Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
No idea what glam metal is... but i happen to like some Christian metal.. or hard rock... depends how you classify it. Ever hear a band called Demon Hunter?
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
fredy said:
No idea what glam metal is... but i happen to like some Christian metal.. or hard rock... depends how you classify it. Ever hear a band called Demon Hunter?

Nope, but if they're Christian, I don't want to.

And there is no such thing as Christian metal. They claim to be metal, but they're not. Metal and Satan go hand-in-hand. It's like having metal wood. You can't.

Ever heard of a band called Deicide? Here's a new song by them.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I can seriously say I'm scared for life and will never listen to that band ever again :P

1. It was growling, not screaming
2. I couldn't understand one word
3. That can't be good for the vocal cords

:P
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
fredy said:
I can seriously say I'm scared for life and will never listen to that band ever again :P

1. It was growling, not screaming
2. I couldn't understand one word
3. That can't be good for the vocal cords

:P

1. Yeah?
2. Listen harder (it is difficult if you're not accustomed to death metal)
3. Actually, it makes your throat and vocal cords much more durable and strong. It's quite good.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lucifer said:
fredy said:

And there is no such thing as Christian metal. They claim to be metal, but they're not. Metal and Satan go hand-in-hand. It's like having metal wood. You can't.

lol

There's multiple genres of metal, a lot of which aren't satanic, and believe it or not, there is Christian metal. I guess you could say it's not as hardcore or whatever, but it's still considered a genre.

That link was okay until it got to the RARRRAGHGHHGHRAARWWWRRRHGHGHGH =P

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar
My fingers can touch -anything- but them selves

Official Member

November 2006
Pretty easy to make a metal CD. Record your self clearing your throat and play with the sound and record some gourilla screams and a few dog growls and barks and then play the guitar REALLY loud and beat a set of drums really fast all at the right times and

Wala! Metal!

:D

I have a question though, how come only the christian religion gets a music genre? why not Muslim or jewish?

Last Edit: Jan 20, 2007 6:06:20 GMT by Fjörynn

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
shadowyone said:
lucifer said:

lol

There's multiple genres of metal, a lot of which aren't satanic, and believe it or not, there is Christian metal. I guess you could say it's not as hardcore or whatever, but it's still considered a genre.

That link was okay until it got to the RARRRAGHGHHGHRAARWWWRRRHGHGHGH =P

Yeah, not all are Satanic, but that doesn't make it okay to be Christian (and metal).

ziggy said:
Pretty easy to make a metal CD. Record your self clearing your throat and play with the sound and record some gourilla screams and a few dog growls and barks and then play the guitar REALLY loud and beat a set of drums really fast all at the right times and

Wala! Metal!

:D

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar

Official Member

November 2006
Heard it a few times >_< thats pretty much what it sounded like. It hurt my ears pretty bad and all I could make of it was GRAHGGRUGLERUGLERAAAHHHG! :o what are they talking about???

What would satan do that would earn his worship from anyone? to me he appears this "dark" power that the outcasts of society follow since they don't like the idea of a mainstream religion that does not need to have people making stuff up every few hours ??? I figure he is just the punisher, he has no goals to do anything I would guess "Judge them god and I'll take the bad eggs and punish them" From what i've heard why the heck would satan accept followers? if he is so evil he would rather kill you I guess. or beat the tar out of the men that wear makeup since you know, he is so manly and evil according to some ;D

Last Edit: Jan 20, 2007 6:54:58 GMT by Fjörynn

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
ziggy said:
Heard it a few times >_< thats pretty much what it sounded like. It hurt my ears pretty bad and all I could make of it was GRAHGGRUGLERUGLERAAAHHHG! :o what are they talking about???

What would satan do that would earn his worship from anyone? to me he appears this "dark" power that the outcasts of society follow since they don't like the idea of a mainstream religion that does not need to have people making stuff up every few hours ??? I figure he is just the punisher, he has no goals to do anything I would guess "Judge them god and I'll take the bad eggs and punish them"

1. Growling (and I mean actual words, not just "grrrrr') takes immense amounts of talent.

2. They don't "worship" Satan. It's just for show. Just how Cannibal Corpse doesn't really skin people alive.

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar

Official Member

November 2006
I can do that :) But why do they advicate things they don't even do? I tride listening to Cannibal Corpse, that hurt my ears too >_< did their parents not hug them or beat them when they were kids? :o sounds like a lot of childhood issuse are surfecing in those bands >_<

Piecing thier faces tatoos all over, putting on makeup, advocating satan worship and mass murder :( it's a good thing they have a career in music then, if not they would never be able to get a job in the real world :( no one hires people that look like the fell face first into a pile of pins. >_<

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
ziggy said:
I can do that :) But why do they advicate things they don't even do? I tride listening to Cannibal Corpse, that hurt my ears too >_< did their parents not hug them or beat them when they were kids? :o sounds like a lot of childhood issuse are surfecing in those bands >_<

Piecing thier faces tatoos all over, putting on makeup, advocating satan worship and mass murder :( it's a good thing they have a career in music then, if not they would never be able to get a job in the real world :( no one hires people that look like the fell face first into a pile of pins. >_<

No, see, it's no different than a Hollywood horror film. These are entertainers. They make music. There are no childhood issues and they don't advocate anything. A number of interviews with members of death metal bands have produced the same explainations: it's tongue-in-cheek, joking, shock value, entertainment--none of their lyrics are advocated.

Also, I highly doubt you could sing an entire song with such deep, gutteral vocals and, if by some miracle you could, your throat would be thoroughly sore.

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar

Official Member

November 2006
lucifer said:
Also, I highly doubt you could sing an entire song with such deep, gutteral vocals and, if by some miracle you could, your throat would be thoroughly sore.

It was, but I can do it for a solid 4 to 5 minuts.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
ziggy said:
lucifer said:

I still doubt it's as gutteral as Glenn Benton (vocalist/bassist of Deicide). Plus, you have to be able to pronounce words.

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar

Official Member

November 2006
lucifer said:
ziggy said:

I still doubt it's as gutteral as Glenn Benton (vocalist/bassist of Deicide). Plus, you have to be able to pronounce words.

I did okay.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Thank God for metal. The entire genre has done a huge favor for all music-lovers. There are treasure troves waiting to be discovered - I am not particularly into metal but most of my friends are and several of them play in rock bands so metal and rock is primarily all they ever talk about. I used to have a similar reaction to metal the first couple of times I heard it. But metal has a lot of variants and subgenres and a huge pool of talent.

BTW I saw Finnish Act LORDI perform at the MTV European Music Awards. Ever heard of them?? And is that Metal or just Hard Rock?

newBookmarkLockedFalling