Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

.XeroCint

.XeroCint Avatar
OmniXST

Dedicated Member

September 2006
I just got home from seeing it, it was WONDERFUL! Anyone else see it yet?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Couldn't see it today or tomorrow due to my grad party being tomorrow. Planning on taking my friend Alyssa to the 10 am IMAX showing on Sunday, though.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
<_< too many movie topics. They make me want to cut my limbs off with a butter knife.
k

.XeroCint

.XeroCint Avatar
OmniXST

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Andrew McGivery Avatar
<_< too many movie topics. They make me want to cut my limbs off with a butter knife.

Why?

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
I saw it at midnight. I loved it.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Me and the better half will be going to see it later on in the week.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Just bought IMAX tickets for 10am tomorrow. w00t.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Ok I just found out this board doesn't have spoiler tags so instead I'll be posting them in white. If you use v2 or something just skip this entire post.

I saw it yesterday. It was pretty spectacular. There were some things that bugged me though.

some spoilers ahead
not joking
srsly

--You'd think in 2008 they'd make a batsuit that didn't make me feel like I was watching a '90s Batman flick. It looked way too awkward.
--Bale went overboard trying to make his voice too deep as Batman.
--Not enough Batman screen time. Maybe they knew the suit was too awkward, but I still needed to see Batman kicking more ass.
--I felt like I was watching a horror movie at times with all the killings and about-to-be deaths.
--What happened to Scarecrow? He just disappeared.
--Aside from the main theme (or whatever that was but it was pretty catchy) the soundtrack was almost nonexistent.

Awesome stuff:
--Everything that included the Joker. That was a legendary performance. No wonder they gave him so much screen time. He stole the entire movie and deservedly so.
--Two-Face. It was a shame he died because he would've been an interesting villain for a sequel. They nailed the face dead-on too, that was good. Of course if they really wanted to I guess they could just say he survived that fall, even though that would kinda go against the movie's theme.
--Everything else. It was simply tremendous.

Bottom line: go see it. Besides for some minor stuff, it's 150 minutes of pure unadulterated awesome, and better than anything else I can remember that came out this year by far.

Last Edit: Jul 20, 2008 4:29:06 GMT by Ess Ohh

.XeroCint

.XeroCint Avatar
OmniXST

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Ess Ohh Avatar

--You'd think in 2008 they'd make a batsuit that didn't make me feel like I was watching a '90s Batman flick. It looked way too awkward.
--Bale went overboard trying to make his voice too deep as Batman.
--Not enough Batman screen time. Maybe they knew the suit was too awkward, but I still needed to see Batman kicking more ass.
--I felt like I was watching a horror movie at times with all the killings and about-to-be deaths.
--What happened to Scarecrow? He just disappeared.

-To have that protection and functionality, it makes perfect sense to me.
-To disguise his voice and make people afraid of him. More so of the latter.
-True, true, depressing, true.
-Made it more BA imo.
-Was put in jail... That's why he was tied up and the like.

Last Edit: Jul 21, 2008 0:19:22 GMT by Chris

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Hide the spoilers you fool =O

And this isn't really a spoiler, but the camera work was much better than Batman Begins. I could actually see what was going on.

.XeroCint

.XeroCint Avatar
OmniXST

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Ess Ohh Avatar

And this isn't really a spoiler, but the camera work was much better than Batman Begins. I could actually see what was going on.

I know right?
They did a whole bunch of it with IMAX cameras, which made it look better even on regular screens. And you know that part in Tokyo where he flies off the building? All of it was actually him, no special effects...

Read an article in Wired last month lol

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
good thing I don't see movies in theaters or else I'd be pissed about all the spoilers. :P
k

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
I really wanna see it in IMAX, but i don't know if i would be able to. Everyone said it was really awesome though.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Just got back from an IMAX showing at 10am. They were actually giving out refunds because they oversold the tickets at 10am!. There was 8 showings starting between 10 and 10:30 at our theater (30 screens. 4 screens hold well over 500 people with one of those being IMAX) and there were lines going out the door. I have nothing I can say about the movie. Simply put... that was the greatest film I have ever witnessed and Ledger's performance is something that will be marveled for countless generations. This is the first time I have ever seen a movie where it really was not about the main character... it was about the Joker. It wasn't a Batman movie... it was the Joker.

Quick spoiler to SO in beige. Scroll past if you wish.

Two Face isn't dead. He can't possibly be since Eckhart is signed on for two more films. They ade him out to be dead so that he could be made out as a martyr and as a true hero.

Last Edit: Jul 20, 2008 18:04:59 GMT by Josh

stoner
Josh , you got me! I went to see it today!I took your advice! It was neat. Ledger was awesome. It was sort of focusing on a different view , the villian. It was a change!

newBookmarkLockedFalling