Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar
Hitler was the best speaker ever. Period. But I am curious, why do you think Obama is stupid?

I'm not going to bother explaining, people will just attack me anyway

Because the one, single explanation you've given for your opinion was, as Eric put it, a wording mistake. A verbal typo.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
As this topic can stir up many more debates and seems to be quite hot at the moment I will leave it open, with the warning of try to watch the bashing. Its great that you guys are all getting into this so much, I just don't want things going bad in here and having problems being caused.

continue

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
You have given no evidence for your opinion that Obama is stupid aside from him making a wording mistake, which all humans are prone to.

Sure, but when he "swatted the fly" I remember him saying "Thats pretty impressive huh?"

I mean, if your #1 in an interview, #2 the president, #3 in the middle of talking, it really isnt the place to be saying how impressive you are. Not only does it seem self-centered, but its very unprofessional.

That doesn't necessarily make him "stupid", and sure it may be unprofessional, but not so much self-centered. Not everyone can swat and kill a fly, so that is kind of impressive. I give him props.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Hotshot Avatar

That doesn't necessarily make him "stupid", and sure it may be unprofessional, but not so much self-centered. Not everyone can swat and kill a fly, so that is kind of impressive. I give him props.

I didnt say he was stupid for that, and i have never met a person who cannot kill a fly.

With their "BEAR" hands? lol (inside joke I had to say, but the question is still relevant.) Not everyone can kill a fly first swat.

I only stated it doesn't make him stupid because that was your reply to this:

Today at 2:36pm, Eric wrote:

You have given no evidence for your opinion that Obama is stupid aside from him making a wording mistake, which all humans are prone to.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar

Sure, but when he "swatted the fly" I remember him saying "Thats pretty impressive huh?"

I mean, if your #1 in an interview, #2 the president, #3 in the middle of talking, it really isnt the place to be saying how impressive you are. Not only does it seem self-centered, but its very unprofessional.
As I recall, it seemed more like a joke to me. The nature of the situation was pretty light-hearted and I thought the interviewer had mentioned something about the fly before Obama swatted it.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
I think Obama shouldn't have gotten to Nobel Peace Prize because he didn't do a thing to get it. It is fair for the ones that work at it to not get one and him to do nothing and to get one.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

As I recall, it seemed more like a joke to me. The nature of the situation was pretty light-hearted and I thought the interviewer had mentioned something about the fly before Obama swatted it.

I second that. The president isn't allowed to be human anymore or what? "OMG he bragged about swatting a fly during an interview that self-centered asshole!"

No. He made a joke. Because he killed a fly. Just because you didn't find it particularly impressive or funny doesn't make him stupid, or self-centered, or unprofessional.

Last Edit: Oct 13, 2009 0:10:54 GMT by Lucifer

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I second that. The president isn't allowed to be human anymore or what? "OMG he bragged about swatting a fly during an interview that self-centered asshole!"

No. He made a joke. Because he killed a fly. Just because you didn't find it particularly impressive or funny doesn't make him stupid, or self-centered, or unprofessional.

So, if I swatted a fly, said "pretty impressive huh, what do you think?" and then said "i got that sucker, look, zoom in on him"

It IS unprofessional, especially during an interview.
I don't see where you're going with the first part. You never asked a question.

I don't really feel that it's unprofessional. I looked up the video again, and the person doing the interview said, that's a pretty persistent fly (not direct quote). The interviewer made it the topic of attention. To make a light joke about it after killing it shows a sense of humor, not unprofessionalism (totally made up word by me).

I get half of my work by being lighthearted and joking around with potential clients. I am serious when I need to be, but it never hurts to make a joke here and there. It helps to win people over and it's not insulting.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
I don't see where you're going with the first part. You never asked a question.

I don't really feel that it's unprofessional. I looked up the video again, and the person doing the interview said, that's a pretty persistent fly (not direct quote). The interviewer made it the topic of attention. To make a light joke about it after killing it shows a sense of humor, not unprofessionalism (totally made up word by me).

I get half of my work by being lighthearted and joking around with potential clients. I am serious when I need to be, but it never hurts to make a joke here and there. It helps to win people over and it's not insulting.

Maybe, but it can come off as being arrogant.

I don't want to get into this little debate again but... I seriously don't think you know what arrogant means...

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Sorry, but I found that hilarious. :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
iiPod Avatar
Sorry, but I found that hilarious. :P

What hilarious? :o

Perhaps the fact that you were ignorant about what word to use. =P

And I don't see how that makes him ignorant. He's lacking knowledge because he made a joke (not even really a "joke") about killing a fly? Seriously, if anyone else did that, you wouldn't think twice. You'd be all, "Hahaha, McCain is so funny. He was in a POW camp and now he killed a fly on camera. What a badass!" But because it's a president you hate, you're just grasping at straws for excuses to hate and insult him.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I have a few thoughts

1. I, for one, consider bashing obama for "not being american" is racist as fuck, and seriously, you need to punch yourself in the mouth for even thinking that, nevermind saying it.

2. take. a. fucking. joke. He squshed a fly. big fucking deal. If you really get that upset about him boasting about killing a fly, maybe its because you have yet to suceed in that task. just sayin.

3. If you joined to talk to designers, then why are you still arguing? seriously. why.
k

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I could really care less if you think im an idiot because i dont love "Mr. Perfect Obama" it doesnt mean im an idiot, but you sir, obviously are if you think everyone is that doesnt like some african thats running AMERICA.

I was refering to that, not your unbacked hatred of obama.

Maybe yous hould try thinking before posting.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Maybe you should try thinking before posting.

Yes, I should. But I believe everyone should. I also hope you all know this is purely opinion.

But, I personally don't think a non-american should be running america. It doesnt matter if he's black, asian, mexican, canadian, british, etc. (Mostly non-white ones though, beings its hard to tell a canadian from an american)

Canadian

American

I can tell the difference. :P

Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009 2:47:37 GMT by Josh

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Maybe you should try thinking before posting.

Yes, I should. But I believe everyone should. I also hope you all know this is purely opinion.

But, I personally don't think a non-american should be running america. It doesnt matter if he's black, asian, mexican, canadian, british, etc. (Mostly non-white ones though, beings its hard to tell a canadian from an american)
He's an American citizen. How is he non-American? Even soldiers and their wives have children over seas, are those children not considered American?

Also, from what I have seen, he was born in Hawaii, which is very much part of America. I have yet to see a LEGITIMATE source that indicates that he was born in Kenya. Even google searching the only sites I find that have anything relating to that are completely biased against him with tons of other Obama conspiracy theories (such as him being a terrorist).

Of course, that's not even where I really should be going with this. Who cares if he's from another country? He spent the majority of his life here, grew up here, and as far as I'm concerned he is just as entitled as anyone else to try to change the country for what he believes is better.

newBookmarkLockedFalling