Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

mrmagoo

mrmagoo Avatar

Official Member

July 2006
ok,but i never said anything about impeaching him now...my point was that many people i know didn't even want him back for a second term...and those that i know who did vote him back were quickly wishing they hadn't. politics is a hard subject for anyone to agree on....and most of us will never have the right answer to the United States problems. just something we have to live with.

btw...i still believe that Al Gore beat Bush back then. lol,lol ???

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
mrmagoo said:
ok,but i never said anything about impeaching him now...my point was that many people i know didn't even want him back for a second term...and those that i know who did vote him back were quickly wishing they hadn't. politics is a hard subject for anyone to agree on....and most of us will never have the right answer to the United States problems. just something we have to live with.

btw...i still believe that Al Gore beat Bush back then. lol,lol ???

Yes, and it's been proven on a quadrillion shows. I still remember people throwing oranges at Bush's car (the Monster) and missing. :D

Well, if you don't mean of impeachment, then what sort of removal option are you talking about of Bush? Sure, many Republicans have switched to the Democratic party, or some other political party frankly because they didn't share Bush's views. It does amaze me how someone as intelligent as Condoleeza Rice can be in Bush's administration. :P

3:

3: Avatar
...xD

Dedicated Member

June 2006
Eh...i think this world could do without Lucifer (teh member) :D

Sunshine

Sunshine Avatar
You are my sunshine

Dedicated Member

August 2006
We might get along fine without the other Lucifer, too... ^-^

~Artemis
I My Boyfriend

In his hand
the pen that lied
this is how
the author died

¿Quién te cortó las alas mi ángel? ¿quién te arrodillé para humillarte?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Nope. You're all figments of my imagination. Therefore, if I didn't exist, neither would you. Now please me with offerings of food and women!

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
lucifer said:
dreamseeker said:
I think the world could probably go without... whatever that one lady is, who's always at funerals saying, "Thank God for dead soldiers."

Yeah, really. Unfortunately, it seems as if YouTube and Google Video are both void of a video for it. =/

Actually, it's been all over youtube for months.

youtube.com/watch?v=dMhCDKxPjHU

Edit: There's a page on Wikipedia about the church:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

As for all the Bush-bashing, there are those that believe the war was started to control oil, there are those that believe the war was started over the assassination attempt on Bush Sr., there are those that think otherwise, and there are those that don't give a shit.

I personally think we're all a bunch of patriotic idiots. Our clothes, our lifestyles, our actions...are all whored; borrowed off someone else. We lack the capability to think for ourselves and the very reason Bush is hated so much is because that notion has been whored as well.

Last Edit: Dec 31, 2006 5:34:16 GMT by Aaron

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
derfleurer said:
lucifer said:

Yeah, really. Unfortunately, it seems as if YouTube and Google Video are both void of a video for it. =/

Actually, it's been all over youtube for months.

youtube.com/watch?v=dMhCDKxPjHU

Edit: There's a page on Wikipedia about the church:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

As for all the Bush-bashing, there are those that believe the war was started to control oil, there are those that believe the war was started over the assassination attempt on Bush Sr., there are those that think otherwise, and there are those that don't give a shit.

I personally think we're all a bunch of patriotic idiots. Our clothes, our lifestyles, our actions...are all whored; borrowed off someone else. We lack the capability to think for ourselves and the very reason Bush is hated so much is because that notion has been whored as well.

Bravo for that post.

And secondly, I checked YouTube and couldn't find it. Thanks for finding it.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I'll make it short and sweet --- this thread was not about Bush but since it became all about him and with Saddam being hung:

1. Mr. George Bush has made too many mistakes to be forgiven.
2. Mr. George Bush has irreparably damaged inter-nation relations for decades.
3. Being from Asia and especially as an outsider to USA and Iraq/Afghanistan - I have a rather crystal-clear and unbiased opinion on the subject.
4. Mr. George Bush was and is after oil and so the whole Bio-weapons sham was used as a cover.
5. No such weapons have been proven to exist in Iraq.
6. There is significant outcry over Saddam's execution in Asia -- people are up in arms against the unfair US-occupation of Iraq -- 600000 Iraqi citizens have been killed till date in the war --- the civil war is starting there and the nation is progressively destabilizing --- the chaos is escalating = thank you Mr. Bush.
7. I totally support the Dixie Chicks.
8. Fuck off Toby Keith.
9. The US-backed puppet govt + courts in Iraq that gave out the death sentence to Saddam is unconstitutional and irrelevant --- People are saying that the occupation is at all shud have been UN-led not US-led cos George Bush has no business telling other countries to do what they need to. He's not the savior of the world.
10. Now the most important part --- inspite of the gazillion mistakes he's made and inspite of the war being waged for all the wrong reasons and inspite of the whole unfair and flawed trial process for Saddam ----- I support Mr. George Bush. And I Do NOT AGREE WITH A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE.
11. Mr. Bush's aggresive tactics in the invasion of Afghanistan liberated them from an age of darkness under the bloody Taliban. +1 Bush.
12. The invasion of Iraq is at the end of the day attempting to generate a stable democracy there. O and Saddam has paid dearly for killing 148 Shias mercilessly and countless other atrocities. +1 Bush.
13. While a lot of people can talk and a lot of governments can twiddle their thumbs and give in to Fundamentalist pseudo-religious Islamic terrorism -- Mr. George Bush has taken it on head-on. +1 Bush.
14. Thats my stand. Bush maybe incredibly flawed. He may have done a lot of shit. But the end-results on 2 separate fronts justify the process in my opinion.

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
2. Since you tend to think that the U.S. and UK are "minor countries," then how can the U.S. damage international relations?
4. Iran, and previously, Iraq, gouges oil prices like you wouldn't believe. The entire Iranian government is funded through oil sales. Iranian citizens don't pay taxes, and they don't pay for oil or electricity. Meanwhile, prices in the U.S. were sky-rocketing. In Europe, in 1984, some places averaged $4.00/gallon.
5. If the U.N. never believed that there were WMD in Iraq, then they wouldn't have attempted to send in Inspectors. Saddam kicked out the inspectors, thus leading U.S. intelligence agencies to further suspect that there were WMDs in his arsenal.
6. The only people crying out about Saddam's execution are terrorists and Ba'ath party officials. I have a strange feeling that the families of the hundreds of thousands of Kurds and Turks that he slaughtered are not crying out. On the news today, they interviewed an Iraqi refugee in Pittsburgh who lost 22 uncles and cousins during one of Saddam's purges.
9. No one else seemed to care about what Saddam was doing... does that mean that the U.S. shouldn't either?

Edit: Also, I know this is just a little mistake, but according to the Iraqi Ministry of Health, there have been 100,000 - 150,000 civilians killed. I know that is still a lot, but in proportion to the population, that is a big difference.

Last Edit: Jan 1, 2007 2:41:17 GMT by Mithras

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Sunshine

Sunshine Avatar
You are my sunshine

Dedicated Member

August 2006
Can the Bush-bashing and Bush-protecting please stop? You're giving me ulcers.

Nobody is without bias. Bush did what he did, and bitching and moaning about it will not change the fact that it's done. If you don't like it, get out of the country. If you do, stay. There's no reason to comment on every turn.

Here's an idea: run for president.

[/rant]

~Artemis
I My Boyfriend

In his hand
the pen that lied
this is how
the author died

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
mastermind said:
If you don't like it, get out of the country. If you do, stay. There's no reason to comment on every turn.

No, see, that's exactly the kind of attitude the British had which is why we left them in the first place. The whole idea of our government is that you can vote and voice your opinion to change the government, not "I do what I want. Don't like it? Leave." That's the tyrannical attitude which spawned America in the first place.

Sunshine

Sunshine Avatar
You are my sunshine

Dedicated Member

August 2006
Sure, you can vote, you can say what you want. But do you need to?

That's the "beauty" of our government. If you think you could do better, you have no excuse not to, as you can run for president too, y'know.

~Artemis
I My Boyfriend

In his hand
the pen that lied
this is how
the author died

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
This world is fucked up beyond repair. "Whining" will make no difference from action in the long run.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
mithras said:
2. Since you tend to think that the U.S. and UK are "minor countries," then how can the U.S. damage international relations?
4. Iran, and previously, Iraq, gouges oil prices like you wouldn't believe. The entire Iranian government is funded through oil sales. Iranian citizens don't pay taxes, and they don't pay for oil or electricity. Meanwhile, prices in the U.S. were sky-rocketing. In Europe, in 1984, some places averaged $4.00/gallon.
5. If the U.N. never believed that there were WMD in Iraq, then they wouldn't have attempted to send in Inspectors. Saddam kicked out the inspectors, thus leading U.S. intelligence agencies to further suspect that there were WMDs in his arsenal.
6. The only people crying out about Saddam's execution are terrorists and Ba'ath party officials. I have a strange feeling that the families of the hundreds of thousands of Kurds and Turks that he slaughtered are not crying out. On the news today, they interviewed an Iraqi refugee in Pittsburgh who lost 22 uncles and cousins during one of Saddam's purges.
9. No one else seemed to care about what Saddam was doing... does that mean that the U.S. shouldn't either?

Edit: Also, I know this is just a little mistake, but according to the Iraqi Ministry of Health, there have been 100,000 - 150,000 civilians killed. I know that is still a lot, but in proportion to the population, that is a big difference.

To begin with a total of over 655000 Iraqis are dead because of the war - this was found by a study conducted by the Guardian UK -
Read Here --- the same thing was also reported by CNN.

2. I never said US and UK are minor countries. You're putting words into my mouth. Obviously the USA is a technological and economic superpower. The USA has done nothing and nothing has been done by the american forces --- THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME FOR EVERYTHING is MR GEORGE BUSH. The situation in the entire middle-east continues to destabilize. You and I have distant opinions because neither of us is sitting in Iraq. But one of our family relatives - that entire family has recently returned from Iraq. I have heard a first-hand account from people who actually lived there. And it is not good.

4. And that qualifies as an excuse to invade another country?

5. It is totally understandable that 9.11 happened in the USA - america was attacked directly and although several other countries have been targetted by terrorists (I lost a friend in the terrorist bombing on the train in mumbai India couple of months back so I know exactly how it feels), USA has been the prime target. So For the US govt to take initiative and go up head-on with Islamic terrorism in the middleeast is justified. But the invasion of Iraq was not exactly on those lines.

6. True - the kurds and shias are rejoicing Saddam's death and my point all along has been that it was the right thing to happen - Saddam paid for his crimes. But the US-installed govt is not even legal -- it is temporary -- for a govt run by the US by proxy, to pronounce a death sentence to Saddam without a fair trial is downright unjust. But as I have said on multiple occasions the process may have been flawed but the bottomline is that Saddam got what he deserved. I am not against it But people numbering in thousands across Asia and the world are. not just the terrorists. The whole occupation of Iraq may just have sowed the seeds of disharmony and chaos that may very well lead to world war 3 --- USA vs fundamentalist Islam. That is a very likely possibility. Too much is at stake for a lot of sides. But the reason behind the occupation has been proven to be ridiculous. So...

9. US is not to blame - President Bush is. Bush should be concerned but to what level? Tomorrow if he gets concerned over say 3-4 other countries - should he systematically begin to annex each nation just cos either they are harboring terrorists or maybe he thinks they are?

This thread has already gone off-topic. Saddam is dead. He had it coming. Bush has made a lot of mistakes but is not entirely to blame. Islamic terrorism is the main evil here. I hope the war ends. I hope the american troops can return home safely. I hope order is restored to Iraq. I hope Islamic terrorism gets crunched.

mrmagoo

mrmagoo Avatar

Official Member

July 2006
i agree slip...what so many have forgotten is that this thread was about Who's non-essential??? each and every one of us has the right to our own opinions of who we feel is non-essential,we don't have to dissect as to why someone thinks that Bush or Barbie may or may not be non-essential. better start understanding that people will never agree or disagree on the same things,but we will always have our own opinions on each and everything in this world we live in. :) as to who is right and who is wrong is also an opinion,nothing more.

just my thoughts

newBookmarkLockedFalling