Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
admin said:
jamie85 said:
I think we need to change the title of this thread ;) I think we can safely say SZ isn't going anywhere for the moment :)

Which menas no version 2 for now? Because this skin is damn perfect? :P

I meant the bit about SZ being able to survive ;)

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
rofl....

but u gotta admit this skin is sweeeeeeeet

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
taz said:
Practically all sites get updated after a few months time, perhaps near enough to 6 months or so. XP

No site changes their skin every couple of months, only stupid dumbass noobs on Proboards do that !!
Like I said, think abit more professinaly here, all you idiots are just stuck with the proboards design trend to change the fricking skin every 2-4 months !

And 2 years isn't that long at all, =/

Last Edit: Oct 28, 2005 20:58:32 GMT by crazynarutard

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Don't worry, we'd leave the first skin anyways. And if you think about it, we're still improving on this skin as it goes. Coding, graphics, and content. :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I'd say 1 - 1.5 years is long enough to wait. However, less than that, as Crazy said is kind of proboardish, changing every 5 seconds :P.

Anyways, there are tons of color schemes that haven't been done, such as mixing and matching. Every always thinks of just 1 main color. Well yeah, every main color has been done, because it's so easy.

I don't think you should do a light or dark in the traditional sense of using grey. I think you should try different colors. Like I had some pretty cool colors that I was going to use for a site but never did. Here they are (just wanted to spice up my test board):
eric925.proboards42.com/

Also, I have to admit, I'm getting kind of sick of completely proffesional sites. I don't think I've seen a grunge PB design (not suggesting you should). But for the style, do something original.

Also, it should look good with JS on or off.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Peter's said it looks good here with JS off (other then the welcome table, but can you make a good, non-js welcome table? :-/) :P

And yeah, we've got a few talented designers going for this, and one who's been with us since pre-SZ, but didn't do anything, and isn't even staff. :P He just offered to.

urbancinderella

urbancinderella Avatar
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

Official Member

August 2005
crazyj said:
Stop looking at SSD and other proboards designs sites, start looking at reality and more professional designs site.
They do not go and change their skin every 3/4 months.

And i assume SSD knows this and is doing the same, that's why V5 has stayed for so long.

V5 is staying for so long because I'm attached to the green and unable to make a better skin. :D

But really... I personally like simple skins with a little twist that makes it special. Add a little bit of your own style into it... and really... a lot of people are afraid to take risks when changing skins because you are having to please a whole lot of people... but there will always be some bit of a negative response, so go for something you think will make Studio Zero stick out.

... I sound like a bad motivational speaker.

Kang

Kang Avatar

November 2005
I say stick with this supreme skin for a long time to come.

Because you might not have the time to make a version 2 like this one right at the moment.

Contrary to the 'quit looking at SSD' thing, I think you should not make moves every couple months. Most webpages don't ever change layouts and still keep active. I've seen it myself.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
urbancinderella said:
crazyj said:
Stop looking at SSD and other proboards designs sites, start looking at reality and more professional designs site.
They do not go and change their skin every 3/4 months.

And i assume SSD knows this and is doing the same, that's why V5 has stayed for so long.

V5 is staying for so long because I'm attached to the green and unable to make a better skin. :D

But really... I personally like simple skins with a little twist that makes it special. Add a little bit of your own style into it... and really... a lot of people are afraid to take risks when changing skins because you are having to please a whole lot of people... but there will always be some bit of a negative response, so go for something you think will make Studio Zero stick out.

... I sound like a bad motivational speaker.

Yes, it seems like many of the members here are good at finding the most miniscule thing to complain about. Whether it's that they don't like a copyright here, or the edges aren't smooth enough there, or this thing should have it's own board since 2 people wanna talk about it, whatever. It sort of annoys me... ::)

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
Hmm..
Having V2 In Feb Or March sounds really good.
I usually get tierd of skins.Espcially I'm already bored of this design....
You see The reason ssd and zd/zc didn't change their skin for long time bc of:
1.Their skin has something really that you can eat of I mean you never get full or bored about that skin..if you knew what's going on.
2.They are talented and very active boards..good ones and long ones. They have the best quality of their image and some extreme skin color scheme that you never get sick of it.

That's why they never change and never go inactive.

No effence the quality and the codes here are awsome but the color scheme isn't that touching to me since it's been used all over from popoweb. Suggesting going with unique and put some simple effects on and try to me more creative on things. like a kid face image of a reply button would be good XD.

Anyway I say for some skins especially these ones I would say 4-5 months is the max. because of their color and their design facts.

Some designs go for years and some designs you get bored of them and you have to keep changing them till you get the right one.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
What we'll probably due is release a second skin sometime near April 06. Earliest. And for those of you who know me, that means I'll have more free time but less motivaiton cause school will be getting out near then.

Meaning, earliest is a key word.

As for what you guys said, we have a few "special" ideas in store. :P Some unheard of ever before in PB history.

Anyway, we'd keep this skin as a second selection for those who want it. :P

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I just want to say for some of you out there that are "doubting" SZ's survival...

No matter what, use staff will keep our heads high and do the best that we can, there might be a big change coming up, but not quite sure yet, that information will be released if at all necessary, but it's being discussed between mostly me and CD, but also Joe. So quit doubting SZ, if you are, and just help out in any way you can, and have fun!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Also, for those of you who care, its not moving to another hoster/whatever. :P

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
No fair how come "You big guys" get to know everything and I don't :(

Anyway w/e me no care much at the moment since I don't have to do anything XD so go on.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
nooki said:
No fair how come "You big guys" get to know everything and I don't :(

Anyway w/e me no care much at the moment since I don't have to do anything XD so go on.

Because they don't like you. Even I know what's going on. :D

Nah, I'm kiddin'.

But, I think this skin is fine. It attracted me here and I don't care what you do, this will always be my favorite. I honestly wouldn't have joined had the skin not been this good. And so, contrary to Happy's post earlier, I find ZC's and SSD's skins quite boring. Not so much ZC because it was slightly modified during the move and I like it more. But SSD is so plain. I personally think the smilies could use alot of work and many of the folder icons have the wrong color of green. It's much brighter than what's being used now.

I'm not trying bash SSD or anything, it's a great site and I love the admins there. I'm only saying that there is no reason to change this skin, because every design site has it's flaws(except this one IMO). Unless it is of course to please all of you pesky members so this site stays active. :P

All I've gotta say is: Take your time.

If you're gonna make an entirely new skin and wanna atleast try to match this one, you're gonna have to put in alot of work and effort. So don't blow it. Take aslong as you need. Next Christmas is fine with me. :)

Last Edit: Nov 12, 2005 2:18:04 GMT by Lucifer

newBookmarkLockedFalling