Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
DAhklfajflaja. I'm so done with my high school. You have no idea.

So, I get marked absent a lot in classes. I don't know why. I show up, sit in the front of the class, answer questions, talk to teh teacher, etc. It just happens. It happens to a lot of people, in fact- it's not just me. In this instance, I was doing yearbook pictures for Robotics so I showed up to Astronomy with ten minutes left. My teacher mumbled something about changing attendence later, and I knew she wouldn't, so the pink slip in the morning today wasn't a suprise. I just thought I'd get it signed and turn it in at lunch time, since going to the office would only end in them telling me to do exactly that. I do that all the time, since I get them so often.

Now, you have to understand, I go to school on basically a campus- a really big one. All of my morning classes are on one side, and my office is on the other. Going in the morning when they told me to would have caused me to miss fifteen to twenty minutes of class- that's something I just can't do, as I missed a lot with the wisdom teeth and all and am trying to get back on track. So I went with the plan above. Sitting in French, the period before lunch [I'm in lunch now, so this was last period], I got called down to the office.

And they threw a hissyfit.

I walked in and was like "Hey, how are you? Sorry I didn't come erlier, was coming next per-" And the attendence secretary cut me off wtih "I don't even watn to hear it. We've been over this so many times before, etc." Going on about how it should have been a saturday detention but she's putting it in as a warning for failure to comply and report, and next time it would result in an ISS [in-school support system, but it's really just an in school suspension]. Uhm, alright. But I have no fucking idea WHAT she's talking about because they have NEVER raised such a fuss about me bringing it by when I'm at that side of the school before. It's absolutely ridiculous! What? Is it better for me to be missing half of a fucking class? And it's not like I'm a bad student, or a bad person in general. I'm polite, and I never step out of line on purpose. So why do they insist on demonizing me? I mean, really? Again, they've never so much as said a word about it before, so why the hell are they attacking me now?

I'm just so goddamn sick of this school. If it's not one thing, it's another with them. Everybody agrees. I'm the first to put my hands up and say when I've done something wrong, but I really don't think I've done anything wrong. My friends do the same thing with these slips. Is it just me, or is this absolutely ridiculous of them?

Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It's just high school. What can they really do to you for being late/absent? Tell them to shut the fuck up.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
It's just high school. What can they really do to you for being late/absent? Tell them to shut the fuck up.

She's only a junior. They could easily fuck her over.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Talk to the person and ask why you got yelled at this time as opposed to past times. :P Honestly, being calm and collected, and polite, while asking a question usually gets you a fair answer and explanation.

But yeah, it's BS. It's also high school where they have to be super strict. (<3 college)

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, not going to lie, college is great. They don't give a rat's ass what you do so long as you pay tuition.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Talk to the person and ask why you got yelled at this time as opposed to past times. :P Honestly, being calm and collected, and polite, while asking a question usually gets you a fair answer and explanation.

But yeah, it's BS. It's also high school where they have to be super strict. (<3 college)

That's the thing :/ I'm always incredibly polite with them. I've always had a "yes m'am, no m'am" type of attitude with authority figures- especially at school. At my old school, they loved me. Couldn't get enough of me. Here they demonize me at every possible chance. And to be honest, I'm a tad intimidated. If she acted like that when I was being perfectly polite and collected, and keeping mouth shut and head down and accepting her treatment, what is she going to do when I question her authority?

And I hate all of you college kids. >>; It wasn't being late that I was yelled at for ,though. Normally you're supposed to go turn in a pink slip and get it settled at 8:00. I didn't want to miss half of Chemistry to do this, so I just decided to get it signed C period (3rd) then go turn it in F period (6th). Apparantly this time they had an issue with it. o.O The pink slip itself was for tardiness, but I wasn't in trouble for that- it was not showing up at the specified time. But they've never had an issue before with it, and I thought they'd understand me not wanting to miss half a class for it.

Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 19:41:28 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Considering the fact that I'm always that nice, even when I've done absolutely nothing wrong with is 98% of the time, and I never ask them for any favors, both of those reasons are taken out. They have no reason to think that.
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I'm going to school for the military. I WISH shit was as good as what Torque is going through.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

I'm going to school for the military. I WISH shit was as good as what Torque is going through.

This.

Torque: Did you try explaining that to them? :P It might make more sense and get you out of trouble, or they'll say they want you in promptly at 8. Either way, it resolves the conflict for future occurrences.

Last Edit: Nov 30, 2010 7:50:07 GMT by Chris

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Yeah, and you don't post on the forums acting like its terrible either. ;)

Weren't you the one who made like 8 threads in one week complaining about cars and computers?

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

Yeah, but you chose that :P It's a tad different. I have to grin and bear this no matter what- you could choose a different path, realistictly. I know what you're going through. Both of my brothers, my father, my step-dad [ish. my sister's dad, but I consider him my "step dad" kind of], and my mother [most of my family, actually] all were in the military.

Also, Chris, I would have if I thought she wouldn't have murdered me xP she cut me off every time I tried to explain so I just laid back and took it. Next time I get one I'll go down there and complain about missing Chem, and they'll prolly tell me to come down during lunch from then on.

Last Edit: Nov 30, 2010 22:51:08 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Weren't you the one who made like 8 threads in one week complaining about cars and computers?

What does that have to do anything with luci not posting about his troubles?

Because you did it to take a swing at Torque for posting her troubles when you bombarded the CC for a week or two with nothing but car threads. Essentially: I'm calling you a hypocrite to the nth degree.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Yeah, but you chose that :P It's a tad different. I have to grin and bear this no matter what- you could choose a different path, realistictly. I know what you're going through. Both of my brothers, my father, my step-dad [ish. my sister's dad, but I consider him my "step dad" kind of], and my mother [most of my family, actually] all were in the military.

Yes, technically I chose it, but my options were fairly limited and the military was really the only one that didn't seem like it'd result in failure.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Because you did it to take a swing at Torque for posting her troubles when you bombarded the CC for a week or two with nothing but car threads. Essentially: I'm calling you a hypocrite to the nth degree.

Of course I'm a hypocrite. I'm one of the biggest hypocrites you've probably ever met. But at least I'm honest. About 95% of stuff I say on this forum, unless I'm being sarcastic. This fits into the 95%.

What does honesty have to do with it? You have called her out more than once for ranting on the forums when that is, essentially, the only thing you do as well. That'd be like Bill Clinton exposing an affair that Obama is having. It doesn't work that way.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

What does honesty have to do with it? You have called her out more than once for ranting on the forums when that is, essentially, the only thing you do as well. That'd be like Bill Clinton exposing an affair that Obama is having. It doesn't work that way.

Obama is having an affair?

He didn't mean it literally. It was a figurative expression. :-/

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

newBookmarkLockedFalling