Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Well, you need an inspiration when you battle. I guess a rank table will be an awesome Idea. Or, you can think up something else. What do you say ?

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
rank table sounds good... but how you mean we implement it?

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
bakura said:
rank table sounds good... but how you mean we implement it?

If implimeent means put in a html table would be okay I think :)
Thanks, Kay!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think he means the system for it.

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
I have an idea. Hard to explain. Defaultly, it will show the top five guys and there will be a button at the bottom. If you click that, the table will expand (kinda like Zanmato's PM bar) and it will show everyone on the table. As, for the point system. 1 point for each win, simple :)

Last Edit: Jan 21, 2006 2:39:39 GMT by Ovi

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
So kinda like SSD's?
Thanks, Kay!

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Yup, but slightly different. It won't link you to the full rank table, but it will expand itself.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think I could manage that. :P I've done a dynamic collapse thing before.

If you can get the staff to create a dynamic set of battle points awarded, I'd glady do it.

For example, this.

Loss: -1 points
Win: 3 points

You can't go below zero of course.

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
cddude229 said:
I think I could manage that. :P I've done a dynamic collapse thing before.

If you can get the staff to create a dynamic set of battle points awarded, I'd glady do it.

For example, this.

Loss: -1 points
Win: 3 points

You can't go below zero of course.

I don't think the loss points should be there. Wh do you think SSD didn't include it? One reason, it prevents playas from playin' ya know :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That's true. I guess maybe you get points for winning based off of the points of the other users ammount?

For example, you get 5% of the number of the other user's points, but its always at least 1 and will always round down.

Crestfallen

Crestfallen Avatar
infiltrate. destroy. rebuild.

January 2006
"Why do you think SSD didn't include it?"

Why do you have to go off of SSD? If you base something on how they did it, then forget about trying to be original. Do something different and try something new instead of trying to be like SSD.
anemophobia

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I planned to Crest, as why I mentioned the layout of the 5-10% thing.

Though he's right, it doesn't look good if you put up people with negative points, or it may hurt their feelings. :P

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
cddude229 said:
That's true. I guess maybe you get points for winning based off of the points of the other users ammount?

For example, you get 5% of the number of the other user's points, but its always at least 1 and will always round down.

Can be, but makes things complex which may cause trouble in the future. And Crest, I also want SZ to have something different then SSD.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I was thinking of something like using PHP and using MySQL tables. But implementing that with fusion coding of JS seems almost impossible to do.

It would be also easily managed with PHP though. :'(
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Xephra

Xephra Avatar

January 2006
Just use php so that lower staff could edit it, in the event that a moderator should need to edit.

newBookmarkLockedFalling