Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
D< Come out of your hidey-holes, damn you! I need a job shadow for Economics, and I refuse to shadow somebody who's career I am not interested in. And all of you are "out of town" or "working on a special project" and won't have me.

I think I might have scored at MIT, though ... Haystack told me they'd check it out and get back to me on whether or not they have an opening ... But if that doesn't go through, I have to get either Harvard or UNH to let me in D; Baw. And I don't have much time left to do this in.

... If anybody here goes to MIT, and wants to hook me up with their Physics professor, that'd be cool.

/endpointlessramble
[/size]

Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010 20:03:37 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
xmsteel Avatar
All I heard was "blah blah blah hedgehog blah blah"

Funny, 'cause that's about all I heard out of you too. I think we're having some communication errors. You may want to make your point a little clearer :P
[/size]
Signature coming~

newfieldgrafix
Twerque Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
All I heard was "blah blah blah hedgehog blah blah"

Funny, 'cause that's about all I heard out of you too. I think we're having some communication errors. You may want to make your point a little clearer :P
[/size][/quote]

He's obsessed with hedgehogs right now, and he can't see past your avatar.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 22, 2010 14:31:28 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Twerque Avatar

[/size][/quote]

He's obsessed with hedgehogs right now, and he can't see past your avatar.[/quote]

Oh, well that's fine then P: Hedgehogs are a good obsession to have. They're like cute little balls of love with a face and feet attatched.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Non-hedgehog post.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Tobias Avatar
Non-hedgehog post.

You can change that, ya know. ;)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Tobias Avatar
Non-hedgehog post.

2nd
k

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Astrophysics would be cool.

Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010 16:51:06 GMT by abZebras

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
abZebras Avatar
Astrophysics would be cool.

The first related post in ... how long? :P Bah.

But, yeah. ;D I think it's a pretty cool area of study. Honestly, I can't see myself doing anything else anymore. I've found my calling. And I think I got my foot in at MIT! And if not, my History teacher is taking me to Cambridge to let me meet a very famous russian physicist that's also a friend of his, so I can probably score a job shadow there if all else fails.

But I'm running out of time Dx My teacher wants it done by ... Middle of next month? No later, at all. I don't do this, I DON'T pass the class.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Wow, that deadline kind of sucks. Awhile back, I really wanted to be an astrophysicist (no joke). But, it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Wow, that deadline kind of sucks. Awhile back, I really wanted to be an astrophysicist (no joke). But, it just wasn't in the cards for me.

We've had since beginning of last month =/ But EVERYBODY I talk to has been like "... Eh, well, I sit here and crunch numbers all day, sooo I don't know what you'd get out of that." At this point I don't CARE what I'm sitting around doing all day, I just really need to get this done D;

And really? :D That's cool. What were your areas of study? I'm looking into Black Holes / Supernova.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

We've had since beginning of last month =/ But EVERYBODY I talk to has been like "... Eh, well, I sit here and crunch numbers all day, sooo I don't know what you'd get out of that." At this point I don't CARE what I'm sitting around doing all day, I just really need to get this done D;

And really? :D That's cool. What were your areas of study? I'm looking into Black Holes / Supernova.
[/size][/quote]

I never studied anything. I was just convinced when I was in high school that I would go to college to become an astrophysicist because I love astronomy and physics. I still do and all, but college isn't really right for me right now, and that profession, as interesting as it is, just isn't for me either.

Have you tried contacting some of the people again and being like, "Hey, I know you said it's boring, but I'm not having any luck with anyone else, my deadline is in 2 weeks, and I fucking love couches. Whaddya say?"

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Twerque Avatar

[/size][/quote]

I never studied anything. I was just convinced when I was in high school that I would go to college to become an astrophysicist because I love astronomy and physics. I still do and all, but college isn't really right for me right now, and that profession, as interesting as it is, just isn't for me either.

Have you tried contacting some of the people again and being like, "Hey, I know you said it's boring, but I'm not having any luck with anyone else, my deadline is in 2 weeks, and I fucking love couches. Whaddya say?"[/quote]

Same here, actually P: But I think college will be far better for me than school has been so far. More freedom and the such, to learn how you learn. I love lectures and notes 8-) That's too bad, but at least you know that and are (I'm guessing, at least) comfortable with it :)

I've been considering it, and probably will if Haystack doesn't call me back. But they all seemed pretty dead set on not having me, and I don't want people to get irritated with me XP I'm pretty big on trying not to be a nuisence. But if it comes down to bugging people or my grade, I'm obviously going to start making myself a little more clear on how desperate I am.

EDIT: And sorry, I meant what were your areas of "interest" not "study." It's really late / early here, depending on how you look at it. xD So slip ups do tend to happen.
[/size]

Last Edit: Apr 27, 2010 4:12:03 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I really don't have any specific areas, honestly. Just the idea of space as a whole is interesting to me, whatever it may be.

And I wouldn't worry too much about being a bother. I think they'll understand that you're desperate if you contact them once more. If you KEEP doing it, they might be pissed, but if they really just sit and crunch numbers all day, I can't imagine they're all that upset that someone is interested in them.

As for the college thing, I have never once taken notes in high school (other than when it was required, and I still only did then once), so the whole note taking business ain't my thing. Luckily, I pay attention very well in class, so when teachers lecture, I tend to learn and retain as much as anyone, if not better. I plan on going college (as of now) when I'm done with the Navy, but who knows where life will take me? And if I do, it'll be (hopefully) to become a music engineer, but really anything in the music field would be great.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Just show up in a labcoat and convince the person that someone higher up brought you in.

newBookmarkLockedFalling