Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
I want to know how many people have an HDTV. If you do, do you also have an HD DVD/Blu-Ray player? What about HD content from your Cable/Satelite provider?

The reason I ask is because of this report saying that more than 1 in every 3 people will have an HDTV by next year. I don't and don't know many people who do and was just wondering how realistic that report is for SZ

This is my old account. This is my new account

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lulz @ tom's hardware

I doubt that many people are gonna have HDTV's next year. I'm not saying they won't get that common eventually (which they inevitably will anyway), but I just don't think by next year. That's just me.

Oh, and yeah, I don't have an HDTV. Some people I know don't even know what kinds of TV's they have, so that probably won't be helpful in getting statistics for nationwide reports like that.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I don't have one.... I don't even totally understand what it is... lol :P
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
High resolution TVs. Imagine your current monitor resolution. The same applies to a TV. The bigger the resolution, the better the quality (Unless the video feed is being upscaled)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Oh. So. High-tech tv? :P
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
No, Hi-Def Tv. Silly n00b. :P

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Guess what. We were gonna get HDTV with the new plasma TV we got, and after we got it all setup, the company told us HDTV isnt avaliable were we live. AND I DONT EVEN LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! Gah. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
HDTV is the actual TV. You're speaking of HD content. ;)

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Yah, well, I was just so ready to get it...but then I was denied :( O well, I still have the TV :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Wow. I think I'm getting old. Technology has outdated me O_o
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah.... I've got a 8 year old TV.... ok, make that at LEAST 8 years old. :P then the other one is about 15. Great for long trips in a car though! :P But yeah, no HDTV's for me (and my family.)

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
I'm going to get one once, I get a job, gonna save up for a 27 Inch HDTV, Just for Halo 3....lol nah, Im gonna use it for basically watching movies and such

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Josh have you seen the new plasma TV Panasonic announced they're making on Engadget? It looks awesome.

Yes, I do own a HDTV, but no HD-DVD/Blu-ray; our DVD system is around 4 years old. Still, TV is nearly 75 inches.

Suckers. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Mukei: Link? They show off 4-5 new TVs a week at Engadget (I'm an avid reader. :P)

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
jaj43123 said:
Mukei: Link? They show off 4-5 new TVs a week at Engadget (I'm an avid reader. :P)

I'll try to find it...Yeah, Google Reader ftw. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling