Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
fredy said:
I'm agreeing with Lucifer(for once) in the rantingness. You people think you can come to a celebration thread and post long posts criticizing the great work for Joe and Chris because you can't do something as good as them?

Instead of ranting, go try and make something better.

Its only opinions fredy! :P

(and I'll tell u a secret - EVERYONE is JEALOUS, whether they admit it or not!! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!) :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Thats what I'm getting at. Their "expressing their opinions" cause their jealous.
k

Th£ ÎñFïNîTE™

Th£ ÎñFïNîTE™ Avatar

July 2006
fredy said:
Thats what I'm getting at. Their "expressing their opinions" cause their jealous.

I really don't see the point. Everyone's just saying how amazing the skin is. I don't think it's anything other than that, really. :P Obviously, everyone wishes they could do something as cool as this.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I'm sick of people saying "oh joe did bad on this" and "You should have done this" and stuff. STFU AND ENJOY THE SKIN.

ps: If i'm bitchy, it's cause I'm tired :P
k

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Its ok Fredy!! This is THE best Proboards Skin and Forum ever. Period. Enjoy

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P I'm in a ranty mood :P lol
k

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
You're always in a ranty mood :P

I was wondering --- Could this perhaps be THE BEST SKIN ever in Proboards (I mean compared to all previous versions of all the big forums out there)???

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
slipstream said:
You're always in a ranty mood :P

I was wondering --- Could this perhaps be THE BEST SKIN ever in Proboards (I mean compared to all previous versions of all the big forums out there)???

In my opinion, it is (rivalled only by ZDv2.5 and SSDv3). But, that's just it--it's all about opinion. I hear some people actually like vector skins, so they obviously would not find this one appealing. I, for one, have always been a fan of blue, been a fan of dark, been a fan of gloss, been a fan of tech, and been a fan of Joe's style of designing. Naturally, I love this skin.

Completely off topic:

:: rate 0 ::
:: rate 1 ::
:: rate 2 ::
:: rate 3 ::
:: rate 4 ::
:: rate 5 ::

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Honestly I love it. I am shocked how much coding there is and how fast it loads. I'm sure there is a clever trick behind that won't be revealed for a while. It's very very nice. It probably couldn't have been done much better.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

crenstelon.

crenstelon. Avatar
Cren Monster!

August 2005
Great work on this version guys. It's another step forward for proboards. The concept of this amazes me!

Oracle

Oracle Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2006
This is just pure perfection. Amazing job Team Zero! :)
I liked the v1 smilies better though. :(

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
It's not that I don't like the skin... I think it is really good. I just don't like any skin that has a dark theme. I think that SoCal has a nice skin, but again, I like the light themes.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Fredy, in my opinion, you and Lucifer are the ones ranting. :P

Now if I can get in my 2-cents worth, the graphics and coding are top-quality and the forum loads remarkably fast. And this is by far one of the cleanest, most effective layouts i've ever seen. I just don't know what to think of the welcome table. Seems a bit busy and the wire-effect doesn't seem to be anywhere BUT in the welcome table.

Anyway, we all have our own tastes, no one is ever going to love everything about anything...great work, i'm impressed, i'm in shock, i'm in love. ;)

Last Edit: Feb 3, 2007 14:36:24 GMT by Aaron

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Fredy, I don't want to be cruel, but don't trash 'em. Those who don't like the skin are entitled to their own opinions. Now, the suggestions they're throwing out are out of place, as they should be in the Feedback board, yes, but they are allowed to feel how they want about the skin. :P

Moose - Pssh. Just check the source, it isn't anything special.

morgoth

morgoth Avatar

December 2005
Very good work guys. The menu buttons were the first thing I saw, and I don't think they fit in as well with the skin, so at first I was unsure. But I'm loving the sheer volume of changes to the default layout, the profiles, rank images, etc. The coding is brilliant, so much has been changed; I've never seen a skin so different to the default.

Graphics are also very nice. There seems something of an incoherency between some being glassy, some being pixelly etc; I personally prefer the former.

Overall, brilliant. It stands up there with SSDv3 and ZDv2 in the amount of boundries it breaks. Well done.

:: rate 5 ::

newBookmarkLockedFalling