Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
He's an American citizen. How is he non-American? Even soldiers and their wives have children over seas, are those children not considered American?

Also, from what I have seen, he was born in Hawaii, which is very much part of America. I have yet to see a LEGITIMATE source that indicates that he was born in Kenya. Even google searching the only sites I find that have anything relating to that are completely biased against him with tons of other Obama conspiracy theories (such as him being a terrorist).

Of course, that's not even where I really should be going with this. Who cares if he's from another country? He spent the majority of his life here, grew up here, and as far as I'm concerned he is just as entitled as anyone else to try to change the country for what he believes is better.

I have yet to find a legitimate source/picture proving he was born in Hawaii or Africa.

I just feel that an American President, should be American, or at least mostly. Just like a African President should be African, and a Mexican President should be Mexican.

How is he not American, though?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
He's an American citizen. How is he non-American? Even soldiers and their wives have children over seas, are those children not considered American?

Also, from what I have seen, he was born in Hawaii, which is very much part of America. I have yet to see a LEGITIMATE source that indicates that he was born in Kenya. Even google searching the only sites I find that have anything relating to that are completely biased against him with tons of other Obama conspiracy theories (such as him being a terrorist).

Of course, that's not even where I really should be going with this. Who cares if he's from another country? He spent the majority of his life here, grew up here, and as far as I'm concerned he is just as entitled as anyone else to try to change the country for what he believes is better.

I have yet to find a legitimate source/picture proving he was born in Hawaii or Africa.

I just feel that an American President, should be American, or at least mostly. Just like a African President should be African, and a Mexican President should be Mexican.

I betcha you couldn't find any more credible of a source proving anyone else as famous as him was born where they say they were.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar

He's lived in America essentially his entire life. I'm not seeing the issue here. No matter where he was born, he is an American child because his mom was an American.

www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-27-obama-hawaii_N.htm

Your reason for not liking him has gone from him being ignorant to him being arrogant to him being non-American.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

He's lived in America essentially his entire life. I'm not seeing the issue here. No matter where he was born, he is an American child because his mom was an American.

Your reason for not liking him has gone from him being ignorant to him being arrogant to him being non-American.

I hate arguing against the side I am on, but to run for President, you have to be a natural born citizen. Meaning you have to be born in the United States or on a United States military base/embassy/consulate/what have you. His mother being an American does not make him eligible to run for President.

Granted, I don't think he isn't an American. I think the whole "born in Africa" thing is a bunch of bullshit made up by the extreme right to harm his image during the election. He has provided some form of identification that he was born in Hawaii, but now those same people want another form of proof. And I bet that, if he gives into their wishes, they'll want another. And another. And another.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
His mother being an American does not make him eligible to run for President.

Thing is, if his dad was American, it does not make him American. His mother being American does, however. Someone can be born without their father present. If his mother is American, he'll be born wherever she is at the time, which is likely to be in America.

Not saying that an American mother guarantees an American-born child, but it's FAR more likely.

As for Obama being born in Africa and being a terrorist, that just sounds like the drunken ramblings of right-wing, racist trash.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar
His mother being an American does not make him eligible to run for President.

Thing is, if his dad was American, it does not make him American. His mother being American does, however. Someone can be born without their father present. If his mother is American, he'll be born wherever she is at the time, which is likely to be in America.

Not saying that an American mother guarantees an American-born child, but it's FAR more likely.

As for Obama being born in Africa and being a terrorist, that just sounds like the drunken ramblings of right-wing, racist trash.

I know this. But, as you said, where his mother is from has absolutely no bearing on where she was when he was born. His mother's citizenry has absolutely no bearing on if he can run for President or not. Period.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I know this. But, as you said, where his mother is from has absolutely no bearing on where she was when he was born. His mother's citizenry has absolutely no bearing on if he can run for President or not. Period.

Well...yes, but my point was that I think Eric perhaps used her as an example because it's very likely that he would be American born if he has an American mother. That's all.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It is likely, but not definitive. It's a weak argument. (Again, and I cannot stress this enough, I do believe he is American. I just think that saying his mother is American, so he likely is too incredibly weak.)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
It is likely, but not definitive. It's a weak argument. (Again, and I cannot stress this enough, I do believe he is American. I just think that saying his mother is American, so he likely is too incredibly weak.)

Yeah, I get what you're saying.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
But... even white American's are of, generally, European descent. Often just a few generations back to early 20th century. If we want a true American PResident, it has to be a Native American...

EDIT: And even then... they're Asian and, further back, African. We're all African. I just don't understand why this matters. *shrugs*

Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009 11:25:26 GMT by Josh

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar
I never said he was or wasnt born in Africa. Also, he's part African RIGHT? I would just think we would have a white American for our president.

Seriously, why the hell do you keep coming back to this? We've already established (several times) that he's an American citizen, therefore he's an American. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER HE IS PART AFRICAN OR NOT.

In America, we fucking pride ourselves on our cultural diversities that have been established over generations and generations of immigration. We have ethnicities in this country that you've never even heard of. By making a statement like that, you're disregarding the principles that America was founded on.

Obama has done more for this country than a lot of the other presidents did in their whole entire presidency. You may not agree with the things he's done, but you definitely can't deny that he HAS done things. I don't give a shit if you're racist or not, but if you cannot accept the fact that we DO have a non-white president, you've got bigger problems than this thread.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
Eric Avatar

I hate arguing against the side I am on, but to run for President, you have to be a natural born citizen. Meaning you have to be born in the United States or on a United States military base/embassy/consulate/what have you. His mother being an American does not make him eligible to run for President.

Actually that's not entirely accurate. The phrase natural born has been reinterpreted over many years.
Read:
www.brianwilliamslaw.com/lawyer-attorney-5365F1DF-5EEB-4DC0-BD003808196CBB9E.html
and:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_born_citizen_of_the_United_States

My argument was valid.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
Josh Avatar

Actually that's not entirely accurate. The phrase natural born has been reinterpreted over many years.
Read:
www.brianwilliamslaw.com/lawyer-attorney-5365F1DF-5EEB-4DC0-BD003808196CBB9E.html
and:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_born_citizen_of_the_United_States

My argument was valid.

The first link mentions nothing of natural born citizens or the Presidency. The second link... idk. Too much to read. I'm scanning through it and seeing a bunch of court cases and a list of Presidents that had their natural born status questioned (each of which is for being born outside the US). As far as I can tell, "natural born citizen" means exactly the same thing that it always has from a legal standpoint: You must have been born in the US, on US controlled land such as a military base, consulate, or embassy, or in US territory.

There have been bills submitted in recent times to ammend this so that the Governator could run for President. In that case, you would have to be a naturalized citizen for at least 20 years.

But, as it stands today, being a US citizen through your parents' citizenry status only, makes you ineligible for running for the President.

Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009 14:07:54 GMT by Josh

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
What's a betch? :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Benjamin Avatar
you've got bigger problems than this thread.

LOL.

And honestly, What has he done? I really don't know. And im not being a betch

The first part of his health care bill passed the Senate yesterday. That count?

newBookmarkLockedFalling