Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Any idea how, though? I've never heard of such a technology being developed outside of the odd university making strides toward hologram tech, but even that is mostly done with a grid of LEDs (or similar) that are turned on or off in order to create an image with the light

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Any idea how, though? I've never heard of such a technology being developed outside of the odd university making strides toward hologram tech, but even that is mostly done with a grid of LEDs (or similar) that are turned on or off in order to create an image with the light

I would imagine just adjusting the sensitivity of the projector would help, as well as a slightly tinted monitor to better hold the picture.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

I would imagine just adjusting the sensitivity of the projector would help, as well as a slightly tinted monitor to better hold the picture.

That definitely sounds on the right track.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I still think you would run into refraction issues. The glass would have to be thicker than your average screen is to get it to work. Unless the projector is coming from exactly eye level, there will be a double image.

That said... could we use fiber optics? Or something similar? Not sure how you could make a screen using it, but the technique could do away with the need for a traditional projector.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Fuck Samsung. They just had to go and prove me wrong.
www.engadget.com/2011/03/07/samsung-demos-ambient-light-powered-transparent-lcd/

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Xuzi: In terms of companies, probably. I'm willing to bet Carnegie-Melon, Caltech, or MIT is better in terms of development though.

newBookmarkLockedFalling