Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
To be read in the style of a news anchor

With Gordon Brown's worst nightmare approaching, and no way to cancel it and sneak another term, political divisions are at their highest.

Who are you voting for, and why?

That's right, a politics thread - let's have a serious debate.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I vote... none of the above. I have no idea how your political system works. :P Other than the uselessness of the royal family and that your legislative branch is called Parliament (as opposed to Congress). lol

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, that's the view of most English too.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I know what Lib Dem and Conservative is, so I can't exactly vote. Casting aside all knowledge of the candidates (since I have none), I'd vote for whoever is most similar to a libertarian. Or whoever is most unlike an authoritarian if that helps. :P

newfieldgrafix
Yeah it's kind of a British poll.

I was typing a description of the parties, but realized I was being biased, which is what I wanted to avoid when creating this poll.

I'm voting UKIP simply because they'll keep us away from the Euro, they're against Internet censorship, and will get us the hell out of the damned EU.

Did you know that under Labour, you can be evicted from your house by flying our nation's flag?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I vote Labo(u)r!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 20, 2010 0:34:30 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Did you know that under Labour, you can be evicted from your house by flying our nation's flag?

How does that work?

newfieldgrafix
Lucifer Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar

How does that work?

Flying the Union Jack apparently incites racial hatred and alienates our cousins from the Middle East. Frankly it's bull, I know a few Arabic guys that love our country, and would be happy to see the standing flag - but it's the some few...

In a country where you can publicly burn the national flag, but not fly it - is a country you need to leave...

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
and will get us the hell out of the damned EU.

I don't see why that is a good thing.

newfieldgrafix
I know what you mean, Simie, bu considering we currently pay Belgium something like £45M per day, when we could be putting to better use like shelters, NHS, etc. it makes you think.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-federation, the EU is a great concept; just, why does it cost so much?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 20, 2010 6:31:28 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I know what you mean, Simie, bu considering we currently pay Belgium something like £45M per day, when we could be putting to better use like shelters, NHS, etc. it makes you think.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-federation, the EU is a great concept; just, why does it cost so much?

The same reason it costs so much for us to support the failing states of our nation, mainly California and my own Michigan. If one area fails, others are bound to follow suit. It's a domino effect. You need to support the failing parts. You have to.

Just imagine if Belgium splits like it looks like will happen, though. Ten bucks says both portions of it will want that 45 mill

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 20, 2010 6:31:28 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

It costs hardly anything compared the huge amounts of money we spend on things here.
The expenses inquiry cost over £1 million, this cycle path which is only 10 yards long cost £3000.

£45 million is nothing compared to the bank bailouts, and I'm sure we earn back that £45 million from the benefits of the EUs trading policies.

But then again, I don't go in for politics so everything I said could be nonsense :-X

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
The thing with labour is their leader. Brown was an excellent Chancellor of the Exchequer, and spent 10 years proving that. But at the end of the day, he got a free pass as PM, he wasn't elected in the first place. Alistair Darling is his replacement, and he's a crap Chancellor of the Exchequer, just like Brown is a crap PM.

Lib Dems. Clegg.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
At the end of the day, we're all going to have to face something, no matter what each party and leader says about how they're going to cut the budget deficit. Public spending will have to be cut, it's just a matter with all of them of cutting it in areas where it will be least noticed.

Neither Brown, Cameron or Clegg will be able to pull us out of the recession with significant spending cuts. Labour can't be re-elected, they've been in too long and they've helped us get into enough mess as it is.

Cameron is just focusing on his adversaries' weaknesses, not his strength, which really annoys me. The only reason he was so popular for a while before the debate was that people thought he was the only other way of getting rid of Gordon Brown, then Clegg came along.

Clegg performed well and actually his policies sound the best, and if I could vote I'd vote for him purely because the other two are way too big for their boots. At least that's my view on things.
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newfieldgrafix
I know what you mean, Josh, be England is a failing nation. I know it's hard to believe, but outside London, England's a pretty poor country.

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling