Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
V2 will be great to spice things up >_< And you also need to run the SOTW :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
No one ever entered though. =/ That's why Kay closed it.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
hmmm... expand onn some stuff maybe? whatt makes SSD so popular? maybee because its a pb featured site. maybe it hsa good resources? maybe there aree interestingg topics there?

what makes the new g101's activity so good? there's a new skin? (but thats only temporary). all of the staff embmers are working together? they have been opened for a long time maybe?

ive had an acitivity problem with my old forum so i had to close it. it neverr had good activei staff members, it was mainly me and another adminn.

sz might need somethigng new, but i dont know what :(

Curious George®

Curious George® Avatar
Music Lover

October 2005
bakura said:
-__________-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

well that was interesting...lol... but try to keep this on topic please george

*walks away laughing at the smiley* lol

yeah a friend of mine sent me an email and it was in that email so i HAD to do it...lol

Grab this Headline Animator

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, those ideas all work, but SSD is great because its the "official" design forum of ProBoards. It also has a premier spot on the main ProBoards website, was the original, therefore has been around longest, and they have constant references by other sites to go there.

Who knows. :P

As for G101.... I don't know.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Just to add...
The reason I first joined was because every major PB coder was here for the most part. Topics were active, new coding threads were made daily, as well as open source stuff that was cool.

All that seems to have died down now, but you guys used to have the best coding section...

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
eric said:
Just to add...
The reason I first joined was because every major PB coder was here for the most part. Topics were active, new coding threads were made daily, as well as open source stuff that was cool.

All that seems to have died down now, but you guys used to have the best coding section...

ditto :)

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
yeah but you have to think.... codes only come with new ideas.. and if coders run out of ideas.. then they get stuck ... main projects you can't have new ideas because its hard to get originality in your programs/codes therefore once the originality goes.. the codes get boring.. because we've seen it all before.. unless you get new ideas the codes go down in reputation... its the same with graphics... i've had no ideas for my abstract stuff now because its all gone.. i've gone back onto photomanips and even them i've scraped ideas from what i've done before... what we really need is originality and that is not a very easy thing to get... because if we start a new trend.. everyone will start following suit... and it becomes boring again

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
bakura said:
yeah but you have to think.... codes only come with new ideas.. and if coders run out of ideas.. then they get stuck ... main projects you can't have new ideas because its hard to get originality in your programs/codes therefore once the originality goes.. the codes get boring.. because we've seen it all before.. unless you get new ideas the codes go down in reputation... its the same with graphics... i've had no ideas for my abstract stuff now because its all gone.. i've gone back onto photomanips and even them i've scraped ideas from what i've done before... what we really need is originality and that is not a very easy thing to get... because if we start a new trend.. everyone will start following suit... and it becomes boring again
There are still tons of original topics that can be made. People just need to post links when they see interesting stuff, and the likes. I suppose I could write some articles to be commented on, we'll see about that. Also, there are tons of codes to be made as well as extended/used. All the ones in the open source board can be used to make new and better ones.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, we could always start a community project, but that's pretty much what "Project Zero" is, except, its a select few. =/

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
cddude229 said:
Well, we could always start a community project, but that's pretty much what "Project Zero" is, except, its a select few. =/
Which really isn't a community project. More like "a select few" project :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I understand :P Except, its a select few of the community.

But yeah, I've come up with a few good project ideas recently, for codes and for SZ, and I plan to put them into effect after I finish Hidden Board Management.

As for topics being made, if I had any ideas, I'd surely attempt it. =/ But the last one I made on a purely coding topic received two replies. One by CJ, and then the sole post of Hechizero on the board. :P It was "Negative-width Look Ahead" I believe. Something like that.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
cddude229 said:
I understand :P Except, its a select few of the community.

But yeah, I've come up with a few good project ideas recently, for codes and for SZ, and I plan to put them into effect after I finish Hidden Board Management.

As for topics being made, if I had any ideas, I'd surely attempt it. =/ But the last one I made on a purely coding topic received two replies. One by CJ, and then the sole post of Hechizero on the board. :P It was "Negative-width Look Ahead" I believe. Something like that.

it was originally made for anyone who wanted to get involved... i didn't pick anyone to help you all offered and the offer is open to anyone else who wishes to help code it :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hmm...a few things that could help:

A Forum Magazine
SZ Version 2
Some redone images
More Codes
More Images

Magazine:
--This will definitely increase activity and help increase member participation in what goes on in the forum.

Version 2:
--Well, it's obvious. New skins always help a little bit, though it's still too early for v2.

Redone Images:
--There used to be alot of complaining before about the images, and though it's died down, some redone images with more freshness would help. Maybe a bit "newer" looking images for some change.

More Codes:
--This will draw in many more members if your DB is bigger.

More Images:
--Refer to the above.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Magazine - SO made a thread in the Convention Center a while back. It got some replies, but not much interest. Go ahead and bump it if you like. =/

Version 2 - Notice how I've been saying things about v2? That's cause its in the early, EARLY planning stages.

Redone Images - Which ones? I know the banner's a big one.

More Codes - We're the third largest database on PB. :P Only to SoCal and PBS. SSD is close however. I've been very creative recently though, so as soon as I finish Hidden Board Management v1, I've got some codes to make.

More Images - I can't help (much, I can do a little), but you can always contribute some to the premade database if you feel like it.

That's my comments to those.

Last Edit: Dec 28, 2005 1:44:33 GMT by Chris

newBookmarkLockedFalling