Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
So, yeah, I now have a new computer. And thrift stores are officially awesome. I went to one on saturday with my nanna, and they had an older iMac (the copyright on it is 1999), and it was forty bucks, and she agreed that it could be my graduation present. But, yeah, it's older, the os is Mac OS 9.2, but, I don't really care, it still works just fine, and is a lot better then vista. Even if Vista is newer.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

So, yeah, I'm excited. Except, it's at my nanna's, which means I won't get to see it again until the weekend. Sometimes I feel like the kid of divorced parents, even though my parents are definitely not divorced, neither are my grnadparents. (I'm raised by my grandparents, on my dad's side, and my birth parents never married.) But that's what happens when your nanna (great grandmother) live in town, and you visit her every weekend, except for when you actually have a social life over the weekend.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I...could not use that. It just brings back terrible memories of school from when I was younger (my school uses Macs exclusively).

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Yeah, will, I have only have a couple of memories that involve a mac, and, in all of them, the mac was never on. I don't even know when it was from. But, yeah, yesterday was the first time, ever, in my life that I used a mac. And it took my about 15 minutes to figure out where everything was adn how everything was, but that was all. And I absolutely love it. And, no school I've ever gone to has had macs, it's all been pc's. There's a couple classes were mac's would be nice, but, no, my school's too poor for mac's. Sadly. And too poor to upgrade from CS2. Which get's annoying. >.<

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Except that CS2 was amazing.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
....new?

newfieldgrafix
Anybody remember the monochrome Mac? The mouse was similar in shape to a small brick, had a whopping 640*480 screen resolution, complete with 3 BUILT-IN programs and it even had a removable storage drive...

If Windows was Oxygen Mac would be Nitrogen...

The moral of that italicized statement is: Sure, you can do some epic stuff with nitrogen, but we're all dependent on oxygen.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009

*puppy dog eyes* To me.

And, Zell, I know. And..., I agree, but I have my laptop which is windows, so I have both oxygen and nitrogen! And nitrogen would be primarily for fun. ^^

Last Edit: May 3, 2010 0:24:45 GMT by Aryna

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 3, 2010 0:08:21 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Anybody remember the monochrome Mac? The mouse was similar in shape to a small brick, had a whopping 640*480 screen resolution, complete with 3 BUILT-IN programs and it even had a removable storage drive...

I used one in school once. It sucked.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Those make great boat anchors.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar
Those make great boat anchors.

Windows Fanboy.

Yeah, because only Windows fanboys would possibly criticize a Mac that's over a decade old. I have trouble using Windows computers that are 5 years old, let alone an 11 year old Mac (and not even a good one, either).

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Lucifer Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

Windows Fanboy.

Yeah, because only Windows fanboys would possibly criticize a Mac that's over a decade old. I have trouble using Windows computers that are 5 years old, let alone an 11 year old Mac (and not even a good one, either).

Yeah, will, not me. I seem to have a fetish for old(er) computers. My laptop's about 9-11 years old, and then my mac is well, about 11 years old. I don't get it, but, whatever, it saves me money.

newfieldgrafix
Lucifer Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

Windows Fanboy.

We criticize Windows that's over 5 years too. Plus we have Games...

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 4, 2010 14:14:50 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Lucifer Avatar

We criticize Windows that's over 5 years too. Plus we have Games...

I think almost everybody but me criticizes windows that's over 5 yearsm well, actually, I do, but it's just windows, not the actual computer. But then again, I do seem to like things that are older. Like my mac, my laptop, and my..., four, typewriters...., and our 33' dodge coup convertible (which I will be posting pictures of as soon as I find some/take some, I promise. ^^)

newfieldgrafix
Dodge made a 33 foot convertible?

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
xmsteel Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 4, 2010 16:59:53 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Dodge made a 33 foot convertible?

1933... ::)

Thank you Xuxi! (And, that's actually not sarcastic. :)) I meant 1933, not 33 feet. Because I don't think they did.... ^^

Last Edit: May 4, 2010 18:26:33 GMT by Aryna

newBookmarkLockedFalling