Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Yea I know that, I jut wanted to clear that up real quick, and I don't see you suggesting a Contest. XD

But anywho, I will try to think of something else...

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
I'm the mod for this board. ;) I'm just taking a break. :P
This is my old account. This is my new account

dev7
Me says scavenger hunt, I saw another forum do this very successfully.

They hid letters, you could hide like Studio Zero, in random places like after linking from an affiliate, clicking on something to find a letter, looking in rule threads, and etc.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
We were the forum that did the Scavenger Hunt. :P Every clue you described was part of the huge Hunt I made up last month. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
SKIN TOURNAMENT!! xD I really like the idea...

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
millsman said:
Graphics Idol! People will send in graphics, you decide if they move on or notm,a nd each time they have t do a new graphic until we get to the winner

hey! I wouldn't mind that contest coming afloat. And I wouldn't mind being the one to do it, either. :]

sonicxx said:
cddude229 said:

We try to keep it so most people can enter, besides SotM. Care to explain more though? Seems like an interesting idea.

Well it would be kind of like a Best Forum Skin Contest, for example: G101, SSD, and ED enter the Tourney. They all enter the best Skin they got so it can be entered. The Forum that wins the Tourney gets a Advertise Sig in the top of SZ for a Week or 2 and gets the title of Best Made Skin.

And I don't know how to make any clearer then that. :P

Actually, we did something like this before. Can't remember, I just know it was over a year ago and Outside the Wall won.

Devin

Devin Avatar

Official Member

August 2007
kay said:
millsman said:
Graphics Idol! People will send in graphics, you decide if they move on or notm,a nd each time they have t do a new graphic until we get to the winner

hey! I wouldn't mind that contest coming afloat. And I wouldn't mind being the one to do it, either. :]

sonicxx said:

Well it would be kind of like a Best Forum Skin Contest, for example: G101, SSD, and ED enter the Tourney. They all enter the best Skin they got so it can be entered. The Forum that wins the Tourney gets a Advertise Sig in the top of SZ for a Week or 2 and gets the title of Best Made Skin.

And I don't know how to make any clearer then that. :P

Actually, we did something like this before. Can't remember, I just know it was over a year ago and Outside the Wall won.

I like that idea, we should pick 2-5 representatives from each design forum, and have them make a template, then hold the final voting at PBS. Whoever has the most votes in one week (new poll system ftw), will win, and the other forums must put the advert of the winning forum in their headers.

Hard to organize though.
AFK Aug 2011 - ???

I'll be actively developing codes, tutorials, and templates when I return, later this year.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Like I said, it's been tried quite a few times before and it's failed every time. The big forums aren't interested in doing it and the smaller forums aren't popular enough to make it worth it. And the amount of work Chris and I would have to do. >.<

Devin

Devin Avatar

Official Member

August 2007
jaj43123 said:
Like I said, it's been tried quite a few times before and it's failed every time. The big forums aren't interested in doing it and the smaller forums aren't popular enough to make it worth it. And the amount of work Chris and I would have to do. >.<

Well I would think SZ is a big forum, and big forums might want to challenge big forums.

If its failed, then oh well, I'm out of ideas.
AFK Aug 2011 - ???

I'll be actively developing codes, tutorials, and templates when I return, later this year.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
jaj43123 said:

You two aren't the only ones around here that has to do it. I could always help out. It's a matter of one of you knuckleheads asking for it.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Find the Words is a good contest. Or Guess That Image.

Find the Words, is simple to organize. I do it out of 3 - 5 rounds.

What to do:

Words or letters that follow "DOUBLE".
It could either be 1 or more letters added onto "DOUBLE" to form a new word, or 1 or more words added onto "DOUBLE" to form either a phrase or saying etc.

Examples:

Fired
Fireman
Fire Engine
Fire and Brimstone

Guidelines:
- There are a total of 8 words to be guessed.
- 2 people must guess before you can guess again.
- No editting your post once I have seen your guess.
- 1 guess per post.
- No giving any clues to anyone.
- Every 4 incorrect guesses (total), I will give a small clue.

Additional Info.
This contest will have a total of 5 rounds. This is Round III.
Each round will be a different word, but will always have a total of 8 words to find.
Every correct answer/guess will give you 2points. However, if I had to give a clue in order for you to guess it correctly, it will only be worth 1point.
As with the "A-Z Anagrams" Contest, your scores will be posted in the bottom of each first post of each round.

Explains enough. Each round will be a different word, so that^ round's word, is double, another round's word could be good, or whatever.
This sort of contest is easy yes, but you dont have to be able to code or design, so anyone can enter. After all rounds, calculate all points, and voila, you have a winner. :)

Im pretty sure you know how to do a guess that image.
Oh and one i thought of, Sudoku. However, this would be different, instead of just getting peopel to fill out the whole sudoku themself, make them post and give an answer for one square/box. Each correct would be worth 1pt, or however many.
(ive not yet done that one on my forum, so you will be the first to do it if you do lol..)

Another contest I did that had similar rules to the first contest i suggested in this post, is an "A-Z Anagram" contest. It was split into 2parts - A-M Anagrams, and N-Z Anagrams.

Welcome to Part 1 of the ED Anagram contest.
This contest contains a total of 52 anagrams.
There are 2 anagrams per letter, starting with A, going to Z.
In this part (part 1) there are 26 anagrams, going from A through to M. (Part 2 will be N - Z).

13 of these anagrams are 7 letters long, and the other 13 are 8 letters long.
For ever 7 letter word you guess/unscramble, you recieve 1point, for every 8 letter word you guess/unscramle, you receive 2points.
After Part 2, whoever has the most points, wins the Anagram contest.
(Your name+points will be added into this post)
1 Guess per post, and no double posting.

Obviously, dont use the same words I used :P
But feel free to use any of the contests if ya wish to xD

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
stinky666 said:
Another contest I did that had similar rules to the first contest i suggested in this post, is an "A-Z Anagram" contest. It was split into 2parts - A-M Anagrams, and N-Z Anagrams.

Welcome to Part 1 of the ED Anagram contest.
This contest contains a total of 52 anagrams.
There are 2 anagrams per letter, starting with A, going to Z.
In this part (part 1) there are 26 anagrams, going from A through to M. (Part 2 will be N - Z).

13 of these anagrams are 7 letters long, and the other 13 are 8 letters long.
For ever 7 letter word you guess/unscramble, you recieve 1point, for every 8 letter word you guess/unscramle, you receive 2points.
After Part 2, whoever has the most points, wins the Anagram contest.
(Your name+points will be added into this post)
1 Guess per post, and no double posting.

Sorry, but I can see a huge flaw in this contest. People can use anagram solvers to cheat and win. I'm surprised they haven't already.

Last Edit: Sept 1, 2007 3:13:58 GMT by Chris

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
It doesn't exactly make much difference though to be honest, 'cos its for that sort of reason you make guidelines, one being that someone can't answer again until two other's have answered.. And yeah, that doesn't seem like that much of a deal in helping that, but it is.

And anyway, why the heck does anyone need a solver since I dont give hard anagrams? They simply don't. The point of the contest is to make it easy, so anyone can enter and so everyone has a chance of winning.

Miss Moose ♥

Miss Moose ♥ Avatar
Love The Moose.

Dedicated Member

August 2007
How about a contest for who has the funniest saying? Mine is in my sig ;)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
darkened said:
How about a contest for who has the funniest saying? Mine is in my sig ;)

The problem with a contest like that is someone could just Google "funny quotes" and get a whole list instead of saying something original.

newBookmarkLockedFalling