Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
fedupwithschoollunch.blogspot.com

Not sure how many of you have seen this, but I found it fascinating. Really gave me an insight to what you Americans eat when in school. ;)

It seems pretty creepy though. Anyone care to share what you ate when you were schooling?

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
I always brought my own lunch. School lunch was gross.

Then your school sucked.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Our school lunches have been gradually declining into suck tier.

This year, they have reached it. Especially after dropping the only lunch meal that had ever gotten us 'full,' which had been a sort of a tradition (once a month, always a wednesday).

We gon' rage.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
In Australia, we don't get fed by our schools (which seems to be a good thing). In fact, at the school I attend, we're allowed to walk into the central business district and buy food from Thai restaurants, sushi bars, Mexican places or even fast food places if we like.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
My school is private, and therefore has very good food ;]
Signature coming~

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Our food was pretty shitty, but the food on that site looks even shittier.

Then again, for $2, you cant expect to get much of anything.
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Allan

Allan Avatar
It's All Good

Dedicated Member

March 2006
my school lunches were so bad i used to wak acorss to the street to the police station and by things from the vending machines lol
trying to think of what to make

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar
My school is private, and therefore has very good food ;]

why would you go to a private school? what a waste of money

For a better education. It's far from a waste of money, it's a damn good use of money if you can afford it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

why would you go to a private school? what a waste of money

For a better education. It's far from a waste of money, it's a damn good use of money if you can afford it.

I think what he was saying was that, knowing Torque like we do, it was clearly a waste of money.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Jim Avatar

I think what he was saying was that, knowing Torque like we do, it was clearly a waste of money.
\

I don't pay for my education, actually.

And my tits have nothing to do with this. Leave them out of this! D'8

Signature coming~

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar
\

I don't pay for my education, actually.

And my tits have nothing to do with this. Leave them out of this! D'8

Somebody in your family does, obviously. If you don't pay, you don't go to a private school.

It's called a scholarship, idiot.

Also, it's actually a "semi-private" school ... Don't really know how to explain it. A couple towns get to attend because of jacked up taxes, but some other people pay to go there. I live in a town that gets to go there because of high as hell taxes. So I don't really pay for my schooling. Most of the stuff they have is still styled after the "private school" they used to be, so the lunches are preeeetty good

Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 23:50:26 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

Somebody in your family does, obviously. If you don't pay, you don't go to a private school.

Actually, considering I've never heard of a scholarship for a high school and clearly would not assume you have one, I'm gonna side with Xuzi and call you the idiot for thinking anybody would think that you have one.

Maybe next time you shouldn't lash out at people for making perfectly valid observations, especially when you know that your situation is more or less rare.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Twerque Avatar

Actually, considering I've never heard of a scholarship for a high school and clearly would not assume you have one, I'm gonna side with Xuzi and call you the idiot for thinking anybody would think that you have one.

Maybe next time you shouldn't lash out at people for making perfectly valid observations, especially when you know that your situation is more or less rare.

Financial aid, rather, I suppose. My school does admit people from a couple other towns for free, only one or two per town, for academic achievement- so, while it's not called a "scholarship", it's the same idea.

And my situation isn't so "rare." I know of three other schools in my general area, one of which a friend of mine goes to, which have the same policies and are run the same way.

Last Edit: Dec 12, 2010 17:25:40 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Financial aid, rather, I suppose. My school does admit people from a couple other towns for free, only one or two per town, for academic achievement- so, while it's not called a "scholarship", it's the same idea.

And my situation isn't so "rare." I know of three other schools in my general area, one of which a friend of mine goes to, which have the same policies and are run the same way.

Well considering financial aid is entirely different than a scholarship, that changes things. But it's still retarded to think anyone would just assume you're getting financial aid to go to a private school, especially when it's not really a private school. I mean really, you've yet to post any consistent information. You change your story with every post. Just admit that no matter how much you don't like Xuzi, he was completely justified in his assumption. I was thinking the same exact thing and was going to point out the same exact thing, and excluding anyone who might be familiar with your situation, I'm sure everyone else was thinking the same thing.

And it is "more or less rare" because the majority of students in the US don't use financial aid. It's not unheard of. I went to a "poor" school, so I knew tons of kids who had it (like for free/discounted lunches), but they were still a huge minority.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
I've never heard of private schools that accept anyone for free, if you are too poor, you don't go. At least, thats what I remember. I guess times have changed it the passed 5 years.

As she said, it's not a private school any longer. It used to be and still has a lot of the high standards it used to. Or something like that. I don't understand what she's trying to explain, either.

Last Edit: Dec 12, 2010 23:26:06 GMT by Lucifer

newBookmarkLockedFalling