Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, I saw the new movie for this here.

Apparently, there's some new characters
- Meta Knight
- Pit
- Zero Suit Samus
- Wario
- Solid Snake

So yeah. Awesome. O_o Anyone know what game Pit is from? And will you be getting this when it comes out? I know for a fact I will. :D

valandil
I will get this as moon as our finances allow us too. :P (We're not doing so well at the moment.)

Demonboy

Demonboy Avatar
Dont Cry

Official Member

May 2006
i wish i could see the video but i have to have shock wave 8.

i will deffanetly be getting this no matter what because i love Smash bros its like the best party game ever.

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
I believe Pit is from Kid Icarus, it's a really old game. I am definitely going to get this when it comes out! I can't wait. I can't believe Snake is in this. :)

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
demonboy said:
i wish i could see the video but i have to have shock wave 8.

i will deffanetly be getting this no matter what because i love Smash bros its like the best party game ever.

SSB series = fighting games.

And hell yes am I looking forward to this. Odds are it's not gonna use the standard Wii controller (no motion-sensitive stuff) as talked about, but I don't care.

Yeah, Pit is from Kid Icarus. I went WTFLOL when I heard of/saw Snake in the game. The way they put him there in the trailer was just perfect.

And CD, I'm surprised you didn't post about this at DGF. Do you even check the gaming board over there or what?

Last Edit: May 13, 2006 4:18:56 GMT by Ess Ohh

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Yeah, I think I read in an interview or something somewhere (I think IGN) that Nintendo said it wouldn't use the motion-sensitive stuff in playing the game and that they would keep it with standard controls. I think they also said something about keeping your GameCube controllers (maybe they will use GCN controllers) or you might be able to play it with the Virtual Console controller that Nintendo showed a few days ago. I will try to find the link.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Yeah! It's those. :)
This was the part I was talking about -

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

Here's another quote I found -
Sakurai said the decision to include Solid Snake when Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include the Metal Gear character in the last Smash Bros. game. When asked about the possibility of Sonic the Hedgehod appearing in the game as well, Shigeru Miyamoto said: "There are probably possibilities for other third parties as well, and it maybe that even know there are corporate discussions going on about including some of these other characters."

Last Edit: May 13, 2006 5:04:10 GMT by windwaker

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Damn. If they add more characters from other games... O_o; This game'll kick even more ass. Playing as Sonic would be fun...

SO: Didn't check DGF game boards... Its not open yet, remember? :P And the threads are all named "asdf".... Damn Naruto.

Also, those super powerups look awesome. Marios super punch... triforce link.... Kirby stew :D Jeese. This is like.... a fanboy dream. :P Too bad its not a release title :(

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
These new addons are just ruining the game IMO. I like traditional Super Smash Bros. <3 Kirby.

Demonboy

Demonboy Avatar
Dont Cry

Official Member

May 2006
yeah kirby is the best i am soo good wiht him. but this new one lookse awsome i so want to get it.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
It's a sick video. I was a couple of trailers and I love it. The only problem is I don't have any Nintendo systems.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I like that Wario is in it, but I still won't buy a Wii. It's not worth it for potentially one game that I'll like.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The original SSB is the best. No doubt. I disliked SSBM when they powered down Kirby. >:( I loved my down+B attack in the original.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Yeah, Wario is in it and one of his attacks is farting.

newBookmarkLockedFalling