Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

As she said, it's not a private school any longer. It used to be and still has a lot of the high standards it used to. Or something like that. I don't understand what she's trying to explain, either.

So why would you call it a private school in the first place, if its not. So people think your cool, or?

I don't understand it, so I don't know.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Well considering financial aid is entirely different than a scholarship, that changes things. But it's still retarded to think anyone would just assume you're getting financial aid to go to a private school, especially when it's not really a private school. I mean really, you've yet to post any consistent information. You change your story with every post. Just admit that no matter how much you don't like Xuzi, he was completely justified in his assumption. I was thinking the same exact thing and was going to point out the same exact thing, and excluding anyone who might be familiar with your situation, I'm sure everyone else was thinking the same thing.

And it is "more or less rare" because the majority of students in the US don't use financial aid. It's not unheard of. I went to a "poor" school, so I knew tons of kids who had it (like for free/discounted lunches), but they were still a huge minority.

Scholarships are still a form of financial aid.

I'm a tad surprised that none of you have heard of semi-private schools, before. They aren't that rare. I'm also surprised that none of you have heard of scholarships for high school before. Not so common in public schools, but not that uncommon with [semi-]private schools.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Well considering financial aid is entirely different than a scholarship, that changes things. But it's still retarded to think anyone would just assume you're getting financial aid to go to a private school, especially when it's not really a private school. I mean really, you've yet to post any consistent information. You change your story with every post. Just admit that no matter how much you don't like Xuzi, he was completely justified in his assumption. I was thinking the same exact thing and was going to point out the same exact thing, and excluding anyone who might be familiar with your situation, I'm sure everyone else was thinking the same thing.

And it is "more or less rare" because the majority of students in the US don't use financial aid. It's not unheard of. I went to a "poor" school, so I knew tons of kids who had it (like for free/discounted lunches), but they were still a huge minority.

I'm a tad surprised that none of you have heard of semi-private schools, before. They aren't that rare. I'm also surprised that none of you have heard of scholarships for high school before. Not so common in public schools, but not that uncommon with [semi-]private schools.

I don't think there's a semi-private school, let alone a private school, any reasonable distance from where I grew up. So yeah, a scholarship to high school is a fairly strange concept to me.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Jim Avatar

I don't think there's a semi-private school, let alone a private school, any reasonable distance from where I grew up. So yeah, a scholarship to high school is a fairly strange concept to me.

Before you call me out for being "inconsistant" with my story, I suggest you do some research. I may refer to my school as "semi-private" or private, or just leave out mentioning it's status in that way. It depends on how I'm looking at it, honestly, and what type of policies it has in that situation. At the end of the day, though, it's what you would consider to be "semi-private."

The only thing I have to say to Xuzi is thank you for de-railing yet another topic with your thoughtless comments. Typing something quickly into google and figuring out that I'm obviously not a liar would have saved everybody a lot of time.

Last Edit: Dec 13, 2010 17:07:40 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar

Before you call me out for being "inconsistant" with my story, I suggest you do some research. I may refer to my school as "semi-private" or private, or just leave out mentioning it's status in that way. It depends on how I'm looking at it, honestly, and what type of policies it has in that situation. At the end of the day, though, it's what you would consider to be "semi-private."

The only thing I have to say to Xuzi is thank you for de-railing yet another topic with your thoughtless comments. Typing something quickly into google and figuring out that I'm obviously not a liar would have saved everybody a lot of time.

I like how you blame me instead of lucifer. Awesome.

Could have been because you started it

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I love how people get so worked up over conversation progression. It's not like we could really talk about school lunch for that long.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Simie Avatar

(of course, the 2,000 other members hate me too)

If you think that I don't know why you stay

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Simie Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
Simie Avatar

(of course, the 2,000 other members hate me too)

If you think that I don't know why you stay

Because he's a troll. He ADMITTED to me the only reason he stays is because he's a troll. For some ungodly reason he doesn't understand that he's not a real "troll"; he doesn't make people angry. He only annoys them.

Anyways. I snapped at Luci for calling me out on something that I wasn't wrong about, too, so shut it, Xuzi.

Eric Avatar
I love how people get so worked up over conversation progression. It's not like we could really talk about school lunch for that long.

Not really that "worked up" about it, honestly. I derail a lot of shit myself, but when I do it it's because I'm honestly interested in asking about something, or having a conversation. Not because I'm a troll.

Signature coming~

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I'm pretty sure there's a post not so far back in which you basically admitted to only being here to troll.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
I have the entire conversation we had saved, Xuzi. So don't even. Besides- who are people going to believe? Who's more credible? Why would I lie, what would that gain me? Nothing, really.
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I don't mind Xuzi most of the time. And every now and then he has something worthwhile to say.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Eric Avatar
I don't mind Xuzi most of the time. And every now and then he has something worthwhile to say.

Not all of us have crazy restraint like you do. :P

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
That's the thing. I never get "mad." You can think that all you want, but I don't. You can ask Jim, and even Josh, I think. Both of them, I'm fairly certian, have seen me angry. You annoy me, yes, and I get snappish because of that, but you've never seen me anywhere near being angry. It's not a pretty sight.

Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010 4:54:33 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar
That's the thing. I never get "mad." You can think that all you want, but I don't. You can ask Jim, and even Josh, I think. Both of them, I'm fairly certian, have seen me angry. You annoy me, yes, and I get snappish because of that, but you've never seen me anywhere near being angry. It's not a pretty sight.

Excuse my french, but you sure are bitchy for not getting angry. You are just mean to me most of the time.
Wait, "bitchy" is French?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar

Annnd here comes the internet tough guy bullshit. "Y'all haven't seen me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."

Grow the fuck up, both of you. Yeah, the topic got derailed, but with good reason. There was quite obviously a lot of confusion about the nature of your school. But now y'all are just pissing and moaning about who hates who and who's angry and who's just annoyed and what-the-fuck-ever.

At the end of the day, both of you are acting like fucking children. Only Torque is moreso because she seems to have some sort of superiority complex. I don't know if she feels entitled to some sort of SZ royalty because she's friends with James and Josh or if she thinks she can be a bitch just because she's arguing with Xuzi who isn't really anyone's favorite. Or maybe it's mysterious option C, but for every stupid thing Xuzi says (call it trolling if you will), Torque is there to feed the fire because she has the self-control of a fucking kitten.

Learn when to shut the fuck up and move on. It'll do you a lot of good later in life.

newBookmarkLockedFalling