Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The other topic was way too disorganized, and a bit long. :P So I went ahead and reorganized, and made this new one. A few updates that I've decided since the last one.

1. Nate is still part of the team and is working on this with me.
2. It will be completely coded in JavaScript.
3. New features have been added to the list, and now you get an explanation of each menu.
4. That's it for now. :P

Admin Area - Outdated Preview
  • General Settings
    • Enable/Disable RPG
    • This feature would give the user the ability to Enable/Disable the RPG at any time.

• Manage Enabled Boards
    • Users can choose which boards the stats in the mini-profile would appear on.

• Characters
    • Manage Classes
    • You can add/edit/delete classes of your choice including the options for it.

• Manage Races
    • Same as above, except races instead of classes.

• Manage Elements
    • Same as the above two, except elements instead.

• Manage Spells
    • Same as the above three, except its spells this time.

• Stat and Money Settings
    • All settings related to stats and money. Unfortunetly, you can't create stats in this first version.

• Contacting
    • Official Support Board
    • Link to the official support board, which will be here at SZ.

• Submit a Suggestion
    • Will make a form, that the user can fill in with the suggestion, and then it'll send me an e-mail.

• Bank
    • Bank Settings
    • Just the general setings for the bank.

• Close Users' Bank Accounts
    • You can basically close any user's account. They won't lose their deposited money however, but they will lose all access to the bank and its features.

• Item Shop
    • Manage Items
    • Management of items, including add/edit/delete and a few other features.

• Manage Shop Sections
    • Allows you to create different shop sections with different shop keepers (just a picture) for your users to buy from. An example would be, item, armor, weapon shop.

• Users
    • User Profile Settings
    • You can edit the settings for profiles. This basically includes add/removing options, disabling default options, and allowing only certain users to modify certain things

• User Shops
    • General settings and such for shops run by users.

• Edit User Accounts
    • Creates a list of all accounts belonging to users and lets you pick one to edit.

• Battle System
    • Battle System Settings
    • General settings of the battle system. Includes possible entry fees.

• Manage Bots
    • Allows the user to add/edit/remove bots and the stats of them. Also allows you to edit which items they can drop.

• Edit Arena Layout
    • Allows the user to edit the HTML layout of the actual arena.

• Clans
    • Clan System Settings
    • Just the general settings for clans, including minimum ammount of gold to create, maximum people allowed, etc.

• Manage Clans
    • Management of all the clans, including your ability to edit the user in it.

Now, that's the admin area. :P Sounds fun, right? There's more.

Look back to the original post for the RPG. (Here). You'll see a lot of things I left out, those are most likely all editable through the above sections, or are features of sections. The basic features are laid out as this.
  • User Createable Characters with profile and more
  • Bank system with interest if user visits daily
  • Clan system with user or staff-only creatable clans. For now, this is just for fun, and clan battles are not possible.
  • Battle system vs bots (Person vs Person is not possible as of now) and users gain exp from battles.
  • Stats gained per level are editable, and gold/exp earned per post is editable. Classes have offset balances to these.
  • Certain classes, elements, and races are imcompatible.
  • Money is completely customizable with the name and sign.
  • Random events of gold or items.

Note: There will be more features, and as you suggest more, more come to this list.

Last Edit: Nov 9, 2005 1:48:24 GMT by Chris

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
Whoa... that's awesome, and MORE features? O_o

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah. :P Just sub-listed ones, but hey, that's good enough. And suggestions are still being taken.

Jamie

Jamie Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
like I said on the other thread make a job thing.

So there's a new page stuff and it have :

Job Name............................Payment.........................Number of Post to be Avalable............
Knight.....................................$300..............................................50
Freeloader..............................$100..............................................1
ETC ............................................$.................................................#

If 24 hours has past since you gotten the job or need the payment

(button) Click Here

And 24 hours didn't past it'll go to another page or a pop says 24 hours had not past.

And if it did it will get you the money.

And in the profile it'll say what job you have.
Blah blah....

Currently listening: The Fray.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That wasn't exactly on how I was planning to set it up.

See, at the beginning, you pick a class for your character, and then change it at any time for a fee. :P Eventually, I may incorporate a feature that alows for class trees.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
you should have an ibility that allows people to donate money to other users...or items and ect.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I was planning on including that, though it was not listed. :P

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
How about, like I suggested to CJ on his shop, a bank where members can keep their money?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
..... Did you not read? :P But seriously, for money, is on there. I may include an option for inventory too...

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
cddude229 said:
..... Did you not read? :P But seriously, for money, is on there. I may include an option for inventory too...
Like a safety deposit box?

I'm going to make it so a thief steals your stuff randomly unless it's in your safety deposit box.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Heh, :P That'd be fun. We could do that.

Edit:

NEW PLANNED FEATURE
For the battle system, introducing, Status effects. You can create status effects causing lowered stats, turnly effects (like lowering health), can assign the change of these happening and what weapons cause them, and what spells cause them. They can be good or bad effects.

Last Edit: Nov 8, 2005 0:01:27 GMT by Chris

Kang

Kang Avatar

November 2005
That is pretty noble of you to host the backend yourself.

It seems like its going to be pretty cool by the way the features look.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
CD is slow in updating his stuff.

He decided not too do this project with PHP but all Javascript. (ha, poor dial up people)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, I updated it in the post but didn't post again. :P

It'll be JS only from here on out, cause ZT pointed out I'd probably crash my host.

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Good for me because my PHP mind went blank ever since my host showed me the door.

newBookmarkLockedFalling