Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
lucifer said:
Alright, time for me to share my opinion: ya'll don't know what you're talking about. Graphically, this forum is superior to any other out there. Seriously, there is no forum that is so graphic heavy and has the amount of details that every one of the images here has.

That's true. But you can't deny that there ARE a lot of parts that were done in a rush and doesn't match the quality images in this layout at all (or maybe they were done by someone else :P). Still, I agree that this forum is graphically and codingwisely superior to any other PB forum I've seen so far.

Last Edit: Feb 3, 2007 17:28:58 GMT by Ovi

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
ovi said:
lucifer said:
Alright, time for me to share my opinion: ya'll don't know what you're talking about. Graphically, this forum is superior to any other out there. Seriously, there is no forum that is so graphic heavy and has the amount of details that every one of the images here has.

That's true. But you can't deny that there ARE a lot of parts that were done in a rush and doesn't match the quality images in this layout at all (or maybe they were done by someone else :P). Still, I agree that this forum is graphically and codingwisely superior to any other PB forum I've seen so far.

Only thing that was done last minute was the name colors. :P

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Chris, you and Joe have outdone yourselves!! *Bows to Chris and Joe*

I don't know if I want to challenge Joe now... :-X

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
lucifer said:
Go figure, everyone is quick to criticize. =/

Alright, time for me to share my opinion: ya'll don't know what you're talking about. Graphically, this forum is superior to any other out there. Seriously, there is no forum that is so graphic heavy and has the amount of details that every one of the images here has. Coding wise, SZ is arguably the most efficiently coded forum on ProBoards. It may not be the fastest, but considering that it's lugging along 2 extra skins which are both coded heavier than most forums today, it's pretty fucking good.

Honestly, I can understand if you guys think Chris and Joe could've done better. Really, maybe they could've, but not in the amount of time they had (especially with Joe's school issues). But to say that this place is just "good" is ridiculous. Find me a forum that can match this. Really, I dare you to. Have you even looked around? A completely revamped posting section, custom codes up the ass, a totally innovative menu, and enough design precision to knock the socks off of the greatest designers around. I see a lot of you nit-pick which is good for a forum, don't get me wrong, but you guys seem like you're just criticizing for the sake of criticizing.

I see unique so far that catch my eye are the posting area, and the menu, both of which have been done.

Where has this ever been done on ProBoards? You have to remember that ProBoards has a TON of restrictions. Plus, how much do you honestly expect to be done without completely bogging down the board with useless and impractical features which nobody wants? We could turn the Info Center upside down, move the mini profile to the very right of the forum, and make everyone's usernames sparkle, but I really doubt that you guys would like it.

Sorry for ranting. I know I'm hardly anyone to be mad since I didn't actually do any "real" work on this skin, but as a member since the beginning and avid ProBoards design forum member, I can safely say that I'm somewhat offended at things being said. Again, you guys didn't directly insult the forum and criticizing is always good (a lot of suggestions still have yet to be implemented from the Beta Testers as a matter o' fact), but you're not just suggesting anything. You're saying that "this is overdone" or "this sucks" or "couldn't you have done better on this"? Some of you just act like you don't appreciate all the work that went into this version.

I did the menu for DD1 v2, and David did to for SC v2. ;) Both of which, IMO were more efficient than this. As for the posting area, obviously nobody has done it exactly, but it has been matched by certain forums which I'd rather not mention due to secrecy.

I'm not saying the design is bad - it's easily the best out there right now. But there are so many things it has, it's impossible for all things to be right.

I sense a tad bit of pride rising from this.

Nomski

Nomski Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
I just had to stop by and say Joe I have been your friend for many years and iI wish you the best in your future. You better come o msn and chat or else I'll get Fr. Jack after you :P. Now as for the skin I would like to just say it's awesome, "Awesome to the Max". The time and effort put into this skin far exceeds any others I have seen to this date, honestly I can say this is the best skin I have seen. :-*
:: rate 5 ::

dreamseeker
It's pretty nice. I'm not sure I like the grey... but it's nice. :)

wilsiakk

wilsiakk Avatar
Thanks for the avatar Lucifer!

December 2006
lucifer said:
Go figure, everyone is quick to criticize. =/

Alright, time for me to share my opinion: ya'll don't know what you're talking about. Graphically, this forum is superior to any other out there. Seriously, there is no forum that is so graphic heavy and has the amount of details that every one of the images here has. Coding wise, SZ is arguably the most efficiently coded forum on ProBoards. It may not be the fastest, but considering that it's lugging along 2 extra skins which are both coded heavier than most forums today, it's pretty fucking good.

Honestly, I can understand if you guys think Chris and Joe could've done better. Really, maybe they could've, but not in the amount of time they had (especially with Joe's school issues). But to say that this place is just "good" is ridiculous. Find me a forum that can match this. Really, I dare you to. Have you even looked around? A completely revamped posting section, custom codes up the ass, a totally innovative menu, and enough design precision to knock the socks off of the greatest designers around. I see a lot of you nit-pick which is good for a forum, don't get me wrong, but you guys seem like you're just criticizing for the sake of criticizing.

I see unique so far that catch my eye are the posting area, and the menu, both of which have been done.

