hating" them. This is why I'm willing to try a newer Mac out. I think I might actually like Macs if I was given one to work with for a while and figure out.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Anything. I want to switch to Linux because Vista is so terribad, but I grew up with Windows and generally enjoy Macs. They all have their pros and cons.

Are you using Vista SP2? It's at least a lot more bearable. :P

I'm currently downloading Windows 7 Enterprise to give it a try. (MIT gives us free OS's. <3 Including OS 10.6, XP, Vista, and 7. :P)

I'll PM you my address. Send me XP. Please?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
xmsteel Avatar

Also, I wouldn't use the term "I hate macs", if you don't have much experience with them. All that means, is that you havent used one.

'Not much experience' with x doesn't mean that one has never used x.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar

No, I was being sarcastic. Geeze, dude, it was just a joke ::) And if what you said is true obviously you no real reason as to what you said either :P

I just hate Macs because they annoy me. I was using an older version and that may be why too- it was a laptop provided by the school. Where I was living (in Maine) all schools are provided with free Mac Laptops, but they were older types. Nothing worked the way I wanted it to, and I wasn't given enough time to work everything out and figure the system out. I think my hate of them is due to a lack of experience than out of actually "hating" them. This is why I'm willing to try a newer Mac out. I think I might actually like Macs if I was given one to work with for a while and figure out.
[/size][/quote]

What reason should I prove to say I like both? Only if I said "I like this better than that" or if I said "I hate this", would there be a reason to explain myself.

Also, I wouldn't use the term "I hate macs", if you don't have much experience with them. All that means, is that you havent used one.
The new macs are a lot better than the older ones. I have used the newest ones (before the huge 27inch screen), and I found it very easy to use.

I suggest using the new ones, THEN you can say which you hate/like better ;)
[/quote]

-shrugs- You could have said why you like them both. Said good things about both, given me an actual idea of the reason behind your answer. That's just like saying "I like both apples and oranges" can't have a reason behind it. You can say you like apples because the tart, sweet flavour appeals to you, but you also like oranges because citris fruits are delicious as well. But, hey, it's not really all that important :P Those are just my thoughts.
[/size]

Quinine Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

'Not much experience' with x doesn't mean that one has never used x.

What he said P:
[/size]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I guess I voted but never replied. :P

I don't like OS X, but I've never been forced to use it either. I suppose I'd find it a great OS if forced to use it and got used to it. :P

As for Vista and XP... XP is obviously a good OS. Vista I've grown used to, despite some flaws. I'll be trying 7 soon and can give input on that then.

Final input: If you want to play games at all, go Windows. Or do a dual boot so you can run both. :P

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
I... don't know..... I've grown up with windows, but have grown to be incredibly annoyed with it, but then again, the only two os's I've had more experience with (not counting like 3 hours on my laptop that has vista) are windows 97' and windows XP, but I really really want to windows 7, and I wouldn't mind trying a mac either. I'd say just go with what your more comfortable with and what fits what you're going to do the most, that's what I'm going to do when I finally get a laptop of my own, although I'm actually probably going to dual boot, because mac's are so much better for graphic design, and I think it'd be kind of cool to have two OS's on the same computer.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
I don't dislike OSX. I don't dislike Macs. I dislike the price tag put on them both. OSX was designed with good intentions, and is superior to Windows in that aspect, however Windows has the software and familiarity OSX lacks. Macs have great build quality but are overpriced for their hardware.
So, I'm a Windows man.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Tobias Avatar
I don't dislike OSX. I don't dislike Macs. I dislike the price tag put on them both. OSX was designed with good intentions, and is superior to Windows in that aspect, however Windows has the software and familiarity OSX lacks. Macs have great build quality but are overpriced for their hardware.
So, I'm a Windows man.

I forgot about price. :P That's a bit thing too.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Aryna Avatar
I'd say just go with what your more comfortable with and what fits what you're going to do the most, that's what I'm going to do when I finally get a laptop of my own, although I'm actually probably going to dual boot, because mac's are so much better for graphic design, and I think it'd be kind of cool to have two OS's on the same computer.

No they're not. There's more available, but they are not better. You can do just as much with a Windows based PC, it's just slightly harder to find good programs for. But 64-bit Adobe loads insanely quickly for me, on par with how quickly it loads on a Mac.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Jim Avatar
Aryna Avatar
I'd say just go with what your more comfortable with and what fits what you're going to do the most, that's what I'm going to do when I finally get a laptop of my own, although I'm actually probably going to dual boot, because mac's are so much better for graphic design, and I think it'd be kind of cool to have two OS's on the same computer.

No they're not. There's more available, but they are not better. You can do just as much with a Windows based PC, it's just slightly harder to find good programs for. But 64-bit Adobe loads insanely quickly for me, on par with how quickly it loads on a Mac.

That's one of the things that always bugged the hell out of me on Windows; Adobe apps would take thirty seconds to load on a decent computer. I switch to Mac and I load the same apps in 2-3 seconds max, and that hasn't gone up at all on my two year old computer, something I thought for sure would happen.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar
Jim Avatar

That's one of the things that always bugged the hell out of me on Windows; Adobe apps would take thirty seconds to load on a decent computer. I switch to Mac and I load the same apps in 2-3 seconds max, and that hasn't gone up at all on my two year old computer, something I thought for sure would happen.

I agree completely, too. I don't know why it takes the 64-bit versions to have such quick loading times.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Jim Avatar
Aryna Avatar

Yeah, will, I heard they were good for graphics, but, then again, the person that told me that is like obsessed with anything apple.....

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Aryna Avatar
Jim Avatar

Yeah, will, I heard they were good for graphics, but, then again, the person that told me that is like obsessed with anything apple.....

They are good, but so are Windows based PCs. Lemming fanboys will tell you otherwise. Macs will do more with less hardware, but the extra you pay for the Mac, you can upgrade the PC to have better hardware to do the same. So...it evens out.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
Aryna Avatar

They are good, but so are Windows based PCs. Lemming fanboys will tell you otherwise. Macs will do more with less hardware, but the extra you pay for the Mac, you can upgrade the PC to have better hardware to do the same. So...it evens out.

What he said.

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling