Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
bush?

hmm. lets see. 2 wars, billions of dollars of debt, and a recession.

you tell me.

..and Obama is projected to have the debt being raised to $23.1T, as opposed to it's current $6T, by the end of his likely 8 years.

The recession isn't something Bush could've stopped. Maybe made a little bit better, but there's nothing anyone could've done. The economy goes through natural cycles that nobody has control over.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar
bush?

you tell me.

Two wars? Only thought there was one, plus, when another country attacks you, you just let them continue, or take care of them?

Debt has always been here, stop blaming a president just because you dont like him (hmm, sounds familiar)

We were never attacked by a country. We were attacked by a group of people from many different countries. We are currently at war with Afghanistan, Iraq, and, as of this week, Fox News. We may also see a war with Iran during Obama's Presidency. But, thing is, Bush did put us into two separate and very bloody wars.

Also, Fredy, please stop blaming the debt on Bush. Clinton handed him a shitty economy. We were slipping into a recession when he left office and then 9/11 happened. That really did not help things in the long run. Add in two costly wars and the debt was bound to go up. But, as James said, Obama could very easily triple the national debt by the end of his two terms, if he is in office that long. Today's debt means absolutely nothing. It will never get paid back, it's just a number. No country will ever pay back their debts simply because it is too much. They will only pay back the debt by taking out more loans.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 15, 2009 10:48:30 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
50,000 more troops, real peaceful...

^ This. Although he's still deciding....
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Jim Avatar
..and Obama is projected to have the debt being raised to $23.1T, as opposed to it's current $6T, by the end of his likely 8 years.

I'd like to see some sources on that. Especially because I guarantee the deficit is much more than $6 trillian right now, and all the research I've done projects Obama to add $2 trillian, not 23.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's at $12 trillion right now ($6 trillion public, though) and Obama is expected to have it up to $16 trillion before his first term is over. That's the conservative estimate, other estimates have it pegged at being much higher.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

Last Edit: Oct 15, 2009 22:14:36 GMT by Josh

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Benjamin Avatar
Jim Avatar

I'd like to see some sources on that. Especially because I guarantee the deficit is much more than $6 trillian right now, and all the research I've done projects Obama to add $2 trillian, not 23.

I'm talking just public debt. The reason I chose that is because by the end of two terms it's projected public and national will be the same, of $23T.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar
bush?

you tell me.

Two wars? Only thought there was one, plus, when another country attacks you, you just let them continue, or take care of them?

So much wrong with that. The "war on terror" was nothing more than a publicity stunt, for lack of a better term. There was nothing that could've been done about 9/11 before or after it happened. We should've ignored it altogether. We still don't know who attacked us (Bin Laden never admitted it; translations were skewed and changed his stance from condoning and supporting the attacks to him taking credit). So this was is entirely Bush's fault. ENTIRELY.

Let me know if you don't understand.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

So much wrong with that. The "war on terror" was nothing more than a publicity stunt, for lack of a better term. There was nothing that could've been done about 9/11 before or after it happened. We should've ignored it altogether. We still don't know who attacked us (Bin Laden never admitted it; translations were skewed and changed his stance from condoning and supporting the attacks to him taking credit). So this was is entirely Bush's fault. ENTIRELY.

Let me know if you don't understand.

If someone bombed my country, id defend myself.

As I just said, we don't know who bombed us, so who do we defend ourselves against?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
All we know is that they were terrorists and were Middle Eastern. We don't know who specifically, though. So declaring war on a specific country was wrong. We should and have to protect ourselves but declaring war on a country (they can say it was a War On Terror but it was a War on Afghanistan) in this case is irresponsible.

And, besides, no one has EVER won a war against Afghanistan. Afghanistan managed to defeat the Soviet fucking Union. When Genghis Khan was conquering the world (he was arguably the greatest conqueror to ever walk this Earth and created one hell of an empire), he went around Afghanistan. He knew he couldn't conquer it. So why did we go there? It's a lose-lose situation.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
All we know is that they were terrorists and were Middle Eastern. We don't know who specifically, though. So declaring war on a specific country was wrong. We should and have to protect ourselves but declaring war on a country (they can say it was a War On Terror but it was a War on Afghanistan) in this case is irresponsible.

And, besides, no one has EVER won a war against Afghanistan. Afghanistan managed to defeat the Soviet fucking Union. When Genghis Khan was conquering the world (he was arguably the greatest conqueror to ever walk this Earth and created one hell of an empire), he went around Afghanistan. He knew he couldn't conquer it. So why did we go there? It's a lose-lose situation.

Two things:
1. Afghanistan won because we HELPED them and provided weapons.
2. Genghis Khan is THE greatest conquerer. There is no argumnt. ;)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Just wondering, what happens when a country loses a war, and how do you know when you did

I don't understand the relevance of that to this topic.

But generally, wars are determined won or lost when one side gives up, surrenders, retreats, etc. We retreated from Vietnam and Japan surrendered in WWII, for example(s).

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

But generally, wars are determined won or lost when one side gives up, surrenders, retreats, etc. We retreated from Vietnam and Japan surrendered in WWII, for example(s).

you were talking about Afghanistan never losing. So actually, they never give up, is what you are saying?

They never have to. Their opponents always do.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

you were talking about Afghanistan never losing. So actually, they never give up, is what you are saying?

I never said they don't lose. Ever. That was Josh.

But I know what you're saying, and that's one way of putting it. "Losing" is essentially "giving up", but that's because the real world doesn't have a timer or a scoreboard or a final level. War isn't a game, so it's only over when at least one side agrees to back down, whether it's the aggressor or the defender.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I never said they don't lose. Ever. That was Josh.

But I know what you're saying, and that's one way of putting it. "Losing" is essentially "giving up", but that's because the real world doesn't have a timer or a scoreboard or a final level. War isn't a game, so it's only over when at least one side agrees to back down, whether it's the aggressor or the defender.

So basically, either everyone in the country dies, or they give up?

Yes, that is literally how every single war in history has ended.

newBookmarkLockedFalling