Where has this ever been done on ProBoards? You have to remember that ProBoards has a TON of restrictions. Plus, how much do you honestly expect to be done without completely bogging down the board with useless and impractical features which nobody wants? We could turn the Info Center upside down, move the mini profile to the very right of the forum, and make everyone's usernames sparkle, but I really doubt that you guys would like it.

Sorry for ranting. I know I'm hardly anyone to be mad since I didn't actually do any "real" work on this skin, but as a member since the beginning and avid ProBoards design forum member, I can safely say that I'm somewhat offended at things being said. Again, you guys didn't directly insult the forum and criticizing is always good (a lot of suggestions still have yet to be implemented from the Beta Testers as a matter o' fact), but you're not just suggesting anything. You're saying that "this is overdone" or "this sucks" or "couldn't you have done better on this"? Some of you just act like you don't appreciate all the work that went into this version.

I think you are horribly mistaken. Sure the coding is amazing, but what do you expect from the best coding forum since Socals glory days? The images aren't even that amazing. Anyone with a basic knowledge of a designing program, and hundreds of codes could create this skin. It seems like you guys spent way too much time trying to customize every single aspect of this forum, that it doesn't even seem like a Proboards forum anymore. I'll admit, a few things are nice, such as the posting mod, and minipro and whatnot, but not as good as you are making it out to be.

A new color would also be nice. :: rate 2 ::

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I have basic knowledge of photoshop, but i could NEVER create this.

For the LAST TIME. THE FEEDBACK BOARD IS THERE FOR A REASON. This thread is for GOOD remarks, not critique.

SO STFU ALREADY.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
You're obviously just jealous. I don't care who you are, there is no denying that this is one of the best ProBoards skins out there. To say it's just "getting there" shows you know nothing of design. I guess that's what we get for not following the simple vector trends. =/

Whatever. If you guys want to critisize or give your suggestions, do so in an appropriate manner in the appropriate board. Stop disrespecting all of the hard work put into this forum.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Hey Luci, Fredy, and all others: Thanks for standing up for us. But really, everyone is entitled to their own opnions, whether it is bad or good about the new version. It's really hard to please everyone with this monolith project which Chris and I have been doing, so we're really thankful for many of the postitive comments and feedback that Studio Zero has been recieving.

So please, don't hammer each other too much, I'd hate to see this celebration thread turned into a flame war. :(
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

wilsiakk

wilsiakk Avatar
Thanks for the avatar Lucifer!

December 2006
lucifer said:
You're obviously just jealous. I don't care who you are, there is no denying that this is one of the best ProBoards skins out there. To say it's just "getting there" shows you know nothing of design. I guess that's what we get for not following the simple vector trends. =/

Whatever. If you guys want to critisize or give your suggestions, do so in an appropriate manner in the appropriate board. Stop disrespecting all of the hard work put into this forum.

The coding without a doubt is the best there is, the images are pretty good, but a good scheme could have made them even better. I think you meant to spell criticize, and I'm not disrespecting, I'm stating my opinion.

Wasn't it you who came to Dx5 the other day and bashed all of our staff members for, and I quote "not taking members feedback and suggestions?"

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Alright, just be done in this thread. I said you are more than welcome to post your feedback in the appropriate manner and appropriate board. This is not it.

And yes, I did mean criticize. It was a mere typo.

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
lucifer said:

I am not jealous at all. I don't have a forum to compete with SZ, nor did I ever claim to be a good designer myself. I was NOT trying to hammer down the hard work put forth by the staff in here. What I was trying to say is that there should always be room for improvement (there always is, nothing is perfect). nvm, I thought you were talking about me :P

wilsiakk said:
I think you are horribly mistaken. Sure the coding is amazing, but what do you expect from the best coding forum since Socals glory days? The images aren't even that amazing. Anyone with a basic knowledge of a designing program, and hundreds of codes could create this skin. It seems like you guys spent way too much time trying to customize every single aspect of this forum, that it doesn't even seem like a Proboards forum anymore. I'll admit, a few things are nice, such as the posting mod, and minipro and whatnot, but not as good as you are making it out to be.

A new color would also be nice.

No offence wilsiakk, but you make me rofl. I have more than basic knowledge about PS and there are some parts here that I would have to bust my ass to create. And, what's the problem with this forum not seeming like a PB forum anymore? If you want a forum that seems-like-a-PB-forum, I would suggest you keep the "Welcome x, you have y messages" in the next time you create a forum; and don't use any codes at all :P

virtuoso said:
But there are so many things it has, it's impossible for all things to be right.

It always is, mate.

Last Edit: Feb 4, 2007 0:23:23 GMT by Ovi

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Wow. You have a problem with it being non-PB. Have you realized how unpopular PB is compared to IF, VBullutein, or even phpBB? This forum is revolutionary in the aspect of coding. I've never seen anything like this in PB, and probably won't for some time (PBv6). Yet here, you're having a problem with it.

Wait a minute? The images aren't amazing? You're right, they're even beyond that. You obviously don't understand the difference between the fundamentals of a graphics designing program and what could take a long session of practice and months of work.

I can see why you won't use the new features, but I don't see why you rather have them not be there.

Lastly, a new color?

SZ= Blue

urbancinderella

urbancinderella Avatar
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

Official Member

August 2005
Very nice job everyone. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling