Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
I don't know for what AMV stays for for I suppose the V may stand for Video? ??? :-[ I'm from Europe guys and am not supposed everything you guys do :P lol

anyway, if the V above stays for video then just ignore my suggestion. I was thinking about a little video contest. You give us the song or just a theme the video should be about. Nothing too large though.

My other thought was teaming up a coder and a designer together and then they should code/design a new code for a PB feature. That'd be decided by the coders though, as they have to code it, and I'm aware that some things on PB require much time to be coded. Anyway, I think you get my idea. Just make also a Team competition and not only a single competition.

Edit: A writing contest would also be cool. (Not sure if that was told yet)

Last Edit: Feb 29, 2008 1:48:39 GMT by Rachel

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Brainteaser Contest!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
elyna said:
I don't know for what AMV stays for for I suppose the V may stand for Video? ??? :-[ I'm from Europe guys and am not supposed everything you guys do :P lol

anyway, if the V above stays for video then just ignore my suggestion. I was thinking about a little video contest. You give us the song or just a theme the video should be about. Nothing too large though.

My other thought was teaming up a coder and a designer together and then they should code/design a new code for a PB feature. That'd be decided by the coders though, as they have to code it, and I'm aware that some things on PB require much time to be coded. Anyway, I think you get my idea. Just make also a Team competition and not only a single competition.

Edit: A writing contest would also be cool. (Not sure if that was told yet)

While the design+coder thing sounds plausible, the downside is free time. Most coders on PB lack much free time... Dreggie's busy, iAlex is busy, I'm busy, Peter's busy, Ross is busy... it just kinda piles up on the remaining few since everyone would need someone to work with, and there's typically far more designers than coders.

However, in the summertime I feel this idea would be very possible. Oh, and the AMV thing... AMV's are "Anime Music Videos." People more or less pick an anime, take cuts, and match them to a song in a video. Sometimes it's not actual music. I've seen it done with a comedian's act before.

Oh, and a writing contest is very possible. I'll run it by Kay since she's in charge of the lit boards and I'd have her run it. The only issue would be lack of competitors.

-----

Zac Attack: Brainteasers are possible. I'll have to find/come up with some original ones since most people have heard the others.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
A writing contest? Eh?

Lemme ponder on it and lemme see what I can come up with. It's very possible, and would be a good way to help the Lit boards just a tad. Meaning, any entries could be posted in there as well.

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
I'm glad you like the coder+designer idea Chris. I don't think there has been something like this before. At least I didn't saw it. Yep, you're right. There're more designers than coders but the jury would have to pick up the designers then in a, let's say, pre-cast. I mean, if there're 5 coders and 10 designers you guys just make a designer contest to see which 5 designers go into the competition with the coders. Do you think some coders would like to do that?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That wouldn't be a bad idea to help with the pairing... though there's some designers that prefer to work with specific coders. For example, I know Eternity and Peter work great together. Same with Slip and DregondRahl. I work best with Joe myself... so it just kinda varies and wouldn't be completely fair if we didn't let them pair themselves.

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
Yep, I know what you mean and understand that. That's no problem. I was also referring more to designers and coders who don't have their teammate yet. I mean, for example, I haven't worked with a coder before to design something, else with for the IC where you helped me with the coding. Unless, each coder already has a designer he/she works with then yeah, there's no need to make any more teams. I guess you know what I mean.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
As I said, we'll look into the idea. :) Brainteasers aren't a bad idea either.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Hmm. I think if we let them pick their own partners, and kind of a first come, first serve, basis, we might be able to work something out. Although a lot of people tend to be busy these days so that's my only worry.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
You should organize another huge scavenger hunt like I did to reveal the GM Scripts board. :P

tehbest

tehbest Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Like an egg hunt sort of thing :P ? Well you could use the words "Studio Zero" and plot all letters around the forum hiding in a range of spots. In boards, changing images all around the forum for the letters etc, making some hard and some easy. First one to get them all wins a prize ?

Last Edit: Aug 11, 2008 14:16:39 GMT by tehbest

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Si's coin hunt is still going on till Aug 20th. Idk if that will look like too much of a rip off. Still I don't think smangii would care. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
tehbest Avatar
Like an egg hunt sort of thing :P ? Well you could use the words "Studio Zero" and plot all letters around the forum hiding in a range of spots. In boards, changing images all around the forum for the letters etc, making some hard and some easy. First one to get them all wins a prize ?

I don't think you understand just how large I made the scavenger hunt. Only one clue was given and it led to the source code where there was a binary comment. Then you translated it and you had another clue. Then you had another clue then you had to switch skins then you had to find a hidden board. Then you had a fork in the road. It was more than just finding letters. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P yea. That hunt was a bitch. Took me so long to get it. lol xD
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm not all too enthused about the "hunt for letters" or whatever thing. It has been done before numerous times at nearly every forum. :P It's just not worth the effort with no real prize to give out.

newBookmarkLockedFalling