Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Well, we can say that the activity is a bit down in this board lately. And I intend to spice things up a bit. But the problem is that I don't know what you guys want/need to get this place up and going like when we released version 1.

...we're really out of ideas right now...

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
Hello x-mas O.O?

Competitions?
New Banner competition!

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
I think the magazine would've been great.

How about CDDude comes up with some math quizes and we have a mathlon (sp?) :P.
Winner gets a custom title or something :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'd scare you guys. ;)

hey

hey Avatar
j00 n00b. =P

Official Member

October 2005
crazyj said:
I think the magazine would've been great.

How about CDDude comes up with some math quizes and we have a mathlon (sp?) :P.
Winner gets a custom title or something :P

That's for when we're desprate for a competition. :P
forums.talesrpg.com

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
A new skin for christmas, or just generally V2. That would bring activity up to a 'sugar-high' once again, then hold competitions etc to keep new members interested. ;)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
prox said:
A new skin for christmas, or just generally V2. That would bring activity up to a 'sugar-high' once again, then hold competitions etc to keep new members interested. ;)
Activity based on design is hardly activity in my opinion. The only way to keep it up is to keep on making new designs.

I think you just need to make interesting new topics often. Everything else is a temporary solution, but doesn't last long. Its just like how people don't go to a board where there are no new topics, but they have to be interesting as well.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
beat the crap out of teh inactivee membmers and make them active :P

no :P

sendd out a reminder to all members
maybe competitions? scavenger hunst are fun :D something EVERYONE can do, not just coding/graphics

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
If you're talking about we "want," all I want is some topics and posts, mainly in the Convention Center and in Video Games. I've tried making both, but most of the time they end up being ignored (if not the whole board's topics).

Putting out new skins, like Eric said, is basically just avoiding the point that your forum's activity is going down.

Just make more topics, I guess. I would suggest more contests and events, but then the whole newsletter episode comes to mind.

craz

craz Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2005
yeah...I think a magazine might be too much...but maybe send out an e-mail or have a monthly update that has all of the new articles and events...just to keep everybody posted and intrested!
Ion displacement won't work in the basement
Especially when I'm not with you- Vampire Weekend

art+jams+fake+social

dev7
I say you should make the v2, I will explain it in the If v2 ever exists thread. Just realized that is locked.

I say v2 should...ahh..i don't know...Maybe green? or orange looks nice too.. I am out of ideas too.

Last Edit: Dec 7, 2005 12:56:30 GMT by dev7

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
You guys keep saying that V2 will make Studio Zero active again, but it's not the skin that make people come here and stay active. Sure the first 3 days it will be active, but then after that it won't. So will the suggestion be to release a new skin every 3 days??!!
A new skin is not needed, you guys should get out of the proboards trend to releease a new skin every 2-3 months. That's wont help with anything.
It's the members that matter, the topics made, the activities available etc.

once again, VERSION 2 OF STUDIO ZERO ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING, IT IS NOT NEEDED ANYTIME SOON AND THE STAFF SHOULD NOT BE THINKING ABOUT IT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS AT LEAST

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Be honest, for activity, it has seemed to pick up a bit. That's just my idea though, I don't really know.

Anyway, you guys are correct. A new version is just a temporary solution, same with contests. If we release a new version, it won't be til the new year at least. I know you guys say to wait longer, and I meant start for it. It'll be a long time in designing, redesigning, coding, optimizing, and including everything. Then there's the annoying ratings of SO, mind you, they're great, just he spots everything. :P

Contests - Temporary also. What happens after the contests are over? Another one? Eventually we'll run out of ideas, we'll be come repetitive and boring. We need a more permanent solution.

Honestly, posting original topics is the best. :P

Curious George®

Curious George® Avatar
Music Lover

October 2005
I KNOW you need me sticking my tongue out at yall

Grab this Headline Animator

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005