Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
SO, I love Pokemon. A lot. And I really can't wait for the new versions to come out, though this does lead me to believe that the creators of Pokemon are really just promoting closet racism, and perhaps coming out of the closet themselves.

www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Horizons/2010/0409/Pokemon-Black-and-White-What-we-know-so-far

Looks pretty sweet to me. BUT you never know =/ We'll see, I guess. I don't think I'll like the 3D-ness of it all, but I'm an original-pokemon fangirl xD I think they just got worse in all respects after Crystal =/

What d'you guys think? As psyched as I am? 8D
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I hope you're joking about the racism part. My friend keeps thinking they're going to change the name for the US version because of that exact reason. Uptight liberals are gonna get all pissy over a reference to colors and make some shitty connection to racism with it.

That being said, I'm not too excited. We just had 2 new installments (well, one was a remake) and I don't think this is necessary any time soon. Plus, I hate how the town is 3D now. I enjoyed the sprite designs from before.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I was kidding xD it's been a running joke I've kept making. No, not serious at all, dude. Same 38 I hate the whole 3D thing. I wish they'd keep it simple. I like the colours and stuff, but they need to keep it old school, yo. Y'know?
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yeah. I always liked that about the newest games. The environments were slightly 3D, but still looked like sprites and not fully rendered towns and whatnot. I wish they'd focus on just sharpening that up instead of taking the leap to the next thing.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Twerque Avatar
SO, I love Pokemon. A lot.
[/size][/quote]

I want to hug you.

EDIT: I actually read the rest of the thread and I have to agree that the 3D environment is gonna suck. D: Also has anyone else noticed the interesting surname of that article's author?

Last Edit: May 12, 2010 5:27:00 GMT by Quinine

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I miss playing these games. Perhaps if this looks good enough, I will get myself a second hand DS to play one or both of them. lol

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005

I'll just leave this here...

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
If those are the starters, the green one is the only cool looking one.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
We were talking about this at dinner... how much you want to bet that the white version sells more than the black version, perhaps for the obvious reason?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar

I think he looks kinda dumb to be honest. They all do, but I don't like the green one the most. The fire type will likely have the coolest 3rd form, though.

Josh Avatar
We were talking about this at dinner... how much you want to bet that the white version sells more than the black version, perhaps for the obvious reason?

I really don't think it will because no one cares about that racist bullshit. Personally, I'd rather get black version.

Last Edit: May 13, 2010 0:23:00 GMT by Lucifer

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar

The black version will totally sell more. Black is a more popular color, especially in automotive sales.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Quinine Avatar

Yeah

If the grass pokemon ends up being the coolest starter, the series is altogether headed to the toilet.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Pokemon still exists? That's a shocker. :o

richardgary1223
what generation is this? :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Meh, if those are the starters I certainly won't play it. I don't even know how they can continue this series. In the last one, one pokemon created the universe (or the galaxy or earth or some crap like that), one controlled time, one controlled space, and one controlled time and space. How much more legendary than that can you get? I think they've tapped out the legend supply.

Also, any pokemon game is a joke unless you play it in hard mode:
thegamerzzone.com/2010/04/03/pokemon-hard-mode-a-challenger-appears/

newBookmarkLockedFalling