Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Any thoughts? Anyone know when the release date was? I'm thinking it was probably today, because I swear just yesterday I was on the apple site and it gave no indication.

It looks so nice though. ANd it has a touchscreen, not as many features as the ipod touch, but, still enough for me.

www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Was released yesterday.

I'd rather have a touch though, did anyone see the "Epic Citadel" demo? It was awesome!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I honestly think their interface sucks on the new Nano. I can understand why they did it, but having to find somewhere that is not actively being used to go back a page? Yeah, right. They really should have added a physical button (GASP! Apple hates buttons) that allowed the user to go back a page or hold down to go back to the home screen. Would have made so much more sense.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
It costs as much as a Zune HD. I can't understand how Apple decides its pricing.
#intj (Mastermind)^

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Tobias Avatar
It costs as much as a Zune HD. I can't understand how Apple decides its pricing.

They're apple. And because of that, they can price it considerably higher and people won't give it two glances.

Nanos keep getting considerably weirder.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
I hate this.

I JUST BOUGHT a ipod touch a month ago. WTF APPLE

If it was under 30 days before yesterday, they'll usually exchange it and just charge you a $15 restocking fee.

And, really, you're the stupid one here. Apple has released new iPods every September for 6-7 years now. EVERY September

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
I hate this.

I JUST BOUGHT a ipod touch a month ago. WTF APPLE

If it was under 30 days before yesterday, they'll usually exchange it and just charge you a $15 restocking fee.

And, really, you're the stupid one here. Apple has released new iPods every September for 6-7 years now. EVERY September

Exactly. Thus the reason when I couldn't find when it was released I went, oh, wait, it was yesterday, because yesterday was september 1. I'm kind of wanting it.... but I'm not entirely sure, because, like Tobias said, the Zune HD does cost less. I'm probably going to wait till christmas though, and just get it then. MAybe..., we'll see.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Problem 1.) I can't find the receipt.
Problem 2.) The store is 250+ miles away from me. I was out of town at that time.
Problem 3.) FML.

1) That's why you get a folder to keep all receipts, or a bulletin board, something like that.
2) I'm pretty sure you don't have to go to the same store to return it. As long as you have the reciept you should be good.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Apple emails you receipts, dude...

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Well, it looks like the already limited gaming support has been cut out totally.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
Apple emails you receipts, dude...

Not when you dont give them your email address... :|

I'm going to quote myself here.

Josh Avatar

And, really, you're the stupid one here.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
On that note... is a touchscreen Nano really worth it though? :P Also, did they announce this ahead of time? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
On that note... is a touchscreen Nano really worth it though? :P Also, did they announce this ahead of time? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

They announced it at the Keynote, like every other new product to ever come out of Apple.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I guess I just didn't hear about it then. :P I don't watch the Keynote. I expect you to tell me all the important news.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
I guess I just didn't hear about it then. :P I don't watch the Keynote. I expect you to tell me all the important news.

This was one of the most yawn worthy keynotes in recent memory. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling