Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Anybody here taking their AP exams? If so, what are you taking?

P: I'm a sophomore. But next year, I might take two or three AP exams (I'm studying outside of school- it takes too long to wait to take the AP classes, and I can't take as many as I'd like to). Physics, Calculus, and English would be the exams I'm looking into next year. Then, year after that I'll be taking AP Psych and AP European History and possibly another couple I forgot about already. Bah.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I've never taken an AP exam. School wasn't my strong point. I was a huge slacker. I'd ace tests, but never do homework. I ended up graduating with a GPA hovering around the 2.5 mark. But whatever. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I took Physics C Mechanics and Calculus AB. Would have taken World History as well, but my college didn't take the credit so I dropped it after a semester. Got a 3 on both, I believe. Didn't really matter, though. 27 on the ACT is where it's at. lol

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
I've never taken an AP exam. School wasn't my strong point. I was a huge slacker. I'd ace tests, but never do homework. I ended up graduating with a GPA hovering around the 2.5 mark. But whatever. :P

I am, too, actually xD I just want to slack off in most of my classes, get mediocre grades, then boost my GPA and stuff by taking the AP exams. Besides, I just like to study. Not in school, but on my own time. I like knowing things. So, might as well apply myself to certain realms of study now that I'd just end up learning sooner or later and benefit from it, y'know? :P
[/size]

Josh Avatar
I took Physics C Mechanics and Calculus AB. Would have taken World History as well, but my college didn't take the credit so I dropped it after a semester. Got a 3 on both, I believe. Didn't really matter, though. 27 on the ACT is where it's at. lol

You win. I want the class credit whether or not my college will accept it ... though I should look into that, yeah?
[/size]
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I took about 13 AP exams throughout my high school career. Started college with around 38 credit hours. Definitely worth it.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Chemistry tomorrow
Language & Comp the day after
World History thursday

ahhhhhh

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I've never taken an AP course. But decent grades coupled with a 1520 SAT got me into the college I wanted to get in, so I'm satisfied :P
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
I took about 13 AP exams throughout my high school career. Started college with around 38 credit hours. Definitely worth it.

Yeah, that's what a friend did. He went into the University of Michigan and was done with 3 semesters already.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Josh Avatar
Eric Avatar

Yeah, that's what a friend did. He went into the University of Michigan and was done with 3 semesters already.

O.O Oh, jesus. Seriously? I might consider taking all of the AP exams offered, then. But some Colleges, I hear, won't accept more than, say, three.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Twerque Avatar
Josh Avatar

O.O Oh, jesus. Seriously? I might consider taking all of the AP exams offered, then. But some Colleges, I hear, won't accept more than, say, three.
[/size][/quote]

Never heard that. Don't take AP Exams for AP classes you didn't take. You won't pass them. Period. They are not easy to do. You'll just waist the $90 or whatever it costs to take each one.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
oafuyuadkuygawd

Chem should have been so much easier, but i suppose I did alright-ish.

Next two days are much more writing-intensive ahhhhh

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
Twerque Avatar

[/size][/quote]

Never heard that. Don't take AP Exams for AP classes you didn't take. You won't pass them. Period. They are not easy to do. You'll just waist the $90 or whatever it costs to take each one.[/quote]That's not entirely true, I took 2 AP exams that I hadn't taken classes for and passed both. I just bought the review for each and went through it about a week before. For the large part though, yeah, don't do it unless you have really high confidence in yourself.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
Josh Avatar

Never heard that. Don't take AP Exams for AP classes you didn't take. You won't pass them. Period. They are not easy to do. You'll just waist the $90 or whatever it costs to take each one.
That's not entirely true, I took 2 AP exams that I hadn't taken classes for and passed both. I just bought the review for each and went through it about a week before. For the large part though, yeah, don't do it unless you have really high confidence in yourself.

You could probably do it with English. Not sure what else. Too much to know in the history classes. Physics and Calc? Yeah, good luck. Psych, fat chance. I can't remember what else there is. lol

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Never took any when i was in school but then again i was never much for school stuff anyways

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Just finished my exams, I do habeeb.

newBookmarkLockedFalling