Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
What would you guys like to expect from V2? Trendawhore? Hardcore design? Or a mixture of both?

I'm looking for useful features for both coding and graphics...how can the graphics be improved for szv2? What are you looking forward to the next version?

Team studio values all member's suggestions, and we want to make it so that you can enjoy this place to the fullest!

;)

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
I do have suggestions, but I can't remember them all at once. Instead, I'll just reply with whatever comes to mind.

One thing I'd like to see is more color coordination. I see some teal with blue as well as some colors that don't necessarily match. It's a bit, unprofessional (in my opinion). Perhaps sticking with similar colors (not different shades) would help keep the look uniform.

As for a unique design, I'd say go with a professional and simplistic design with some trendwhore-ish aspects (nut make it subtle). You could also incorporate some elements from IPB and phpBB forums here but still keep loading speeds fast.

As a conclusion to this post, I'd say keep with good loading speeds, not overly focused on graphics, and up the amount of resources available, no matter how simple.

:)

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
eichi said:
I do have suggestions, but I can't remember them all at once. Instead, I'll just reply with whatever comes to mind.

One thing I'd like to see is more color coordination. I see some teal with blue as well as some colors that don't necessarily match. It's a bit, unprofessional (in my opinion). Perhaps sticking with similar colors (not different shades) would help keep the look uniform.

As for a unique design, I'd say go with a professional and simplistic design with some trendwhore-ish aspects (nut make it subtle). You could also incorporate some elements from IPB and phpBB forums here but still keep loading speeds fast.

As a conclusion to this post, I'd say keep with good loading speeds, not overly focused on graphics, and up the amount of resources available, no matter how simple.

It is true...We can go for a all white forum if you're looking foward to that "colour co-odination"

So you're saying is to focus more on loading speed and the amount of resources right?

:D

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Do not go for a "version 2", anytime soon. Wait at least 2 years or more.
Making so many versions every so many months is such Proboardish :P. Try being more profressional and keep this skin for a long while.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
TWO YEARS! Are you going insane as well as crazy! (He knows I'm playing around)

Look at SSD, they have only been up for a little over 2 years, and are in their 5th version!

I say maybe like another couple to few months, but not 2 years!

Then again this is just my opinion.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Stop looking at SSD and other proboards designs sites, start looking at reality and more professional designs site.
They do not go and change their skin every 3/4 months.

And i assume SSD knows this and is doing the same, that's why V5 has stayed for so long.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Perhaps just a few simple changes, that would be more than enough for a design forum ;)
I agree with crazyj on this one, big websites such as spoono and ZD have realised this already.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I understand that one.

But still, 2 years? That still seems a bit too long.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, but see, we're taking ideas now for a special project. :P And it'll take 2-3 monthes to make the graphics perfect, to recode everything, and optimize the coding. :P

tech

tech Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
ill help ^^ lol buttttttttt ya my adivice would be have a combination of styles... ive looked around at a lot of proboards (just got back on them...getting familiar again) and it seems everyone is stuck on one style for the whole layout, not to say it isnt clean looking ...but to make something that is diffrent,clean, and just something un ordinary that makes people go... wow thats pretty neat im gonna check this place out....thats what you need my friends..

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
I think you should stick with this skin for a while, until people actually start getting bored of it - something which I haven't noticed yet. As for a new skin, I suggest something similair to this, definetley don't go with something dark, and definetley not very light, just something smack bang in the middle like this is always popular. :)

- Boag

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
2 years is insane. People, including myself, get bored of the same design after a while and like to see changes.

Anyway, for a new design I think you should just go for something visually outstanding rather than simple. Think outside the normal PB design and make new things with the header etc. I did have a unique idea for DED v2 before it got scrapped, if I can ever find the test board it was on I'll show you.

Ironically, I like the look of the header on that site that ripped the coding (http://askins.proboards61.com/) What I mean is I think focusing on some sweet interface work is the key, (but better than that site's :P) much like Zanmato has (but maybe not that flashy if it's too difficult :P) But, a bright contrasting, interesting "art" area with some sweet interface work around it and maybe a small orb put somewhere on it looks really nice.

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
1.Version 2 should be in the feb. or Murch.that would be good.
2.We should have some events such as new surprises on it.Like x-mas edition for a week or two. Thanks giving edition for a less than a week.And have some especial stuff on it.
3.New fetures comes up.Like some new coding come on.And New Graphics changes go....Like from version 1 go to 1.5 and edit a bet of stuff and make it better!
4.For V2 try to choose dark colors and unique ones.Layour being unique and cool.Some stuff like this would do cool.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yes, that may work.... but you should know why v2 can't wait that long. :P

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Don't ever get into the dark colours trend!
The dark colours make it cool, but it's hurting to the eyes and people can't stay long because of that. (Well, not the hardcore posters. *looks at CD and DVD* :P)

And try to use photos (with some manipulation, but not too much, to keep the "naturality" in it) for your banner. Look at Elixant. I personally believe that design is very professional and smooth.

Oh, and keep the japanese words. A real interesting touch. ;)
Religion should be put back in its place - beneath man, not above him.

newBookmarkLockedFalling