Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, as I'm sure most people can tell, activity's a bit slow again. Tis life I suppose... but I figured I'd check in and see what's up with everyone? What's keeping everyone busy? Anyone doing anything fun or exciting recently? Working on interesting projects? You know, just a bit of general discussion for everyone. :P

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, I noticed that. I was gonna create one of these here threads too.

Relentless eBay shopping, scouring archives, public records, electoral registers and pretty much absorbing Wikipedia - Yes, I am a student - oh what fun.

I finally got round to "learning" to drive which will probably come in handy.

lurk moar

lurk moar Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
olympics

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 20, 2010 8:13:27 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Yeah, I noticed that. I was gonna create one of these here threads too.

Relentless eBay shopping, scouring archives, public records, electoral registers and pretty much absorbing Wikipedia - Yes, I am a student - oh what fun.

I finally got round to "learning" to drive which will probably come in handy.

These threads are needed every once in a while, so yeah. :P And since you're a student, what're you studying? o.O I should know this, but I don't for some reason. Somehow I think it involves law given past incidents. :P And yeah, learning to drive is pretty helpful, even if there's good transportation.

Foolish Canadians and their silly winter Olympics.... which events have you been watching? :P

newfieldgrafix
Here's the funny thing; to hell if I know.

Not Law though, I hate Law. I babble about it because a lot of m friends are in the "firm". So I pick up bits, improvise here.

I'm pre-enrollment at University. I almost started a BSc Hons in IT, but considering how much the EU has raped England's Computer Industry, I left it and got rutted for 6 months. I'm currently thinking either Forensics or Medicine.

It's not for any career though, it's for my visa the hell outta' here...

So, 'sup?

Last Edit: Feb 20, 2010 19:09:56 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Parents. Ugh.... I could be on and active more then I am, but I figure I should probably play it safe for awhile and just go on email, facebook, and RP sites (my mom's fine with that, surprisingly....). School.... Trying to filter out the comments my parents make that either bug the crap out of me or bring me down. Online trig class because the college I'm going to next year, their gen. ed requirements for math are calc. 1 and calc. 2, which means that I have to take trig and pre-calc before next year if I don't want to have to go for five years, or summer session for 2/3/maybe four summers. So, with that said, who's good at trig.? Because online math classes apparently do NOT work for me, and I really don't want to have to take it again this summer, because that would mean I'd be taking trig and pre-calc at the same time, and I don't like math, I used to like it and was really, really, really good at it, but, oh yeah, that was before fifth grade, before my teacher for math in fifth grade ruined me in it. And I'm thinking my best bet to actually pass it, with a b, because parents will make me take it if I get a c, is getting help from friends.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 20, 2010 19:08:24 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Here's the funny thing; to hell if I know.

Not Law though, I hate Law. I babble about it because a lot of m friends are in the "firm". So I pick up bits, improvise here.

I'm pre-enrollment at University. I almost started a BSc Hons in IT, but considering how much the EU has raped England's Computer Industry, I left it and got rutted for 6 months. I'm currently thinking either Forensics or Medicine.

It's not for any career though, it's for my visa the hell outta' here...

So, 'sup?

Fair enough. :P I just figured that with all these legal issues with your ISP that you might be studying it. Forensics and medicine would be two decent fields to look at, though they seem fairly specific... then again, I'm just used to how a major in America tends to be fairly general. What do you think you'd do as a career though once you get your visa? And where were you thinking of heading? America?

Aryna Avatar
Parents. Ugh.... I could be on and active more then I am, but I figure I should probably play it safe for awhile and just go on email, facebook, and RP sites (my mom's fine with that, surprisingly....). School.... Trying to filter out the comments my parents make that either bug the crap out of me or bring me down. Online trig class because the college I'm going to next year, their gen. ed requirements for math are calc. 1 and calc. 2, which means that I have to take trig and pre-calc before next year if I don't want to have to go for five years, or summer session for 2/3/maybe four summers. So, with that said, who's good at trig.? Because online math classes apparently do NOT work for me, and I really don't want to have to take it again this summer, because that would mean I'd be taking trig and pre-calc at the same time, and I don't like math, I used to like it and was really, really, really good at it, but, oh yeah, that was before fifth grade, before my teacher for math in fifth grade ruined me in it. And I'm thinking my best bet to actually pass it, with a b, because parents will make me take it if I get a c, is getting help from friends.

I can try to help if you want. :P Haven't done a whole lot with trig recently outside of calculus, but it can't hurt depending on what you're doing. (Drop me a PM if you want help.) And I'm surprised you have a separate trig and pre-calc class... everywhere else I've seen has the two grouped together as just pre-calc or as "Analysis" (which is what my school did.)

But yeah, parents can be strict, but they're looking out for your best interest. :P And you don't have to make an excuse for not being online... I'm not yelling at anyone, I'm just curious as to what the members and staff are up to with their lives, since I've grown apart from the actives recently. It's a shame.

Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010 0:16:40 GMT by Chris

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I've been working on something special... playing Knytt Stories and other games by the same creator... working on my DS... getting really caught up in school (tonnes of assignments)... taking care of my dog and working on another Flash game.

newfieldgrafix
Teaching English in Japan, for maybe 2 years, then move out to California. Te degree's just for the visa, to Japan. I might actually use it in the US. But in all honesty, I don't know.

Anyways, Chris; what are you studying at MIT? - I still have no idea.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I haven't been posting much on here because of... Avatar. Yep. A week and a half and I watched all 65 or so episodes. :P Lame, I know

newfieldgrafix
Josh Avatar
I haven't been posting much on here because of... Avatar. Yep. A week and a half and I watched all 65 or so episodes. :P Lame, I know

Erm yeah, Don't make me switch back to Chris's side :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar

Last Airbender I assume and not the blue-alien movie? :P

Zell: That sounds like it could be fun actually. :P Are you fluent in Japanese yet?

And I'm pretty much doing my general requirements right now... Studying Differential Equations, E&M Physics, Intro to Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), and then Writing about Literature, since we have required english classes. :P I'll be studying either EECS or CS for my main degree and I may double major in Business Management... I also may minor in Math, but those last two are still up in the air. :P But that's life.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yes. :P Avatar: The Last Airbender is one hell of a tv show. :P

newfieldgrafix
Chris Avatar
Zell: That sounds like it could be fun actually. :P Are you fluent in Japanese yet?

はいクリスさんです。

Actually, that's a complete lie, but I know enough to compile a basic sentence. I still in the ”馬鹿外人” category though...

So, you got anything in the career lines yet or are you still working on it?

Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010 19:35:06 GMT by newfieldgrafix

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Josh Avatar

I'm still searching for a site to watch it online at. :P I've finished book 3 I think...

Sorry, I know, I lurk here. I don't really post, I just make threads and reply in the 'Personal Showcase' board, I'm trying to post more though. :)
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newBookmarkLockedFalling