Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
science's and religion's views on many of life's questions are quite different. which do you believe is right? should the two be seperated from each other?

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Creationism VERSUS Evolutionism?

I'll say take each side with a pinch of salt, but religion more so than science.

Both are nothing more than theories. Religion uses faith to back its theories, science uses logic to back its theories.
Religion should be put back in its place - beneath man, not above him.

slayer

slayer Avatar

January 2007
well I go with logic over faith so I would say science

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
alfredlau said:

I'll say take each side with a pinch of salt, but religion more so than science.

Both are nothing more than theories. Religion uses faith to back its theories, science uses logic to back its theories.

Science uses more than logic to back its theories --- Proof. :P

As for Evolution -- its been proved a million times over using fossil evidences. Creationism is a flawed, illogical myth.

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
slipstream said:
alfredlau said:

Science uses more than logic to back its theories --- Proof. :P

As for Evolution -- its been proved a million times over using fossil evidences. Creationism is a flawed, illogical myth.

Pfft.

Science uses undeniable logic to pose as proof, to back its theories.

Evolution is flawed as well. Carbon dating isn't all reliable. Though, evolution is far more reliable than creationism.

Yay, I just made a bunch of enemies unknowingly.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
There's no posing. You can't be serious!! :P

Carbon-dating is not the ONLY DATING METHOD - u know that don;t you?

Scientists can date a multitude of Isotopes of elements other than Carbon too in fossils. It has been scientifically proven that Evolution occured.

Creationism is nonsense -- if Adam and Eve gave birth to Mankind -tell me this: They had 2 sons --- how would the sons have procreated if at that point this was the only family on Earth??

:P

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
slipstream said:
Creationism is nonsense -- if Adam and Eve gave birth to Mankind -tell me this: They had 2 sons --- how would the sons have procreated if at that point this was the only family on Earth??

:P

Ask God.

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2007 9:28:15 GMT by Kai

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar
My fingers can touch -anything- but them selves

Official Member

November 2006
alfredlau said:
Ask God.

Get on the phone with him :D from what I hear president bush has his number

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
This topic isn't science vs. religion anymore. Now it's just science vs. biblical Christian Creationism, which should stay separate. You could believe that a higher power put forth the big bang (or other cosmogonic causes) and the effects from it, but that would be totally different and wouldn't really conflict.

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
This topic isn't science vs. religion anymore.

Read the quote below.

science's and religion's views on many of life's questions are quite different.

We are merely discussing one of the many differing views. I.e. how the world started.

You could believe that a higher power put forth the big bang (or other cosmogonic causes) and the effects from it.

Is that science or religion? ???

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I don't know where this is going anymore -- ???

And SO --- ok I will make it more broad ---- Hinduism tells us that a lotus developed from the body of Lord Vishnu = Supreme God and from this lotus developed Brahma, the creator of all universes and he made everything including the gods and demons and mortals and Earth and heaven and hell --- o and he's got three heads. Not only that one of the demons, Ravana - he's got 10 heads. So you see this is way too much bullshit for me to even talk about -- that is why I think we were debating a saner thread of the topic: Creationism vs Evolution.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
alfredlau said:
Is that science or religion? ???

Maybe it's both. =O

slipstream said:
I don't know where this is going anymore -- ???

And SO --- ok I will make it more broad ---- Hinduism tells us that a lotus developed from the body of Lord Vishnu = Supreme God and from this lotus developed Brahma, the creator of all universes and he made everything including the gods and demons and mortals and Earth and heaven and hell --- o and he's got three heads. Not only that one of the demons, Ravana - he's got 10 heads. So you see this is way too much bullshit for me to even talk about -- that is why I think we were debating a saner thread of the topic: Creationism vs Evolution.

Yeah, but that's something else that might conflict with a science that needs proof, unless we find something like that on the next galaxy. =P That still brings me back to what I said before...that there aren't necessarily two fine lines that contradict each other. Maybe what I said isn't really religious and more deistic or something, but whatever works.

cf
hard to believe that everything came to be from a bang... sounds way out there....

Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007 17:44:15 GMT by cf

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
cf said:
hard to believe that everything came to be from a bang... sounds way out there....

Truth is never easy.

cf
alfredlau said:
cf said:

Truth is never easy.

Well I don't believe that is true, but you can believe whatever you would like.

newBookmarkLockedFalling