Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Oh, Scantron, how I loath you. Does anybody else have to do these? I'm doing one for math now and just finished, hence why I'm on here at this time of day P:

Also, I think this test is ridiculous. I'm above averedge apparently, for math. Far above.

Gee, that's nice. Wish I could pass Algebra 1! -.- These tests are useless as far as I'm concerned. Students like myself who are good in certain areas but don't excell in school because they have different methods of learning that don't always correspond with the cirriculum are always going to throw a curve ball and mess everything up.

They only good part is that they waste a whole hell of a lot of time and I get time to screw off (come on here and the like) AND write... and do homework that I didn't do last night because I'm lazy x3
[/size]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Scantrons always were annoying. :P But thankfully, I never had to do them outside of standardized tests.

As far as learning methods... yeah, get used to it. =/ It doesn't even change at MIT. We have something called TEAL, which is how 8.01 (Newtonian Mechanics Physics) and 8.02 (E&M Physics), two mandatory classes, are taught. TEAL (Technology Enabled Active Learning) is, in my opinion, worthless as a teaching method. You get 7-8 different professors all teaching different sections in different ways, but wait, it gets better. Half of them are technology inept... the first letter in TEAL is Technology. I see an issue there. Oh well, my rant isn't really appropriate here. My point is, I went to class and read the book, because it was more effective than paying attention to my teachers... if I was in a lecture-based teaching, I'd be fine. :P

schooldesigns.com/Project-Details.aspx?Project_ID=1821

You can read more about TEAL there/see pictures of the classroom if you want.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Scantrons always were annoying. :P But thankfully, I never had to do them outside of standardized tests.

As far as learning methods... yeah, get used to it. =/ It doesn't even change at MIT. We have something called TEAL, which is how 8.01 (Newtonian Mechanics Physics) and 8.02 (E&M Physics), two mandatory classes, are taught. TEAL (Technology Enabled Active Learning) is, in my opinion, worthless as a teaching method. You get 7-8 different professors all teaching different sections in different ways, but wait, it gets better. Half of them are technology inept... the first letter in TEAL is Technology. I see an issue there. Oh well, my rant isn't really appropriate here. My point is, I went to class and read the book, because it was more effective than paying attention to my teachers... if I was in a lecture-based teaching, I'd be fine. :P

schooldesigns.com/Project-Details.aspx?Project_ID=1821

You can read more about TEAL there/see pictures of the classroom if you want.

Are you serious? x__x Oh, dear god, no. NO. That would kill me. They give you a book, though ... That's good. I'd do the same- teach myself out of the book and ignore the professors P: I learn far better that way.

Are your screens projected onto the white screens? o.o I'm so self-conscious about doing school work. I'd screw up everything if that were the case because I'd be so nervous.

Also, at least they give you books x__x they don't give us book. We don't need them or some shit. I want my book >:| I'd actually be able to keep a straight A+ throughout the entire course.
[/size]

Last Edit: May 25, 2010 20:06:22 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yep, TEAL is the death of me. You have to buy the book, you don't just get it. And every white board can be broadcasted onto the screens by hitting a button below them. :P Besides powerpoints, it's how the professors do notes.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Yep, TEAL is the death of me. You have to buy the book, you don't just get it. And every white board can be broadcasted onto the screens by hitting a button below them. :P Besides powerpoints, it's how the professors do notes.

I momentarily forgot up there that I was talking to a college student, hence why I was like "They give you books D;"

I'm sorry ): That's freakin' awful.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
If you want, you could dismantle the classroom and send it to me. I would not mind that. :P And then they wouldn't be able to give you the class. :D And I would have an awesome looking bedroom. lol

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh: The room is alarmed. :P So give me a week, after I get back.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
xmsteel Avatar
I just finished both. I hate them.

Both? You have more than one? Do you mean the reading and writing ones, too?
[/size]
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar

A week to get around an alarm? You're an MIT student, I would expect better. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Chris Avatar

A week to get around an alarm? You're an MIT student, I would expect better. :P

well, I mean, to dissect that room? and during two-a-day practices for football?

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Scantrons blow, especially if its one that has little rectangles you fill in, as opposed to circles that you bubble in.
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Neversoft Avatar
Scantrons blow, especially if its one that has little rectangles you fill in, as opposed to circles that you bubble in.

We do them on the computer, on Edperformance.com or something.
[/size]
Signature coming~

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Nearly all our tests are scantron format.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Hi. I'm Australian.

kthxbai

For us, the only scantron tests in high school (and the university I'm planning on going to, as far as I can tell) are the NAPLAN, once every 2 years.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
I personally love scantrons. Means everything's multiple choice. Plus I'm a great test taker to begin with. Pretty sure scantrons are the reason I passed high school since I was too lazy to do the other work anyway.
#intj (Mastermind)^

newBookmarkLockedFalling