Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Please Post any ideas you have for contests to be run in this board. I have a few that I am thinking of but I would like to get everyone else's input as well.

This is my old account. This is my new account

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Hangman, Caption Conmtest, Guess That Song, Funniest Pictures, have lots more but I just cant think about them atm, whenm I get back, I'll post them all :)

Stacey

Stacey Avatar

April 2006
Like RKO said, Hangman, Caption Contests, or you could even have riddles, sudoku, madlibs, and some others I'll try to come up with. :)
+ --- Newest --- +

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Provision did a contest, do something like theirs.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
I kept on getting emails about their contest. Care to explain it in a sentence or two? (I don't feel like fishing out their url or going into my email since it takes forever to load. It's templates.proboards2, I think. Whatever)

Simpsons

Simpsons Avatar
Mmm.. Donut

August 2007
You could do a graphics contest? Like signatures, avatars, and all that. Also, I like hangman :)

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
I know! Studio Zero should have a Skin Tourney, I don't think SZ has had one yet but it's not to late. :)

Last Edit: Aug 14, 2007 16:38:30 GMT by Zero Insanity

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
courteney0cox said:
Like RKO said, Hangman, Caption Contests, or you could even have riddles, sudoku, madlibs, and some others I'll try to come up with. :)

Besides riddles, those things are just games, not contests. Contests are supposed to be more of a challenge, yet remaining open to everyone all at once.

jaj43123 said:
I kept on getting emails about their contest. Care to explain it in a sentence or two? (I don't feel like fishing out their url or going into my email since it takes forever to load. It's templates.proboards2, I think. Whatever)

It's a bunch of random tasks that are quite strange that will get you points. Person with the most points after 5 events wins. :P

simpsons said:
You could do a graphics contest? Like signatures, avatars, and all that. Also, I like hangman :)

You mean something like Sig of the Month (SotM) is currently, except for those items?

sonicxx said:
I know! Studio Zero should have a Skin Tourney, I don't think SZ has had one yet but it's not to late. :)

We try to keep it so most people can enter, besides SotM. Care to explain more though? Seems like an interesting idea.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
sonicxx said:

My conscience wants a skin tourno.

millsman

millsman Avatar

August 2007
Graphics Idol! People will send in graphics, you decide if they move on or notm,a nd each time they have t do a new graphic until we get to the winner

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
cddude229 said:
sonicxx said:

We try to keep it so most people can enter, besides SotM. Care to explain more though? Seems like an interesting idea.

Well it would be kind of like a Best Forum Skin Contest, for example: G101, SSD, and ED enter the Tourney. They all enter the best Skin they got so it can be entered. The Forum that wins the Tourney gets a Advertise Sig in the top of SZ for a Week or 2 and gets the title of Best Made Skin.

And I don't know how to make any clearer then that. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Sonic, that's been done several times by SSD. Failed every single time.

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
I don't go to SSD, to many spammers there. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
I don't anymore (For that reason and the fact that it's become almost DX5 level with the immaturity) but I was a GMod there for 7 months and a mod for a year and a half (Also in the top 10 posters of all time) and I would know. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Guys, this is a CONTEST SUGGESTION thread.

newBookmarkLockedFalling